PDA

View Full Version : omgomgomgomgomg

patrick doyle
02-26-2006, 03:13 PM
omg pleese pleese pleese can someone send me a really good essay on "What makes charles dicken's great expectations so popular to people even today?" really soon.....(dead line and all that) It would be really helpful...cheers :D

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 03:16 PM
You people really amaze me. Why should anyone do your schoolwork for you? Write the bloody thing yourself or fail. Education is NOT about learning where to steal other people's work.

patrick doyle
02-26-2006, 03:19 PM
i no im sory....i deleted it on my computer by accident. pleese can u help me, the teacher si going to eat me

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Surely, seeing as you've already done the research, you can remember enough of what you wrote to knock off another version in nothing flat. If you want my opinion on the finished work, I'll be happy to give it.

Besides, I'm sure your teacher will be just as sympathetic to your deleted files as most are regarding dogs eating homework.

Virgil
02-26-2006, 03:34 PM
i no im sory....i deleted it on my computer by accident. pleese can u help me, the teacher si going to eat me
Cannibalism is fun to watch. Would you mind having us come to class and watch it happen? I can bring a camcorder and we could tape it for posterity. This is probably your only chance to be famous. I doubt you'll get another chance at fifteen minutes.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Great idea Virgil, I'll bring popcorn.

beer good
02-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Cannibalism is fun to watch.
Absolutely, but is it more popular than Dickens?

Virgil
02-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Absolutely, but is it more popular than Dickens?
To watch this lazy student squirm and scream, crying that it truely was deleted by the computer, being quartered and roasted? Yeah that might be more fun than Dickens. :lol:

TodHackett
02-26-2006, 03:44 PM
...you cannot conquer time!

Education is NOT about learning where to steal other people's work.

Well, in some senses it is, XC, but not in this particular case. I have never--not once-- stolen anything I wrote for school. But I often steal things I write for other purposes. But then, you know that already...

Having said that, let me say that my computer (actually my PDA) "ate" the first seven pages of on the best papers I wrote in grad school. I was working my night job, and the thing died at 6AM that Saturday and I lost about 8 hours worth of work.

So, when I got home, I re-typed it from memory... got about three pages down, but those three were WAY better than the seven had been. And, because I'd PLANNED and BUDGETTED my time, I still had three days to get the other twenty-two pages done. I did it with time to spare.

Let it be a lesson to you. And believe me, PD, we've ALL been there! Just deal as best you can...

TodHackett
02-26-2006, 03:46 PM
To watch this lazy student squirm and scream, crying that it truely was deleted by the computer, being quartered and roasted? Yeah that might be more fun than Dickens. :lol:

Gawd, you people are RUTHLESS!!!

Remind me never to come to you when I'm USCTP.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 03:50 PM

The last one I saw definitely was! But he was boiled. Such fun watching his skin redden and blister as the water heated up.

beer good
02-26-2006, 04:05 PM
It's good to hear that teachers have the time to cook students properly these days. Nuking them in the microwave for five minutes just isn't the same.

Petrarch's Love
02-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh dear, the lit net people have turned cannibalistic in their wrath against cribvirgins. :lol: Like Tod, I must say I can sympathize with accidental paper deletions. I accidently delated ten pages of the first paper I wrote for a graduate level class (I was an undergrad at the time, though) one day before it was due in (was able to recover about five of them through much effort but lost the last five for ever and never could understand why :confused: ). I pulled an all day/all nighter getting it all together again, which was horrendous.:eek: It turned out to be the paper that successfully got me into grad school though, so I guess it was worth the effort. :) So I can sympathize if your story is true Patrick, but that is absolutely no excuse for resorting to cheating and plagiarism. These are never viable options.

ClaesGefvenberg
02-26-2006, 04:10 PM
I have to go with the concensus here, PD.

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt: Maybe the computer really did digest your work... I don't know. Still, the very worst thing we could do to you would be to "help you" by providing you with someone elses work. We can help you to help yourself, though:

As already suggested, you can probably whip something together in a hurry if you have done it once before. If not, you can probably do it anyway. Assuming your deadline is tomorrow morning, you will not get much sleep tonight, but it can be done. Next time, you will probably start out a bit sooner, won't you? If so, you will have learned a most valuable lesson.

If you're worried about your teacher chewing a piece of your Glutteus Maximus off tomorrow, let me tell you this: That is the least of your worries. This is school remember? Later in life, an employer may be even less inclined to accept failed deadlines. Learn your lesson now.

As for lessons. A free hint, to prevent losing data: I know of no word processor prg that does not have an auto save function. Use it. Set it to save your work every five minutes or so, in a designated folder, not the one the original sits in (I do, and it has saved my valuable bottom more than once).

