PDA

View Full Version : What kind of pet do you have?

sdr4jc
02-24-2006, 04:44 PM
I'll start, I have two cats (one is a bobtail), a dog, a 75 gal fish tank, and two snakes (used to have four).

AimusSage
02-24-2006, 06:00 PM
3 cats, a dog, 2 guinea pigs, 3 rabbits, and a 112 cubic ltr. fishtank. In a month or so, my sister will take the guinea pigs and rabbits, as she moves into her new home.

Petrarch's Love
02-25-2006, 12:06 AM
One adorable bird--a green cheeked conure (green bird the size of a cockatiel) named Spenser.

The Unnamable
02-25-2006, 01:22 AM
I have no pets. I don’t believe humans have the right to impose their wills on dumb creatures. That’s why I got divorced. If I did get a pet, it would have to be something practical – like a chicken. Then, when I got bored with looking after it, I could kill it and serve it up in a nice sweet and sour sauce.

Virgil
02-25-2006, 01:37 AM
I have a Labrador Retriever. I think there is a picture of the two of us, she trying to kiss me, in the photo album thread.

Unnamable - :lol: I could picture you with a chicken.

IrishCanadian
02-25-2006, 02:26 AM
I have no pets. I don’t believe humans have the right to impose their wills on dumb creatures. That’s why I got divorced. If I did get a pet, it would have to be something practical – like a chicken. Then, when I got bored with looking after it, I could kill it and serve it up in a nice sweet and sour sauce.
WOW -- I can't stop laughing!

I have a cat... he is the most highstrung animal in the world ... my previous cat was very kind. But this one gets stressed to esaily.
Unnamable, I am beginning to think you have it figured out.

chef
02-25-2006, 02:31 AM
i have 3 dogs a Labrador Retriever, a French Poodle mini toy jiji, and an undifined we don't know what he is

Chava
02-25-2006, 02:59 AM
I had two cats, but one of them died recently. He was by distinction the most doglike cat i've seen in my life... in anycase, after his death we found out that he had been going over to the nerighbouring familly for food and sleep when ever he got fed up with us, and they say that whenever they got angry with him, he would go over to our place, where we would let him in, and croon over his beauty... haha, what a complete traitor. when he died he had two families in tears.

Basil
02-25-2006, 04:20 AM
I have no pets. I don’t believe humans have the right to impose their wills on dumb creatures. That’s why I got divorced.
More humane, I suppose, than having her put to sleep.

The Unnamable
02-25-2006, 05:07 AM
Unnamable - :lol: I could picture you with a chicken.

I’ve never owned a chicken but it you want to see the only pet I’ve ever owned, click the link:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/stonemewhatalife/Cedric.jpg

The Unnamable
02-25-2006, 05:09 AM
More humane, I suppose, than having her put to sleep.
‘Put to sleep’ is a euphemism but then so is ‘divorce’ in this case. :brow:

Pensive
02-25-2006, 06:20 AM
I have no pets.

sdr4jc
02-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Unnamable! Oh my gosh! Sweet and sour sauce!!!! Holy crap!!

sdr4jc
02-25-2006, 12:34 PM
I had two cats, but one of them died recently. He was by distinction the most doglike cat i've seen in my life... in anycase, after his death we found out that he had been going over to the nerighbouring familly for food and sleep when ever he got fed up with us, and they say that whenever they got angry with him, he would go over to our place, where we would let him in, and croon over his beauty... haha, what a complete traitor. when he died he had two families in tears.

Smart cat. I knew I liked cats!

rachel
02-25-2006, 11:07 PM
I had a cat we rescued from a neighbor that was moving. He always kicked it so we took him and hid him in our house til the man moved away. We called him pretty boy and he loved me so much if I even went to the store he would run along side of me and then wait on this side of the highway until I came across again. I would take a can of cat food out of the back and show him , then pretty boy would run so fast all the way home and wait on the door step for me to get there and give it to him. Imiss him a lot.
now I have baby hasia, she bites and scratches and runs to the high chair when I show her her dinner. not much difference except she can hug and ram her head into my leg over and over when she is angry.

IrishCanadian
02-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Thats cute. My first cat used to follow me and my siblings to school like that when we were little. I like cats ... most of them.

simon
02-26-2006, 03:06 AM
One goldfish: two days. Second goldfish: five days. Current goldfish: none.

RobinHood3000
02-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Alas, I am cursed with pets--no pet has ever survived longer than 24 hours in my care. And they were all fish. My first goldfish died because my mother put it in water straight from the tap...the poor thing asphyxiated. I then brought home two guppies from summer camp, and the first one died when its soda bottle was left in the sun. Knowing better than to try and care for the other one, I gave it to my best friend. Within two days, it gave birth to four.

steve12553
02-26-2006, 11:24 AM
I've had cats but currently have 3 dogs. I had a Shih Tzu for nearly 17 years. He overlapped 2 marriages and live in both of the houses I've owned. When we finally lost him to old age we were not ready for a new pet. After six weeks his ashes were returned to us in a dogbone shaped tin and my wife felt she was ready for a new dog. We found a Border Collie rescue and adopted him. Two months later the wife and youngest daughter brought home a Toy Fox Terrier rescue. Last year for Valentine's Day she gave me a Shih Tzu puppy. I'm hoping that's it for a while.

rachel
02-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Steve,
you remind me of my brother Nelson and his wife. they live on a ranch somewhere between two major cities in Alberta.
According to him people callously drop their dogs and cats on the highway and leave them to fend for themselves. They rescued if I remember correctly twenty three dogs, many huge, and about sixty cats.
As they get money they have them fixed and try to find homes for them.
Once I asked him what he would like for Christmas and he replied" Oh about two hundred pounds of Gravy Train. (dog food you add water to.)

sdr4jc
02-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Guys I had 8 Pirhanna's for about a year. They ate little goldfish and stuff--it was a masacre every time! I gave them all back to the petstore though because all they do is hide! Every time I looked in the tank, it looked completely empty. I don't care how "cool" the fish is, if I can't see him, then I have nothing for it. I have scars on my knuckles from bagging them to give them back! They certainly make for good conversation starters. Now, I have an Oscar, a Leporinus, a Clown Knife and a blue zebra. Cichlids make wonderful pets!