PDA

View Full Version : What is the image you have of...?

Pages : [1] 2

adilyoussef
01-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Hi dear fellows. Here is a new game for you. What you have to do is to pick up any forum member and describe him or her according to the image you held of him or her in your imagination. You can use the avatar or the way he or she posts, or what you know of him or her. Take it as a fun and be creative. Enjoy yourselves.

I'll start:

Pensive

Glady is a young girl of the east. She is like a bird flying aroung the forum from thread to thread posting beautiful things here and there. Never tired, she flies faster than the wind. Pensive is so sweet that the forum is dull without her.

Pendragon
01-25-2006, 10:31 AM
The image I have of fellow poet and friend

adilyoussef

Here is a young man wise beyond his years, always courteous, well-manered. He endeavors to always put a positive spin on life regardless of the hand of cards fate might deal him. A faithful follower of his faith, he has respect for others and would put others before himself. I salute you, mon ami. :nod:

adilyoussef
01-25-2006, 02:54 PM
The image I have of my friend Pendragon.

Pendragon

A fellow poet with great imagination, Pen, a friend of mine always fasinating me with beautiful poetry, is an enjoyable fellow to talk to. He writes with imagination and his poetry always catch my attention from the first beginning. His face, I know not how it looks like; his appearance, I have no idea; but his spirit, just have a look at his posts and you'll get an answer.

Nightshade
01-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Well lets see, who shall I start with
Adil I think
Adil is a sort Maroon thin Blob with streaks of blue and yellow , grey patches But lots of brown. A wise colour.

(Well you did ask about How I think of people didn't you)
:D

Weeping Willow
01-25-2006, 04:09 PM
Cool.... well i know who i'm writing.. :D

Rachel

Rachel is simply An Angel On Earth!... :p
She is not tall.. and has a long and beautiful blond hair.
she has little marks on her back from where her wings used to be no one know of this off course...
She is the light in our hearts, the Warm of our souls! she is our hope and joy! :D..
All i have to say is I love you Rach'! :D
:wave:

adilyoussef
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Great I like it.

Nightshade is a beautiful young lady who like this forum a lot and enjoy herself here. She looks like Monaliza but she is very funny. Always giving us fun and making me smile. Lady of smilies is her name.

papayahed
01-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Night

I picture night as a jet setter, flying of to Egypt at a moments notice. Night wears white sunglasses and a scarf and a smile.

RobinHood3000
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Rachel

Hmm...blushing and aflutter, gushing with flattery. She's sweet, but I don't really have an image of her, just an obscure form among the branches of the great oak in Sherwood.

Wait--perhaps...tall, lanky...bare-footed, because she gave her shoes to the shoeless...legs dangling over a branch, and a ever-present smile on her face as she revels in the sunlight filtering through the branches.

RobinHood3000
01-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Samercury

A little green sidekick, planet-hopping with her bow and quiver. She's charming, silly on occasion, but always well-meaning and eager to discuss just about anything.

papayahed
01-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Robin

Lives in a treehouse that does not have a ladder, he has a system of vines and branchs that helps him to come and go. The treehouse is full of pies and cakes from the neighborhood, kind of like a store house where he stores the goods stolen from the rich waiting to be given to the poor.

RobinHood3000
01-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Hmm. Now I'm tempted to get a Tarzan avatar. :p Thanks, papayahed.

adilyoussef
01-25-2006, 04:53 PM
papayahed

A good fellow sitting under a papaya tree is the image I always have in mind whenever I here the name of papayahed. Contemplating the empty sky with eyes full of hope, he is always there in the same place I gave him in my memory.

rachel
01-25-2006, 04:57 PM
Wow a new gushy thread. I can see some losing their lunch over this thread but I care not a fig.

Weeping:
My brother my friend, beautiful soulful eyes and a passion for life and great food.
A gourmet mushroom lover, he lives in a beautiful green mushroom with pictures of Spain all over the walls, done by the masters of old.
Weeping's soul flies across the earth each night while others sleep, always in search of someone new to know and learn from, he blesses everyone he meets.

rachel
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Adil,
He is a child safe under my wings, he is a man opening the door for anyone, putting himself last.
He is a thought, noble and beautiful that floats thru the world leaving a breathtaking perfume that heals those it touches.
He is a flame of hope for our future.

rachel
01-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Robinhood,

M'Lord is a mask and a cloak that shrouds a knight of the highest order. He has a magic mouth and that which he utters stops demons in their tracks. His eyes are a flame of truth and beauty that terrorize the dark of heart and turn them back from their evil quest.
M'Lord is a wanderer ever in search of new shapes that he might shift and make better than they were before.
M'Lord is a mist and no matter how I run to grasp his hand it floats away and I am left standing in the quiet with tears in my eyes.

