PDA

View Full Version : Listen & read the (holy Qur'an)

(Nora)
02-04-2006, 01:26 AM
( None has the right to be worshipped but Allah )

http://www.ks20.com/up/2-4-2006/1377816111.jpg

Surat Al-Ikhlas or At-Tauhid
( The Purity ) CXll

Listen (Surat Al-Ikhlas) (http://quran.islamway.com/shatry/112.ram)

The meaning is :

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

1. say ( O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم ) : " He is Allah , (the) One .
2 . Allah-us-Samad ( السيد الذي يصمد إليه في الحاجات ) [ Allah __ the Self – Sufficient Master , Whom all creatures need, ( He neither eats nor drinks ) ].
3. He begets not , nor was He begotten .
4. And there is none co-equal or comparable to him .''

http://www.3e6r.net/data/media/103/Animation2.gif

Surat Az-Zalzalah
( The Earthquake ) XCIX

Listen (Surat Az-Zalzalah) (http://quran.islamway.com/shatry/099.ram)

The meaning is :

1. When the earth is shaken with its (final) earthquake.
2. And when the earth throws out its burdens .
3. And man will say :" What is the matter with it ?"
4. That Day it will declare its information ( about all that happened over it of good or evil ).
5. Because your Lord will inspire it .
6. That Day mankind will proceed in scattered groups that they may be shown their deeds .
7. So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom ( or a small ant ) shall see it .
8. And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom ( or a small ant ) shall see it .

anybody has question about Surat ( Al-Ikhlas- Az-Zalzalah) ask me

Amra
02-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Assalamu aleikum

I love sura Al-Zalzalaq. It is one of my favorite ones. Anyway, my favorite Qur'an reciter is Mishary Rashid. I listen to him all the time. He can be found on this website: www.ummet.at, then klick on Qur'an, and on his name. You can listen to the whole Qur'an there.

caspian
02-04-2006, 06:32 PM
i think the best Guran reciter is Saad al Gamidi, his "Yasin" is so well.

Shield&Sword
02-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Assalamo alaikom
BISM ALLAH ARRAHMAN ARRAHEEM

The best recieters for me are:
ABD ALBASET ABD ASSAMAD was one of the 5 most beutiful recieters, died 1986 as i remember, the most famous recieter in islamic world ( when he was in south africa nearlly 100 person entered islam coz of his voice, and in India the political woman Andera Ghandy sat with ppl listening to his voice).
Muhammad Seddiq Almanshawi, died in 1969( is known with his soft and sweet voice, he make u cry, When he was in Indonisia nearlly 250000 gathered in Masjid and street to listen to his voice and all crying).
, his father was recieter and his brother still alive and reciete, they all have same voice but different mode of recieting, his father wasnt beutiful in microphone, was alot beutiful in nature, some ppl with beutifull faces lose alot of thier beuty in pictures.
Abo Ale'enen Sho'aishe', still alive he is in 80's now, the last man from the golden age (alot entered islam coz of his voice).
Hashem Heba, wasnt famous i dont know y, but he got so beutifull voice, when he reciete surat Meryem make u cry alone, died long time ago.
Mustafa Ismae'l, was one of the 5 most famous and beutiful, his mode of recieting is so beutiful and his mode is the base of alot of new recieters now adays. The one who his mode is like that , is called Madrasah , mean school.
And there alot others, they all are egyption, may ALLAH gather us all in paradise with all his prophets.
Insha ALLAH i will bring links for u for these recieters.

