PDA

View Full Version : Are the Movies Any Good?

TinkerWink
03-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi, I only saw the Disney version of Peter Pan, my best friend said the other versions are better though. What ones do you like the best and why do you think I should watch them?

RobinHood3000
03-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I like Hook, which is sort of a sequel-esque type of film. Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman, Maggie Smith, Julia Roberts, Bob Hoskins, Charlie Korsmo...an absolutely HUGE amount of talent working on it, great music, witty writing, and a remarkably satisfying ending.

Peter Banning: (upon meeting the Lost Boys) What is this, some Lord of the Flies preschool?

Charles Darnay
03-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I would have to agree.... Hook is a fantastic movie... one of those that you can see five times in one week and not get bored of it. Dustin Hophman is amazing.

Finding Neverland is also a great film - fantastic music, Johnny Depp, lovely story.....

Slightly
03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
I totaly agree!!!!!!!!
HOOK is the best version of peter pan! Robin Williams rocks!!!
I love how they added the game of pretend food in the story... the food fight is my favorite sceen!
The Disney version was ok but it was not like the book AT ALL!! The book is so much different (and better :nod: )
Then, the new Peter Pan was also ok. They changed a lot in that too. What a realy dont like about that movie though was the big kiss at the end! :rage: It was so against the mothers hidden kiss and the book itself. However, when not comparing it to the book it was an overall good movie. (Just read the book before you watch it :nod: )

RobinHood3000
03-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Haha, yeah, that's a good scene, too, but I LOVE the climactic duel...

Still...
Peter Banning: Eat what? There's nothing here! GANDHI ate more than this!!