PDA

View Full Version : A Literary Game to Know you

Ranoo
01-30-2006, 09:28 AM
:thumbs_up Hello everybody ,

How are doing today ? wish everything is OKAY with you. Games always add some fun . Am I right ?

I have lots of sinces* here to describe the purpose of the game

1-Since all of the members in this great website are interested in literature in all its genres(novel, drama ,or poetry)
2- Since some members have not written anything in their personal profile
3-since I, and other members, as I believe :confused: ,wish to know each other more
4-since each one of us has many favorite (characters, and literary quotes)
5-And since some prefer to keep themselves in mysterious :cool: atmosphere, and don't love to talk about themselves.
I created this game.
Rules of The Game:
1- choose a literary character that you can say (this character is me).In case ,you believe that there is no one character can resemble you :rage: ,choose a number :cool: :nod: :cool: :brow: of characters that your personality might be composed of.
2-choose a literary quote that can tell us about you or the best quote(s) that describe you to us .
3- If you have any more suggestions,which can add more life or fun to this literary game , by all means you are the most welcome ;) -

Are you ready to play this game ?
Let's get started
By the way I'll send mine very soon :santasmil I wish you liked it .

Thanks !

RobinHood3000
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
1. Well, I've always liked Rhett Butler as a sort of romanticized version of the kind of person I want to be. Charming, possessing a keen knowledge of human nature, and utterly blunt and unpretentious.

2. Hmm...I'll have to get back to you on that one.

Pendragon
01-31-2006, 09:29 AM
1.) Sherlock Holmes, but with a touch of Batman's slightly tormented sense of justice.

2.) "I never guess, it's a shocking habit!"

This is more of how I wish I was than how I am I fear... :nod:

Eva Marina
01-31-2006, 04:15 PM
1) Hmm...I'd like to think that I'm a bit like the narrator from The Historian and Huck from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, although neither of them fit to a 'T'.
2) "The first and greatest victory is to conquer yourself; to be conquered by yourself is of all things most shameful and vile."- Plato

Ranoo
02-03-2006, 04:55 AM
hi all,
It is nice to hear from you Pendragon and Eva Marina,

1- I am a combination of Daisy ,miss Julie ,Isabel Archer, Hedda Gabbler, Hilde , Jo, miss Marble and Hercule Poirot.

3-The best quotation that can describe my thoughts is "you can fool all of the people some of the time;you can fool some of the people all of the time ;but you can't fool all of the people all of the time"
Abraham Lincon

Thanks ! :banana:

Weeping Willow
02-03-2006, 06:36 AM
Wow,,, this is a nice game. but i really have to think about it...
hmmmm ...brrrr hard one... i'll to get back to ya on it :D...

Ranoo
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
thank you . :banana: ........I'll be witing to hear yours............ :santasmil

mir
06-06-2006, 09:31 PM
didn't see this for a really long while . . . but great game!

1. i'm not going to give a character that best describes me, because it's the first day of summer vacation and i don't want to think; but i do have a story. The Mysterious Stranger, by Mark Twain.

2. "I beleive i have mistaken you for a banana". -it isn't a quote, but beleive me, someday i'm going to write a story where it is.

3. three should be any other thing you want to say about yourself, that doesn't necessarily have to pertain to literature.

rabid reader
06-06-2006, 09:57 PM
-Belgarth from the Eddings Series. I say him because I myself am quite a storyteller and all my friends consider me a history freak! Always get 95+ in those classes.

-Nick Carraway The Great Gatsby I am a young socailist looking for a young strong woman. I am also a panzy that means I always witness and never participate.

sofia82
05-11-2008, 02:38 AM
It is an interesting game ... but it is more difficult than writing about onself. by the way,

1- the first character comes into my mind is Lily Briscoe in To the Lighthouse, (Albeit PERHAPS) :D

2- "If gold will rust, what shall iron do?"
-- Chaucer

3- Those who cannot handle this game, it's better to go and complete their profile.

---------------------
As everyday my mood and attitudes change, tomorrow these will not be the typical character and quotes for me!;)

Dr. Hill
11-21-2008, 12:26 AM
1) Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment (minus the axe murdering) and Basil from Dorian Gray (disgruntled artist)

2) "For oft when on my couch I lie
In Vacant or in Pensive mood"

andave_ya
11-24-2008, 08:51 PM
1) raskolnikov from crime and punishment (minus the axe murdering) and basil from dorian gray (disgruntled artist)

nice.

kelby_lake
11-25-2008, 01:29 PM
1) Laura Wingfield (but maybe a bit of Tom too, and more jolly :) )
2) If you can't stand the thought of messing up your perfect soul, you'd better give up and become a saint, because you'll never make it as a human being.

Cunninglinguist
05-12-2010, 02:05 AM
1. The cat in the hat
2. "Move over, you're fat." -Peter Griffin