Alhamdo LILLAH, thank ALLAH
Assalamo Alaikom

caspian
02-05-2006, 05:32 PM
:) salam. thanks a lot for nice information. what about Saad Al gamidi? do you know anything about him?
when I’ve heard his "yasin" for the first time i didn't know even his name. for long time I used to go to stores and had to listen to all reciters trying to find out his name and get his tapes at the same time,. and finally a year ago in Cairo in a big mall while was doing shopping heard his reciting from next store and got them. i personally like just his reciting. sorry :) ;)

Shield&Sword
02-06-2006, 01:05 AM
Assalamo alaikom
BISM ALLAH ARRAHMAN ARRAHEEM

U welcome , unfortunatly all reciters i pasted above r died, i think at least 15 years ago, and now adays u find ppl who resite like them, called Moqalledoon, but as u know, the original r the best. I forget to paste the name of a reciter called Muahammad Refa'at he died in 1950's i think. He is considered the best voice have ever read Holy Quran in last 100 years, when he was young , ppl were stop in street listening to his voice, and some of them go in coma coz of his beutiful voice, he was known that when he read he gave ppl an image of the subject that aya talk about, for example if it talk about hell his voice recite it suitable for it. Even in past the british radio used his recites in radio in uk to attract arabs listeners there. And there is story of man from canada that came from there to egypt after he heared voice of Muhammad and then he became muslim. Unfortunatly the methods of registrations in years 30's 40's wasnt so good as u all know, so his voice wasnt registered well.
Sa'ad Alghamidy is so good also, i like his voice, i have a video for him, its interview made with him, i know that he studied at university, and he memorized Holy Quran while he was in univerity in 5 years, if u want truth i didnt watch all interview, some times i download things toghether and dont watcht them all.

Alhamdo LILLAH
Assalamo alaikom

(Nora)
02-06-2006, 04:13 AM
Peace

how are you all ?

Listen (Surat Ya-Sin) (http://quran.islamway.com/saad/036.ram)
( saad al-gamidi )

The meaning is :

1. Ya-Sin
[These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an , and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings ].

2. By the Qur'an , full of wisdom (i.e.full of laws , evidences , and proofs ),

3. Truly , you ( O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم ) are one of the Messengers ,

4. On a Straight Path (i.e. on Allah's religion of Islamic Monotheism ).

5. ( This is a Revelation) sent down by the All-Mighty , the Most merciful ,

6. In order that you may warn a people whose forefathers were not warned , so they are heedless .

7. Indeed , the word ( of punishment ) has proved true against most of them , so they will not believe .

8. Verily , we have put on their necks iron collars reaching to the chins , so that their heads are raised up .

9. And We have put a barrier before them , and a barrier behind them , and We have covered them up , so that they cannot see.

10. It is the same to them whether you warn them or you warn them not , they will not believe .

11. You can only warn him who follows the Reminder ( the Qur'an ) , and fears the Most Gracious ( Allah) unseen . Bear you to such one the glad tidings of forgiveness , and a generous reward (i.e. Paradise ).

12. Verily , We give life to the dead , and We record that which they send before (them ), and their traces and all things We have recorded with numbers ( as a record ) in a Clear Book .

13.And put forward to them a similitude:the ( story of the ) dwellers of the town , [ it is said that the town was Antioch ( Antakiiya ) ], when there came Messengers to them .

14.Whan We sent to them two Messengers , they denied them both ; so We
reinforced them with a third , and they said :" Verily , we have been sent to you as Messengers ."

15.They ( people of the town ) said :" You are only human beings like ourselvs , and the Most Gracious ( Allah ) has revealed nothing . You are only telling lies ."

16. The Messengers said :" Our Lord knows that we have been sent as Messengers to you,

17. " And our duty is only to convey plainly ( the Message )."

18. They (people) said :" for us , we see an evil omen from you : if you cease not , we will surely stone you m and a painful torment will touch you from us ."

19. They ( Messengers ) said:" Your evil omens be with you ! ( Do you call it " evil omen" ) because you are admonished ? Nay , but toy are a people Musrifun ( transgressing all bounds by committing all kinds of geat sins, and by disobeying Allah ).

20. And there came a man running from the farthest part of the town . He said :" O my people! Obey the Messengers .

21. " Obey those who ask no wages of you ( for themselves) , and who are rightly guided .

22. " And why should I not worship Him ( Allah Alone ) Who has created me and to Whom you shall be returned.

23. " Shall I take besides Him alihah ( gods) ? If the Most Gracious ( Allah ) intends me any harm , their intercession will be of no use for me whatsoever , nor can they save me ?

