PDA

View Full Version : Never Read Peter Pan!!!

TinkerWink
03-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Hi I never read Peter Pan, but my best friend has. What kind of fantasy is it? It is a happy girl fantasy or a sad one? Should I read the book, or not? OOHHH and did you read it is less than a day, meaning you could not put the book down or was it boring. I did see the Disney version of Peter Pan. Is it anything like the book? Thanks a lot!!!

Slightly
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM
:lol: Well i think you should read the book. Its not a fantasy book exactly........... lets just say there is no "and they all live happily ever after.

Makaira
05-02-2006, 02:41 PM
The disney movie is a clean and sanitized version of thebook. Th book is dark and mysterious, witty and clever. It has convoluted prose but there are some things which the film can never convey. such as:

"(Mrs. Darling) She was a lovely lady with a romantic mind and such a sweet mocking mouth."

"In the midst of them (the pirates)the blackest and largest jewel in that dark setting, reclined James Hook..."

I mean in the book there is a huge battle scene between the Pirates and the savages.
Read and enjoy this great gift of literature!

combdada
05-19-2006, 01:07 AM
:D yes, worth reading.
You may be also reluctant to grow up. The reading would touch upon something in you that you may never realize before.

Try a comparative reading with Le Petit Prince
And that would be more interesting.

enjoy it^_^