PDA

View Full Version : Yeehas, my first short story :)

SleepyWitch
03-13-2006, 01:45 PM
EDIT: I've deleted my story.. (not to submit it in the contest ;) just for privacy reasons)
could one of the mods please remove this thread? I dunno how to do it?

mir
03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
i don't really get the ending, but i like your story anyways; it's really well-written and intruiging. it can get a little confusing about who's "he" (the pigeon or the guy) but it's really good! nice description.

SleepyWitch
03-14-2006, 06:28 AM
i don't really get the ending, but i like your story anyways; it's really well-written and intruiging. it can get a little confusing about who's "he" (the pigeon or the guy) but it's really good! nice description.

hehe, yep I was a bit worried about the pigeon, too.... but then seeing as the pigeon's wooing is supposed to be symbolic, maybe the confusion is OK?
the ending is like that on purpose, because it's intended to make readers think about what the "it" the characters haven't got used to might be...
err? does it have that effect?

thanks for your comment :)

mir
03-14-2006, 08:55 AM
yes, it does. : ) the open-ended idea is kind of cool.

Xamonas Chegwe
03-14-2006, 01:12 PM
I liked the ending too. The story led me to believe that this was some guy the main character hardly knew and that she was sort of spying on him, but it turns out that they have a history, of sorts. But what sort? Nice writing. Keep it up.

SleepyWitch
03-15-2006, 06:16 AM
I liked the ending too. The story led me to believe that this was some guy the main character hardly knew and that she was sort of spying on him, but it turns out that they have a history, of sorts. But what sort? Nice writing. Keep it up.

hehe :) thanks for your comment. "sort of spying on him" hehe, I hadn't seen it that way. it's interesting to see what people read into it :) thanks :)