24. " Then verily , I should be in plain error .

25. " Verily , I have believed in your Lord , so listen to me !"

26. It was said ( to him when the disbelievers killed hin ) : " Enter Paradise ." He said :" Would that my people know

27. " that my Lord ( Allah ) has forgiven me , and made me of the honoured ones !"

28. And We sent not against his people after him a host from the heaven , nor was it needful for Us to sent ( such a thing ) .

29. It was but one Saihah ( shout ) and lo! they ( all ) were still ( silent, dead , destroyed ) .

30. Alas for mankind ! There never came a Messenger to them but they used to mock at him .

31. Do they not see how many of the generations We have destroyed before them ? Verily , they will not return to them .

32. And surely , all__everyone of them will be brought before Us .

33. And a sign for them is the dead land . We give it life , and We bring forth from it grains , so that they eat thereof .

34. And We have made therein gardens of date-palms and grapes , and We caused springs of water to gush forth therein .

35.So that they may eat of the fruit thereof _ and their hands made it not . Will they not , then , give thanks ?

36. Glorified is He Who has created all the pairs of that which the earth produces , as well as of their own ( human ) kind ( male and female ) , and of that which they know not .

37. And a sign for them is the night . We withdraw therefrom the day , and behold , they are in darkness .

38. And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term ( appointed ) . That is the Decree of the All-Mighty , the All-knowing .

39. And the moon M We have measured for it mansions ( to traverse ) till it returns like the old , dried , curved date stalk .

40. It is not for the sun to overtake the moon , nor does the night outstrip the day . They all float , each in an orbit .

41. and an ayah ( sign ) for them is that We carried their offspring in the laden ship [of Nuh ( Noah ) ] .

42. and We have created for them of the like thereunto , on which they ride .

43.And if We will , We shall drown them , and there will be no shout ( or helper ) for them ( to hear their cry for help ) , nor will they be saved .

44. Unless it be a mercy from Us , and as an enjoyment for a while .

45. And when it is said to them :" fear of that which is before you ( worldly torments ), and that which is behind you ( torments in the Hereafter ), in order that you may receive Mercy (i.e. if you believe in Allah's religion - Islamic Monotheism , and avoid polytheism , and opey Allah with righteous deeds )."

46.And never came an Ayah from among the Ayat ( proofs , evidences , verses , lessons , signs , revelations , etc .) of their Lord to them , but they did turn away from it .

47. And when it is said to them :" Spend of that with which Allah has provided you ,"
those who disbelieve say to those believe : " Shall we feed those whom , if Allah willed , He ( Himself ) would have fed ? You are only in a plain error ."

48. And they say :" When will this promise (i.e. Resurrection ) be fulfilled , if you are truthful ?"

49. They await only but a single Saihah ( shout ) which will seize them while they are disputing !

50. Then they will not be able to make bequest , nor will they return to their family .

51.And the Trumpet will be blown (i.e. the second blowing ) and behold from the graves they will come out quickly to their Lord .

52. They will say:" Woe to us ! Who has raised us up from our place sleep ." ( It will be said to them ) :" This is what the Most Gracious ( Allah ) had promised , amd the Messengers spoke truth !"

53. It will be but a single Saihah ( shout ) , so behold they will all be brought up before Us !

54. This Day ( Day of Resurrection ) , none will be wronged in anything , nor will you be requited anything except that which you used to do .

55. Verily , the dwellers of Paradise , that Day , will be busy with joyful things .

56. Thay and their wives will be in pleasant shade , reclining on thrones .

(Nora)
02-06-2006, 04:14 AM
57. They will have therein fruits ( of all kinds ) and all that they ask for .

58. ( It will be said to them ) : Salam ( peace be on you ) _ a Word from the Lord ( Allah ) , Most Merciful .

59. ( it will be said ) : " And O you Mujrimun ( criminals , polytheists , sinners , disbelievers in the Islamic Monotheism , wicked evil ones)! Get you apart this Day ( from the believers).

