PDA

View Full Version : is jesus god?

leprechaunlover
04-21-2006, 11:50 AM
I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and arose again on the third day however I find I hard to believe Jesus is God. I believe Jesus is the son of God. I just can not understand this. I will appreaciate it if someone out there can enlighting me to the concept of why people say he is God.

rufioag
04-21-2006, 12:11 PM
I think I can help you out a little. First take a look at this link and then ill explain further:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.png

I am thankful that you have come to faith in Jesus Christ as your savior and it is important to search out for the answers to your questions so that you can grow in your faith. Even God tells us to search for the answers to our questions.

In the Trinity, the Three are said to be co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will but still one God. I hope this makes it a little clearer. Also, i have another link,

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/triunity.html
and
http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/xdimgod.html

these links are great sources that will definetly further explain the legitiment claim that Christ is God and that God exists. I also have had many questions on this same issue and have been searching for answers as well and these sites helped quiet a bit. Unfortunatly, I have to run but if this doesnt help, ill gladly attempt to explain more when I have more time.

Stanislaw
04-22-2006, 03:01 PM
I am a Christian. I believe that Jesus died for my sins and arose again on the third day however I find I hard to believe Jesus is God. I believe Jesus is the son of God. I just can not understand this. I will appreaciate it if someone out there can enlighting me to the concept of why people say he is God.

well, to be a christian means you acknowledge the divinity of Jesus, and him being God...as defined by the council of nicea, and earlier.

the trinity is an easy thing to understand...it is like a three leafed clover...all seperate parts, but infact one leaf.

Xamonas Chegwe
04-22-2006, 07:33 PM
It sounds to me as if you have taken your first, doubting step towards the darkside. (cue Satanic laughter)

btw, is leprechaun loving actually classed as bestiality? I'm never sure where to draw the line when it comes to fairy folk. :confused:

rufioag
04-23-2006, 01:18 AM
I know your joking about the doubting going towards the darkside but I dont think there is anything wrong with questioning faith in the Lord and seeking answers. As a christian matures in their faith, they have to step away from the spoon fed beliefs that they have accepted all their lives begin to understand God on a personal level. I mean, even the disciples fully didnt understand all the preachings of Jesus until the Holy Spirit lead them to understanding, and I believe it is evident in your questioning for answers that the Holy Spirit is working through you to strengthen your faith.

Xamonas Chegwe
04-23-2006, 07:44 AM
I am afraid that my faith failed the strengthening process long ago - I stepped away from the spoon-fed answers and questioned and realised that there was no-one up there to provide the answers.

I was very serious - although perhaps I should have said 'rational enlightenment' rather than 'the darkside' - I have no more place in my worldview for Satan than I do for God.

By all means question your faith - question everything - just don't be surprised if you end up with answers that aren't the ones you expect.

rufioag
04-23-2006, 01:48 PM
I agree, you may not find every answer you were looking for becuase there are so many misleading answers out there, especially ont he internet where the view about God is based on personal bias against the religion and not factual evidence. While science/reality cant explain God to the fullest, there is evidence that supports the beliefs of Christianity all over the place.

Id just say, beware of what you find on the internet. Its amazing thatll youll find that the life of Jesus is a myth! That none of the gospels were written by at least some of the disciples. Of course none of this is true. But I pray that the Lord will allow those who doubt to fully understand his glory before the end becuase the opportunity is there. I dont believe in the hell that many artists depict but I do believe in a hell that consists of Eternal Seperation from God which is something, as a human, we can never fully understand. I pray that you may never experience this and that before you die, you may realize and have your heart opened to the Lord.