RobinHood3000
01-25-2006, 05:04 PM
papayahed

A good fellow sitting under a papaya tree is the image I always have in mind whenever I here the name of papayahed. Contemplating the empty sky with eyes full of hope, he is always there in the same place I gave him in my memory.
Incidentally, papayahed's a lady. And rachel is far too kind :blush:.

adilyoussef
01-25-2006, 05:16 PM
rachel

Trying to give an image of rachel I was impotent to do so because beauty speeks of itself. Better than she is a real angel, I found non to describe her. So I write this poem for her.

Once I was down in a dark narrow passage leading nowhere
I was lost, frightned and sick
There coming from nowhere I saw a light leading to where
My heart found rest, peace and grace
A hand pulled me from the deepness of darkness and here
I write my gratitude to the person that my soul saved
A poet, no I'm not but just a fellow expressing his gratitude
To a woman, a mother, a friend, to an angel that loved
People for what they are and really cared
And who cared before but my beloved, my friends that I loved
And those who were here but are gone forever
Here I'm writing to put in value who has no value
For her value is more than verses of poetry I wrote

With much love and gratitude to my friend rachel.

Weeping Willow
01-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Beautiful Adil.. and every word is true.... Rach' i bow before you!

adilyoussef
01-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Incidentally, papayahed's a lady. And rachel is far too kind :blush:.

Oh sorry, I always thought the other way. How fool I'm.

adilyoussef
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
samercury

Is an inteligent young lady who is really addicted to this forum. Always saying hi whenever she logs in and posts wonderful posts. The image I have of her is the one of a beautiful manga character. I thing she likes mangas.

papayahed
01-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Oh sorry, I always thought the other way. How fool I'm.

No big deal, may have something to do with my first avatar of Charlie Brown.

Virgil

I picture Virgil in a tie with sleeves rolled up sitting at a desk surrounded by T squares and calculators all the while having a drawer overflowing of great literary works.

Weeping Willow
01-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Sorry i'm feeling writish today.. who knows why... :goof:

Virgil

The king was surrounded by papers.. they were every where.. the Computer biped again as another E-mail arrived, probably more work he thought to himself.
The phone rang but he could not reach it since a huge pile of files stood in the way.
The cellular rang too as the tune of the simpsons filled the air.
The king Smiled and relaxed. He layed his head back, closed his eyes and taped his fingues twice.
As he opened them again he smiled and looked at his office that was now sparkling and quiet, all you could hear was the tune of The simpsones flowting in the air.
After all he was the King.

Virgil
01-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Virgil

I picture Virgil in a tie with sleeves rolled up sitting at a desk surrounded by T squares and calculators all the while having a drawer overflowing of great literary works.

Virgil

The king was surrounded by papers.. they were every where.. the Computer biped again as another E-mail arrived, probably more work he thought to himself.
The phone rang but he could not reach it since a huge pile of files stood in the way.
The cellular rang too as the tune of the simpsons filled the air.
The king Smiled and relaxed. He layed his head back, closed his eyes and taped his fingues twice.
As he opened them again he smiled and looked at his office that was now sparkling and quiet, all you could hear was the tune of The simpsones flowting in the air.
After all he was the King.

LOL!! :lol: :lol: I'm certainly not a king. It's only this year that I got my own office to myself. But other than that you're both fairly acurrate. I don't have T-squares (we draw with computers now, and I haven't done that for a number of years), but I've got calculators and I do keep a messy desk, and it does get hectic because my boss this year has me managing two major projects. When I had just one, I always felt in complete control, but with two I feel like I don't know what to do next.

Oh, and I do keep volumes of poetry hidden in my desk. The other engineers just wouldn't understand.

RobinHood3000
01-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Virgil

The lycanthrope with the upturned tie. 'Nuff said. :p

Virgil
01-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Adil - What a great idea for a thread. Over time I'll probably get to reflecting on everyone, but I must start with....

Rachel

I've described Rachel at times elsewhere, but let me recap. I always imagine her as a Madonna, complete with a halo. A mother's mother; intense, energetic, always thinking of how to help, compassionate, caring, intuitive (she's very good at guessing names), her drive is to make the world better. I'm not even sure how old she is, but she's infinitely wise. She's the type of person you want on your side in an argument. Otherwise you're going to lose. Ask Star. I picture her with dark hair and happy eyes. Something like this:

http://www.medjugormag.com/IMAGES/madonna%20painting.jpg

rachel
01-25-2006, 09:43 PM
The Blessed Mother is perfect, always was perfect. I have made a groove of the road I travel to go to confession.