60. Did I not command you , O children of Adam , that you should not worship Shaitan
( Satan ) . Verily , he is a plain enemy to you .

61. And that you should worship Me [Alone __ Islamic Monotheism , and set up not rivals , associate-gods with Me ]. That is a Straight Path .

62. And indeed he ( satan ) did lead astray a great multitude of you , Did you not , then , understand ?

63. This is Hell which you were promised !

64. Burn therein this Day , for that you used to disbelieve .

65. This day , we shall seal up their mouths , and their hands will speak to Us , and their legs will bear witness to what they used to earn ( It is said that one's left thigh will be the first to bear the witness ).[tafsir At-Tabari,]

66. And if it had been Our Will , We would surely have wiped out ( blinded ) their eyes , so that they would struggle for the Payh , how then would they see ?

67. And if it had been Our Will , We could have transformed them ( into animals or lifeless objects ) in the places . then they would have been unable to go forward ( move about ) nor they could have turned back.

68. And he whom we grant long life __ We reverse him in creation ( weakness after strength ). Will they not then understand ?

69. And We have not taught him ( Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم ) poetry , nor is it suitable for him . This is only a Reminder and a plain Qur'an .

70. That he or it ( Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم or the Qur'am ) may give warning to him who is living ( a healthy minded __ the believer ) , and that Word ( charge ) may be justified against the disbelievers ( dead , as they reject the warnings ).

71. Do they not see that we have created for them of what Our hands have created the cattle , so that they are their owners .

72. And We have subdued them to them so that some of them they have for riding and some they eat .

73. And they have ( other ) benefits from them , and they get ( milk ) to drink . Willl they not then be grateful ?

74. And they have taken besides Allah alihah ( gods) , hoping that they might be helped ( by those so-called gods ) .

75. They connot help them , but they will be brought forward as a troop against those who worshipped them ( at the time of Reckoning ) .

76. So let not their speech , then , grieve you ( O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم ). Verily , We know what they conceal and what they reveal .

77. Does not man see that We have created him Nutfah ( mixed male and female sexual discharge __semen drops ) . Yet behold he ( stands forth )as an open opponent .

78. And he puts forth for Us a parable , and forgets his own creation . He says : " Who will give life to these bones after they are rotten and have become dust ?"

79. Say: ( O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم ) " He will give life to them Who created them for the first time ! And He is All-Knower of every creation !"

80. He Who produces for you fire out of the green tree , when behold you kindly therewith .

81. Is not He Who created the heavens and the earth , able to create the like of them ? Yes . indeed ! He is the All-Knowing Supreme Creator .

82. Verily, His Command , when He intends a thing , is only that he says to it , "Be!" ___and it is !

83. so glorified is He and exalted above all that they associate with Him , and in Whose Hand is the dominioin of all things : and to Him you shall be returned .

Scheherazade
02-06-2006, 03:05 PM
The Religious Texts section of the Forum is for the discussion of such texts and a place for us all to learn from each other. Unless they are part of an on-going discussion, please avoid simply cutting and pasting (and please state your source if you do borrow material from other sites).

Thank you!

Theshizznigg
02-07-2006, 01:33 AM
I've always been fascinated by the Moslem culture, ever since I was a boy, I've had a sheer fondness for both Islamic architecture, (I've mispelt :mad: )
and Jewish.
I love the idea of a house surrounding the courtyard, so one can sit in the shade near the fountian, and enjoy the sweet smells of the garden.
I can't say I know much of Moslem culture accept for what I have been able to learn from western studies, I'm going to get a Koran when I have the chance, because I consider it a fundamental part of islamic culture, and a better basis for understanding Islam.
I am a born again Christian, though I do not consider people for their religions, and would love to learn more about middle-eastern culture.
Anything you can send, I appreaciate.
Shizz

Amra
02-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Peace to you. Here is the link of the holy Qur'an so you can read it online, and it has a nice index so you can find things that interest you most.

http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/HolKora.html

Theshizznigg
02-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Thank you so much.

