PDA

View Full Version : Hey..um...Dr.J + Mr.H help PLEASE!xx

xInneedx
02-26-2006, 10:49 AM
OI!!! ANYONE OUT THERE! hi i need help with Dr J Mr H badly! please write a comment if u read this! i need to find some quotes about how stevenson describes settin in the carew murder case chapt 4! i wuv u if u can help!xxx

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 10:52 AM
I can tell you where to find the quotes you need - read the book! Particularly chapter 4.

This is a forum for discussion of literature; not a free help service for lazy students.

xInneedx
02-26-2006, 11:38 AM
well don't worry about it! i found some stuff..i was just askin for a little help! >.< u dont know anything!
so dnt worry ive done it all know so u get stuffed! >,<

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 12:04 PM
That's correct. I know nothing at all. I am a complete ignoramus. I will take your advice and find a taxidermist immediately.

xInneedx
02-26-2006, 12:29 PM
lol =P well im sorry if i offended you. hmm...i know ur goin to think that im a lazy student, and that i should be doin this myself but i was wondering...umm.. well i have to wrie a bit about the sturcture inwhich stevenson wrote the bok and i was wondering if u could help me...ive wrote this:
Throughout the book there are several narrators; Enfield, Utterson, Lanyon and Dr. Jekyll himself. I think that Stevenson did this in order to show the different opinions of the main characters.
Also by using different narrators he is building up the suspense, by them telling different parts of the story at a time we are getting a greater view of whom Hyde is, because in the Victorian times when the book was first published they did not know when reading the book that Dr. Jekyll and Hyde are one in the same. So Stevenson had to be very creative in his writing by giving clues but never actually reviling the truth until the chapter of “ Henry Jekyll’s Full Statement.” Placing tell tale signs that Hyde and Jekyll are the same,

And well i dont know that to write...i cant actually find any but i know they're there...its just really hard wen u already knew wen u started readin it that hyde and jekyll are one in the same >.<

xInneedx
02-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Nevermind people ive done it...its really badly done but oh well n_n

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm sure your teachers will appreciate the fact that you have done the work yourself far more than how good a piece of work someone else could do for you. You may not think so, but I have taught in the past and that is exactly the position of every teacher I've ever met.

TodHackett
02-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Nevermind people ive done it...its really badly done but oh well n_n

In Russia they say: "Pervuy blin, oozhasnuy!" Roughly translated? "The first crepe is awful!" Meaning? You can't start writing good papers until you've finished writing bad ones.

So, congratulations on being one step closer to being a good writer. That is, after all, why you're in school!

Best of luck-- and if you want one piece of advice regarding Jekyll and Hyde, pay attention to ratios in the book. Especially 1/10th, or 10%.

TodHackett
02-26-2006, 03:54 PM
xInneedx--

Dig your Avatar, BTW.

xInneedx
03-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks x
and thanks for the encouraging note x
I like your signature x

pan_is_dead
03-04-2006, 09:36 AM
It's really badly done?