PDA

View Full Version : Lit Class Questions start here :D :D

lil_chicken
03-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey guys welcome to our new forum, u wanna ask me a question ?? hehe i dunno if ill have an answer but ill try n ill ask stuff later once someone has registered!!!

sooooo... Why do you think Iago didnt conclude his plans once he had achieved what he had originally set out to do??

mwa luv me xx

:banana:

Minx
03-14-2006, 11:01 PM
:bday_2:

i dont think Iago completed his original plans because he realised wot he had done... maybe his conscience finally caught up with him??

wot do you guys think?

Minx

lil_chicken
03-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Nah he did complete wot he set out to do! he got the position he wanted that wos originally given to Cassio which was why he was in a bad mood in the first place!!! He continued out of pure evil, ohhh the evil man!

SkizaWWE
03-14-2006, 11:05 PM
:lol:

I think that he ( Iago) became so carried away with his treacherous acts etc. that he couldn't stop himself from trying to inflict more evil on everyone else and that he didn't cover his tracks as well and thus this is probably why he was found out. You know kind of like a too much of a good thing or like the pringles ad - " Once you pop you can't stop" !!!!

lil_chicken
03-14-2006, 11:10 PM
ooo so true mate!!! He enjoyed having the power in the situation and the characters were his little puppets, he felt like he could control their feelings and actions. However, he kept it going for so long and he had to interfere to keep it running smoothly (by killing Roderigo etc). i agree that what you said about too much of a good thing, its like people who have a lot of money, they can be millionaires already but keep making investments and finding bargains at clothing retailers just so that they can get more and more. (its called GREED) Iago was a self centred, power hungry , maliscious creature who fed off others discontent. hehe i sound intelligent ahahah

anyhoo thats my thoughts...

:D :D

Minx
03-14-2006, 11:11 PM
lol i think Shakespeare would be turning in his grave right now if he knew you were comparing his play to a tin of Pringles! nicely put SkizaWWE. i think Iago is more lik a box-a-chocolates... hes the dodgey toffee one that always gets left on the box.. :nod:

cRaZy
03-14-2006, 11:12 PM
He loved being evil and hence he didn't feel anything. I actually liked the fact that he had no emotions at the end of the play, made him seem all the more devious. I think his thirst to mess everyone's life up was awesome it's not everyday you come across a character that possesses such venom inside, it just added more life to the play, common the other characters apart from emilia, were so daft!no personality at all! shakey did a good job with iggy and emi!
J'adore moi!xoxo

Minx
03-14-2006, 11:23 PM
yeah i think he (Shakey) did a good job with Iggy and Emi but he did a really poor job with Dezza! Seriously wot was he thinking? she was so weak and easily manipulated AND she fell in love with a mans stories, NOT the actualy man... i mean c'mon hoo does that these days?

lil_chicken
03-14-2006, 11:33 PM
ummm no one, im not the materialistic type but cmon!!! the man could have been making the stories up! she should have investigated his backgrond, past relationships and his temper...oh geez he lost it when dezza looked at another man ! talk about jealousy, was he insecure or what!!! this makes me think that Othello didnt have much experience with women, or people at all seeing as he didnt agree with interaction wotsoever!! What was dezza supposed to do all day then if she couldnt tlak to anyone??? sit in her room and sew handkerchiefs???? Thats just not on! Dezza really should have listed the pros and cons of her man to be! Freaky stories vs violent, unsociable, unsecure, lonerrrr. hehe im sorry for being mean :(

SkizaWWE
03-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Yea. I know what you guys mean. At the start of the play you tend to be like wow what a cool romance and oh that's so nice but as the play presses on you're just like, please no more and you think, Cmon girl just defend yourself and stop being so passive.

finessfreak
03-15-2006, 07:30 AM
but to answer the original question "Why do you think Iago didnt conclude his plans once he had achieved what he had originally set out to do??" I dont think That iago had seen enough damage done. I think that he wanted to see Cassion dead.

Or maybe he did conclude his plans.Consider this- some one mentioned earlier that Iago showed no remorse right till the end. Maybe Emilia spilling the beans on him worked to his advantage...... I mean it is possible that Iago hated Othello so much that he wanted him to suffer with the torment of guilt and in the end was satisfied that othello had met his ultimate downfall...........

Aurelian
03-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Nice to see the ol' Lit class united in the love of Big O. :brow: So, yeah...good to know I'm not the only one who felt like whapping li'l miss whinger upside the head. (hey...if i didn't whap her, I'd be self abnegating!!! Hey, hey! Yeah, I'm just that good...I'mma gonna go sleep now >.<)

Aurelian
03-17-2006, 08:35 AM
So what did you guys think of the Surprise Essay? (Jes and Kiara missed out...poor things >.<) and BTW, you like my avvie? (sorry for teh double postness, also ^^ My Bad) :brow:

Minx
03-17-2006, 09:31 AM
the Uber Spethal essay was aiight... i actually liked the topic once i knew wot it was about...

dam that Iago!!

tomatoes
03-22-2006, 08:19 AM
I guess I'll find out about the essay tomorrow.
To answer the original question... Iago was having too much fun to stop. At least that's what I think. Why else would he keep on being evil. Iago was a hedonist, therefore he would only do something he liked to do and if he didn't like it he would have stopped. So he must have liked manipulating people and that's why he never stopped until they all died.

lil_chicken
03-23-2006, 09:42 AM
I found out today or maybe it was yesterday another reason why Iago continued his deceitful plotting... as you would already know, Iago is a misogynistic character (he HATES women, not just their mere existence but feminine qualities and aspects of human creation!!!) Othello was probably initially Iago's friend but when Othello became seduced by a woman Iago couldnt stand the fact that his friend had succumbed to such a feminine emotion as love. Iago HATED Othello's relationship with Desdemona because of its feminism and how Desdemona had some power over Othello; although this deteriorated at the end of the play when Othello took on more masculine qualities of power and violence (not saying men are violent but this was a stereotypicakl characteristic in its social context). Iago intended to follow through with his plans to obtain the position of Cassio which he wanted however his hatred of women drove him to doing what ever else necessary to not only diminish but totally destroy the love between Dezza and Othello because of its feminie qualities. (who else thinks Iago is slightly tapped hehe oh hes great but lol)

luv me :) :) xox

phmb
11-02-2006, 04:19 PM
can anyone help me with this topic for an essay
The war between othello and iago is fundamentally a dispute between good and evil of the world...?

mylifestylepr
03-18-2007, 10:21 PM
What are Iago Motives for disliking Othello? What does he mean by "Tis in ourselves that we are thus or thus" (1.3 341)? Why Does Iago tell Roderigo he hates Othello, then advises Othello of danger in the next Scene