PDA

View Full Version : A Girl of the Limberlost

Rosie Cotton
03-14-2006, 09:04 PM
One of my favorite books! I can't believe there are no threads on this. Die Edith Carr. Sorry, those who have not read A Girl of the Limberlost wouldn't get that...

Discussing "A Girl of the Limberlost." Who thinks Elnora's slightly...Mary Sue-ish. (If you're familiar with the term)

Mary Sue
09-13-2006, 09:04 PM
Hi Rosie Cotton!

Yes, I'm familiar with the term which is, coincidentally and perhaps whimsically, my user name.
And yes, Elnora is a Mary Sue. Most definitely. Because let's face it, the Mary Sue character ALWAYS wins in the end. ALWAYS gets her man. That uppity b****Edith Carr never had a chance, once the pure, unsullied Girl of the Limberlost appeared on the scene.

I can picture Edith in later years in an opium den or a speakeasy, saying in a slurred voice "I hate butterflies!"

marygooch
05-12-2008, 06:05 PM
"I hate Butterflies" oh my! i can see it as well! thank you for that laugh. Girl of the Limberlost is a sweet story, i love when Elnora realizes she loves her daughter and wants her to be happy. I hate how the movie ends in the middle of the book. I always wondered what happened after. then i found the book, oh happy day!