PDA

View Full Version : sum1 help me plzz

confoosedgyal
04-05-2006, 07:48 AM
my essay q is: 'how does robert louis stevenson explore the duality of human nature in dr. jekyll and mr hyde?' i hav bn doin it 4 2 wks n all i hav ritten is:'robert louis stevenson explores the duality of human nature in dr. jekyll and mr hyde by...' n thats it! i dunno wot 2 rite! aaarrgghh!! :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:if ne1 has dun this essay alredy can u plz plz send it 2 me plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz i wont copy it jus get some ideas i need 2 get it dun soo plz plz ne1 i will owe u big tym

mir
04-05-2006, 08:23 AM
ookay . .. i don't have the essay and if i did i wouldn't send it but here's a few ideas: duality of human nature as savagery and civilization in every person, the veneer of civilization and respectability hiding the deeper nature within, that is displayed in us all when we become angry or lose control of our emotions, Stevenson is just personifying the states of being (loss of control=animalism, "civilation" = calm and contained humanism) with a monstrous form and one that we think of as controlled and urbane. that's what i think anyways, but i haven't even really read the book, so take it at face value.

confoosedgyal
04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
ookay . .. i don't have the essay and if i did i wouldn't send it but here's a few ideas: duality of human nature as savagery and civilization in every person, the veneer of civilization and respectability hiding the deeper nature within, that is displayed in us all when we become angry or lose control of our emotions, Stevenson is just personifying the states of being (loss of control=animalism, "civilation" = calm and contained humanism) with a monstrous form and one that we think of as controlled and urbane. that's what i think anyways, but i haven't even really read the book, so take it at face value.

woww ur cleva :D thanxx :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

GunnersBorn
04-26-2006, 07:14 AM
I'm doing this essay right now. i've said everything i can an i'm only on 500 words of a 1500 word essay. i'm screwed.

mir
04-26-2006, 08:12 PM
ouch, that's long. here's a hint: when all else fails, use filler - ex. longer sentances or ones that reiterate a point at the end of a paragraph or connect ideas to the thesis - and digress a bit. (unless your teacher is evil about that.)