PDA

View Full Version : Lysistrata

mingdamerciless
02-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Hiya. I've got a drama exam coming up and ive chosen to perform an extract from Lysistrata. love the play but i just can't work out which part to do. It needs to be about 20-30 mins long and have even parts for 2 female and 1 male characters. I was thinking of act 2 scene 1 but im jst not sure. If anyone who knows the play has any good ideas, that would be incredible. byee for now.

bluevictim
03-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Well, I'm sure this is too late to be of any help for your exam, but my favorite scene in Lysistrata is the oath swearing (181 ff); it never fails to get a chuckle out of me. It's a great comedy.

mingdamerciless
05-17-2006, 07:28 AM
oh well thanks anyway, I've only just seen your answer. lol i had my exam on friday actually. in the end we did the part when the women are trying to get out of the acropolis by making excuses and then the scene between Myhrinne and Cinesias. Methinks it went ok, but will just have to wait and see . . . thanks anyhoo

mono
05-17-2006, 11:30 AM
oh well thanks anyway, I've only just seen your answer. lol i had my exam on friday actually. in the end we did the part when the women are trying to get out of the acropolis by making excuses and then the scene between Myhrinne and Cinesias. Methinks it went ok, but will just have to wait and see . . . thanks anyhoo
Nice choice for a scene, mingdamerciless. ;)
I apologize that I seemed a little unavailable on the forum for some time, when you posted this thread, as I would have loved to have helped. If I would have chosen any, however, I probably would have highly agreed with your chosen scene. Well done! :nod:

mingdamerciless
05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
lol thanks, lets just hope the examiner thought so too. thanks for the thought anyway. If i ever happen to be selecting a scene again i'll be sure to call on you.

Becks
08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Definteley a great choice, such a funny scene in the play. Classic. I also love the oath swearing scene... "I will not assume the lion-on-a-cheese-grater position" :D

kelby_lake
08-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I didn't really find the play funny at all.