/Claes

Virgil
02-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh dear, the lit net people have turned cannibalistic in their wrath against cribvirgins. :lol: Like Tod, I must say I can sympathize with accidental paper deletions. I accidently delated ten pages of the first paper I wrote for a graduate level class (I was an undergrad at the time, though) one day before it was due in (was able to recover about five of them through much effort but lost the last five for ever and never could understand why :confused: ). I pulled an all day/all nighter getting it all together again, which was horrendous.:eek: It turned out to be the paper that successfully got me into grad school though, so I guess it was worth the effort. :) So I can sympathize if your story is true Patrick, but that is absolutely no excuse for resorting to cheating and plagiarism. These are never viable options.
In my day, we had to type on a typewriter our papers. Thank God those days are gone. The excuse of choice back then was that the dog got a hold of the paper and shredded it, or better yet ate it. Now I guess you could just reprint the paper. A question to you younger students: Is that dog excuse still out there or have computers changed excuse making? Computer deletion sounds like the new vogue/urban legend.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 05:41 PM
My dog ate my mouse maybe? :lol:

1sweetkate
02-26-2006, 05:49 PM
I am so sorry about your computer problems...as a computer geek; I am having a hard time believing that the computer ate your homework..let that be a lesson to back up/save what you are writing...

But even if I were inclined to help you plagiarize the hard work of others, which I am not, I wouldn't be able to help you as I positively LOATH "Great Expectations". It is one of my least favorite works. However, I do like Dickens but not "Great Expectations". I cannot fathom why I was required to read such drivel in school when Dickens wrote so many other marvelous things. So bottom line boyo, it just sucks to be you. Good luck and drink lots of caffeine.

**I don't think eating/cooking him is such a good thing..he probably tastes funny anyway :)**

Petrarch's Love
02-26-2006, 06:49 PM
In my day, we had to type on a typewriter our papers. Thank God those days are gone. The excuse of choice back then was that the dog got a hold of the paper and shredded it, or better yet ate it. Now I guess you could just reprint the paper. A question to you younger students: Is that dog excuse still out there or have computers changed excuse making? Computer deletion sounds like the new vogue/urban legend.

The old "dog ate it" excuse is still proverbial but, as you say, wouldn't cut it as an excuse in the computer age. Computer deletation has in fact taken over as an excuse. As I said, I know from personal experience that it can actually happen (I had been working on my paper for weeks and saving everything etc. but there was some strange anomoly--friend thought it was connected to a power surge or something?--I'm so techno aliterate--that really did eat my paper). All the same, I think it is pretty darn rare for this to actually occur. I would be pretty sceptical of any student of mine coming into class with this excuse and she/he would go through the third degree convincing me that he/she had actually done the research and thinking on the paper.

rachel
02-27-2006, 07:40 PM
omg pleese pleese pleese can someone send me a really good essay on "What makes charles dicken's great expectations so popular to people even today?" really soon.....(dead line and all that) It would be really helpful...cheers :D

I have to agree that well you may not have done your homework. But I am not your judge and I don't know your life.
If you go on google and then 'dickens'+why relevant today' and then click on to Penguin fact sheets that will probably help you dear.
And I would stay away from academics that are guys and over thirty. They take too literally the 'it's a jungle out there" thing.
good luck to you. :D

Riesa
02-27-2006, 07:42 PM
You know, the dog has eaten some homework around here. 'tis true.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Somebody help me!!! My homework just ate my dog!!!! :eek2:

RobinHood3000
02-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Somebody help me!!! My homework just ate my dog!!!! :eek2:
~sigh~ Again with the macrocellular biology projects, Xamonas? Haven't you ever seen The Little Shop Of Horrors??

beer good
02-27-2006, 08:18 PM
And I would stay away from academics that are guys and over thirty.
Hey! I resemble that remark! :mad:

Our dog actually ate my brother's braces at one point. I think she thought she was doing him a favour, he hated those things. The dentist had a hard time believing it, though.

rachel
02-27-2006, 08:34 PM
mmhmm,
I WAS talking about all you lovely gentlemen who I thought were sweet and loving and generous and kind and charitable. Although from reading all your posts I am now confused who is the kid in trouble from the troublesome kids who waste neurons posting these little bites of fun!(not you darling Riesa,)I am going to take a tylenol and lie down.

Stismet
02-27-2006, 09:41 PM
"I am so sorry about your computer problems...as a computer geek; I am having a hard time believing that the computer ate your homework..let that be a lesson to back up/save what you are writing..."

I actually had this disastrous computer week in which I wrote five essays, contracted a virus with the research, had to have my father reformat the hard drive, and lost three and a half of the essays (I'd had hard copies of that much) for which I'd worked my derriere off. It was loads of fun. Fortunately, I'm still in high school and I have a fairly decent reputation, so I was able to explain the situation to my English teacher and negotiate a different solution.

All hail the understanding.

Enough of my sob story, back to cannibalism...!

Virgil
02-27-2006, 09:45 PM
"I am so sorry about your computer problems...as a computer geek; I am having a hard time believing that the computer ate your homework..let that be a lesson to back up/save what you are writing..."

I actually had this disastrous computer week in which I wrote five essays, contracted a virus with the research, had to have my father reformat the hard drive, and lost three and a half of the essays (I'd had hard copies of that much) for which I'd worked my derriere off. It was loads of fun. Fortunately, I'm still in high school and I have a fairly decent reputation, so I was able to explain the situation to my English teacher and negotiate a different solution.

All hail the understanding.

Enough of my sob story, back to cannibalism...!
:lol: :lol:

You're pretty sharp for a high school kid. High schooler negotiating. My, my. When you graduate I want you on my team to negotiate prices with my contractors.