PDA

View Full Version : three days left to live

Aragorn
03-31-2006, 12:58 AM
if you know you only have three days left to live, what will u do?

i will take my parents to Tibet to see the most beautiful mountains in the world...

TortalFantomFan
03-31-2006, 01:16 AM
i'm boring, i'd settle all my affairs and maybe have a picnic with my friends or somehing. I'd want to spend some time outside- i don't know why but i lounge around on the couch too much i really need to motivate myself more. Good question i'm glad i took the time to answer it. If i freezing out and i had a lawn i'd go sit on the grass for a bit. :)

I'd also write letters to prominent world leaders requesting the take the danger to the environment more seriously. I'd do it now but then i'd have to live with my family talking about- i like to fly under the radar. they can talk about what ever they like when i'm dead.

Joleena
03-31-2006, 12:51 PM
That's a real hard question, I think nobody can imagine what it really means to know that you're living only three more days!
I expect that I would like to spend much time with the ones I love. Sure I want to see all the interesting places all over the world, but it probably would be more important to make it as easy for the ones staying alive, as possible.

Stanislaw
03-31-2006, 01:25 PM
I think I would divide up my earthly posestions, go to church and die there.

Helga
04-01-2006, 07:37 AM
I would delete all my diary entries so my mom wouldn't find out how depressed I was. I'd collect all my poems and hope that some of my relatives had more courage than me and would try to get it published. I wouldn't let Spock out of my sight. I'd make a will so all my money would go to a charity and I'd finish the list of what songs I want in my funeral....

I think that is it...

belle ringer
04-02-2006, 08:17 AM
I'll spend all three days showing my love why even a lifetime wouldn't be enough.

Xamonas Chegwe
04-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Assuming that I had full health for those 3 days, I would run up the biggest credit-card bill the world has ever known and try my best to go out early in the middle of a pile of women and booze.

I'll probably try heroin too, just to see what all of the fuss is about - not much danger of developing a habit.

Actually, I probably wouldn't do any of the above, just say goodbye to all of the people I know in the world. One thing is for certain though, I wouldn't go in to work!!! :nod:

Helga
04-02-2006, 09:21 AM
One thing is for certain though, I wouldn't go in to work!!! :nod:

I agree! :)

woeful painter
04-02-2006, 11:16 AM
EDIT: Oh, changed my mind...knew something easier...pray...and play with my PS2, PC and GC all those three days :lol:

emily655321
04-02-2006, 11:17 AM
I would delete all my diary entries so my mom wouldn't find out how depressed I was.Same here! Except, everyone already knows how depressed I am. :p I would definitely delete all written record of my thoughts, and any bad poetry I've got going at the moment.

First, though, I'd contact everyone I know, just to let them know, "Hey... they just discovered there's a disease that kills perfectly healthy people in exactly three days... no, 72 hours to the second... yeah, go figure. Anyway, bye."

I might get rid of all the old schoolwork and newspaper clippings I've got clogging my closet at home, since... I guess it didn't come in handy, after all. I might write out a brief will.

That doesn't leave a whole lot of time for hanging out with others... I guess I'd find a way to fit in an hour or two somewhere. :p

ElizabethSewall
04-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I guess I would pray and try to finally make peace within. But, most important, I would try to make everyone as happy as possible before I leave.

Nightshade
04-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Id probably spend hours writing letters to anyone and everyone Ive ever thought about much.
Humm Id probably try and do something big to make a mark to mean that me living was important to someone that I made a differance somehow.
Id try to get to the sea. So I could watch the dolphins at sunset like I used to when I was little. And Id tell alot of people what I really think of them.

:)

AimusSage
04-02-2006, 12:19 PM
I would just throw a big goodbye party the last day. The other days would probably be spend doing enjoyable things. I'm not going to drastically alter my life just because I'll stop living in three days, that's just silly. Neglect the not so fun things obviously, but overall I'll probably not do anything extreme like traveling to the other side of the world or whatever.

Nightshade
04-02-2006, 12:24 PM
In a way your right aimus I guess Id still like to do somthing big and helpful in my life though.

AimusSage
04-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes, that is a desire that many people have, but the desire often makes people see their own life as insignificant unless they have achieved something great. For me it's better to life a good life then to do one great thing in life, and leave it at that.

What good has my life been, if I have to make up for it in the last three days of it?

The Unnamable
04-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Where I am there is a temptation to live every day as if it were one of the last three. I often think it is. Nana Plaza – the bar boys’ equivalent to the elephants' graveyard. So, liking the sound of Chegwe’s first suggestion, I’d go for three days of ransacking my dignity.

Why three days, Aragorn?

Welsh metaphysical and devotional poet Henry Vaughan begins one of his poems with:

“What if this present were the world's last night?”

Nightshade
04-02-2006, 12:46 PM
What good has my life been, if I have to make up for it in the last three days of it?
Oh I was more thinking if today was the first of the 3. Idont think I really have anything to make up for but Id like to really make just one person happy. As for a good life than achieved somthing great I agree wholheardlty I donty want to achieve anything really I mean Im becoming a librarian not much achivement or ambition there .:D

AimusSage
04-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh I was more thinking if today was the first of the 3. Idont think I really have anything to make up for but Id like to really make just one person happy. As for a good life than achieved somthing great I agree wholheardlty I donty want to achieve anything really I mean Im becoming a librarian not much achivement or ambition there .:D

I see, if you can make one more person happy in those three days, and this is what you like to do, then do it.

