PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Song in Peter Pan?

TinkerWink
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
What is your favorite song or songs in Peter Pan and why?

Slightly
04-19-2006, 06:34 PM
I dont know if this is the correct tital of the song but i like the song sung by the boys-I wont grow up-because well......i wont grow up!

Dr. Pan
04-23-2006, 09:49 PM
You didn't mention which version of Pan. In the original production the pirates song with words by Barrie and music by John Crook is probably the basis for all pirate songs including the Pirates of the Carriabian. In the 1950's Broadway version with Boris Karloff most of the songs are rather odd, but one at the end of the show called "Dream with Me" that Wendy sings to a sleeping Peter is touching. My favorite in the Disney version is "Second Star to the Right" which is sung over the opening credits, Doris Day sang a beautiful version in 1952. The Mary Martin version in 1954 has many wonderful songs, "Never Never Land", "I wont grow up", and "Distant Melody" in the Cathy Rigby revival in 2000 the update of the indian dance Ugh-a-wah, is so exerating it's hard to not get up and dance. In pupet theate version that I stumbled across recently entitled "Peter and Wendy" most of the music has a Celtic flair, but the best song is sung by the Crocodile, an alluring female, who sings "I know you find me a bit disarming" and other similiar wicked puns that I just love it.