miss tenderness
02-09-2006, 10:15 PM
salam alikum
nice discusson mu favorite recitor is Al Agmi the Saudi recitor i also like Saad AlGhamdi.
regards
:yawnb:

falling*moon
02-21-2006, 04:37 PM
hello,

i had a small english copy of the Quran..a gift i had for my birthday.. and i loved it SO much..! but i did not know how to read it..

my family has Muslem neighbours, but i never heard them read Quran in that way..

does it differ according to those who read .. ?

thanx

Amra
02-24-2006, 08:39 PM
falling moon,

I am not really sure I understand your question. Can you clarify it a little bit?

falling*moon
02-26-2006, 12:31 PM
hello
sorry am late as usual,

is there one way to read the Quran ? or it differs according to people you mentioned here in the thread ?

Amra
02-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from Urwa ibn az-Zubayr that Abd ar-Rahman ibn Abd al-Qari said that he had heard Umar ibn al-Khattab say, "I heard Hisham ibn Hakim ibn Hizam reciting Surat al-Furqan (Sura 25) differently from me, and it was the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who had recited it to me. I was about to rush up to him but I granted him a respite until he had finished his prayer. Then I grabbed him by his cloak and took him to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, 'Messenger of Allah, I heard this man reciting Surat al-Furqan differently from the way you recited it to me.' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Let him go.' Then he said, 'Recite, Hisham,' and Hisham recited as I had heard him recite. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'It was sent down like that.' Then he said to me, 'Recite' and I recited the sura, and he said, 'It was sent down like that. This Qur'an was sent down in seven (different) ways, so recite from it whatever is easy for you .' "

There are seven different ways to recite the Qur'an. It is written the same way, but the recitation differes slightly depending on the arabic dialect that the person speaks. However, we like certain recitors simply because of the nice voice they have or the modesty they show when reciting the Qur'an, and not because they recite it in a specific dialect.

Theshizznigg
03-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Is it true that young men are forced to memorize the Quran, otherwise they are beaten in most Islamic countries?

Just for my Clarification.

"He is a station on the Cross now, he is dying to save us all."
Holy War - Thin Lizzy

Amra
03-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Is it true that young men are forced to memorize the Quran, otherwise they are beaten in most Islamic countries?

First of all, there are no Islamic countries, there are only muslim countries. Islamic countries would be those that have shariah law implemented, and there is no such country in the world today. If there are people being beaten for not memorizing the holy Qur'an, than that would have nothing to do with Islam. HOwever, I have never heard something like this. Do you have any references that can be checked out? It is a great honor to memorize the holy Qur'an, and people who do that are called hafiz (the keeper/protector of the Qur'an), and are promised great rewards for that. Everyone that I know who is a hafiz has become one by choice, and because of the love they have for the Word of God. :nod:

Amra
03-16-2006, 09:42 AM
I would suggest another recitor: Sudais, the imam in Mecca.

miss tenderness
03-19-2006, 01:51 PM
i love Sudais recitation,it's amazing

infact all recitations of the Holy Quran are amazing coz it's not in the sound it's in the words that carry a profound meanings.

LailahaillaAllah..

myself
03-21-2006, 05:15 PM
i am one person who alhamdulliah has managed to learn the whole quran by heart ( me, my sis, my 2 brothers) and i muct say it feels really good. I like listening to saad alghamidi most of all because his vioce is so soft and maked me want to leav every thing and listen just to him.

miss tenderness
03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
happy for u sis,hope that for me in the coming days if Allah wills..

myself
03-26-2006, 01:14 PM
so u nearly finished the quran as well? gd luk with that!!!!

Theshizznigg
03-27-2006, 02:16 PM
I remember it was schools in Pakistan, Afghanistan, or other small Moslem countries which enforced this rule of strict memorixation of the Q'uran.
This was often the only education that the men were ever given.

I may be wrong, but I remember the details at least.

Amra
03-27-2006, 11:07 PM
I may be wrong, but I remember the details at least. \

I think you are wrong.