As for becoming a librarian not being ambitious or of high achievement, that I have to disagree with. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you try to be good at what you do. You can be a librarian and be extremely ambitious, what if you want to be the best librarian you can be, that is ambitious, and a high achievement.

Nightshade
04-02-2006, 01:01 PM
gee thanks :D

AimusSage
04-02-2006, 01:23 PM
You are most welcome! :) I find that teachers, librarians and the likes are not nearly appreciated enough by society for what they do for that very same society.

Nightshade
04-02-2006, 01:34 PM
True, well about teachers anyway. :D Important as they are and yet waves of people hate them for their jobs.

Sami
04-07-2006, 01:58 PM
This thread really reminds me of a film from a few years back called “Last Night” – it’s great. It shows how different people choose to spend the last 6 hours before the world ends (it’s not actually as completely depressing as it sounds). Some people try to carry on as normal and deny that anything’s happening, while others are totally freaking out and doing all the outrageous things they always wanted to do but never dared to try. I’ve got a feeling I’d be in the “try to carry on as normal” category but I’m not sure why – it’s probably the least rational option in some ways. It’s an interesting question.

kilted exile
04-08-2006, 05:24 PM
As much as I would like to think I would go out in a blaze of drink & general badness.....I have a nagging feeling that I would spend the entire three days worrying, crying & attempting to bribe the doctor to kill me early. I never want to know if there is a time period before I die.

Fat29
07-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Settle all my debts, confess all my sins and wrongs, give all that I have away and instruct my family to give me a simple burial (i.e. cremate me immediately on death and scatter my ashes in the sea). I hope that I can have the courage to do all of these when I am near death, because I am now fearless.

alshadai
07-11-2006, 10:15 AM
I would likely go home to my parents for a visit, taking my close friends and possibly camping somewhere nearby in the mountains. I believe the key thing is that I wouldn't tell anyone because I just wouldn't want them to know and greive with me. I would want happy and truthful last days.

literaturerocks
07-11-2006, 01:32 PM
i would want to do four things

1. save someones life
2. make a difference in the world that benefits mankind
3. spend time with family and friends
4. live my last three days to the fullest and go to heaven :nod:

~*Dark Faerie*~
07-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Basics first, I would say goodbye to everyone I love.
I would try to write thoughts and ideas I've had but not able to say.

Then I jump on a freaken plane and get out of here! See places I've always wanted to see, things I need to see before I die.
Finally, I'd try to make peace with God, though I don't want to just believe because I'm scared of the unknown. If only we could live every day like that.

apple jiang
07-25-2006, 02:34 AM
in fact ,I offen imagin that I would die soon but ,I'm still afraid of death.I know death is just another start of my journey,back to the origin,and restart the circle of life.but if I had died,I would feel nothing, nothing beautiful,a little terrible.
If I had had three days to live,I think I would find all the people i love and tell them I love them,I want them have the most beautiful memory of me.maybe I wouldn't let them know that I will die,I would tell them that I will take a long travel to a very remote place and don't worry about me,then I would find a quiet place and wait quietly.

miss tenderness
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Three days! I'll gather those who I love in one place, lock them up and spend my left time staring at them and crying , I will do as much good as possible, I'll ask Allah, swt , to forgive me and gather me with Him and those I love in Heaven. My brother passed away twelve years ago. He was just younger than my age now by two years. He was twenty. My dad knew that he would die by a dream he had two days before my brother's death. He was a sleep, woke up and started searching for my bro all over the house. My bro was not there, so he fell ill till my bro was back. I remember my bro kissed him and stayed besides his bed for so long. We did not know the reason of what happened till one year after my bro's death. Daddy told us that he had a dream and what happened after two days was exactly what he saw in his dream. He died in a car accident. Very very handsome young man died in his flowering twenties. We do not know when and how is it going to be, do we?

Virgil
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
That sounds so sad, about your brother Miss T. My sympathes. May he have a special place in heaven.

miss tenderness
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
thanks Vrig, wish you not to lose someone dear to you :)

subterranean
08-09-2006, 08:26 PM
I haven't got the slightest idea of what I'm going to do...

okeedokey
08-10-2006, 12:04 PM
I'd rather hang around with my families 247 everyday. They bestowed a life to me. I'm just another part of them.

PierreGringoire
08-11-2006, 12:14 AM
I'd probably have death on the mind

Eagleheart
11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
I'll probably write a treatise, regarding the end of humanity- Dying, people may take me seriously

Guzmán
11-09-2006, 04:32 PM
I would probably spend them making up a good deathbed quote.

TEND
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Well, theres a girl who I swear must be my soulmate, so I would tell her how I feel, first and foremost. I'd probably get blitzed with the boys, read a few passages of this and that, perhaps write something. I'd want to be at home, or at a friends house or somewhere meaningful, maybe my hometown, and to be with friends and family when we/I go.

blacksheep
11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
... i would either spend all my money on traveling and bungee roping and parachuting and diving and climbing glaciers or commit suicide. death scares me - especially when its so inevitable and near.

Nightmare9870
11-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Day 1: Write a will and give away/donate all my stuff
Day 2: Go out with friends/family
Day 3: Spend it by myself, wondering what I'd be doing the next day.
Last hour of day 3: Think of something really profound to say for my last words and read A Psalm of Life by Longfellow. My favorite poem, and fitting for the event.

Ryduce
11-10-2006, 11:12 PM
I'd probably spend the majority of the time crying like a little girl.lol