Virgil is a creek, not shallow because he does not divulge the depths of himself. Not bottomless because that is black and scarey and foreboding and Virgil's heart calls to us to come and partake of that which he is willing to share. He meanders gently along and takes a little soil from this beautiful person , depositing foreign beautiful soil in it's place to enrich that one, and moves on and does the same over and over and over. He is cool to the touch and revives those that have wilted under the scorching sun of reproach or illness or lonliness or sorrow.
And as he gathers speed to approach and meld into the gigantic pristine mountain lake he is awed by the wonder of it and the new vistas and horizons. He hungrily partakes and then once more passes that which he has learned all over again.

IrishCanadian
01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Beautiful and mysterious with the quite knowledge that makes scholars cry. Tall and mystical with azure prominence over all. Admin is the compassionate law enforcer that feels such joy in gaurding her childeren, such euphoria, such wonder in the presence of her glory. The place where nature, law and love meet in harmony.

rachel
01-26-2006, 02:05 AM
That is beautiful Irish, but Admin is a he.

Samercury is a water sprite tiny and able to hide inside flowers. She flits over hill and dale laughing her tiny tinkling laugh like icesicles in a breeze and refreshment and peace follow her wherever she goes. She lives in an enchanted garden where no one but a few chosen accompany her. To be allowed into her abode is like catching a falling star, never to be forgotten.

rachel
01-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Night is a bouquet of crystal prisms, tied together with a strand of fresh water pearls.
When placed in the light she is a rainbow of wisdom and laughter, of honesty and new thoughts and ideas.
No penguins can hurt this little bouquet, in fact any penguin coming near begins to sing her praises and she beams upon them soft shades of the rainbow and they are glad.

RobinHood3000
01-26-2006, 06:58 AM
Hmm. I always pictured Admin as the God image from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Pensive
01-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Adil, Someone who is a good friend, wonderful poet who writes beautiful works of poetry.

Jay, A very nice girl with whom I love to play WAG.

Kaltrina, She is someone who gives me very good advice.

Virgil, He gives so much good compliments that makes me blush.

Night, Lady of smilies

Scheherzade, Very knowledgeable, love to read books buta little bossy. (hey, don't mind. Sometimes it does not hurt to be bossy)

Starrwriter, I guess that I have learned a lot from him.

Logos, She is a good girl who has told me about some very good websites.

Mono, Someone who is very helping and caring and I miss him.

Pendragon
01-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Rachel Is the Daughter of the Lion of Judah, always tender of heart, gentle of speech, and with a heart as big as the world is wide.

Sam (She won't mind my shorthand) is a little pixie, mischevious, and full of life, always concerned about my health

Williow I pick on about 'shrooms, but he doesn't mind. He takes it all in stride. He is a great guy.

Robin The Archer has a lot of fun inside a serious side that peeks through from time to time.

SmilingTearz Eva is so tenderhearted that I call her the Daughter of the Rainbow. She tries to smile through every tear. Sunshine through rain creates a rainbow, so she makes a rainbow day out of each day. You are never forgotten little one.

Night is my friend with the ready smile, whom I can always trust to somehow make me laugh when I am feeling low. She was my first contact by live chat, and continues to chat with me on a regular basis.

Scher and I battle over poetry on the Another Creative Game Post, but she's a friendly sort, and I don't mind .

Kaltrina Is a little brown fairy who needs to look in that mirror and see herself as the rest of us see her-- a fair young lady with a pretty smile, confident and ready to take on the world!

Themis Has changed her atvar, but will always be the blue fairy playing the flute to me, making music from the heart.

Emily Gets my vote for Poster With the Most Tact. She can turn the most vicious argument with just a few carefully chosen words into a peaceful discussion. Wow!

Talsin Is a good sport who takes my jokes in stride and can pay me back in my own coin! Here's to Estonia!

rachel
01-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Scher is a great stone castle that sits near the edge of a tall cliff that in turn overlooks the sea. By day her doors are open to those who are curious and willing to roam her many rooms to learn and grow. By night she is a shelter to those who are bruised and weary. Once in a while though, on a bright and calm day she turns everyone out of doors and her majestic tall doors swing shut and lock. No one can come inside then for she basks in the quiet and humms a private tune that noone hears or understands except the books , the tea kettle, the bread and butter and the great pot of jam that waits for her in the fridge.

Pendragon is a little boy with dreams as high as heaven and as wide as the ocean. He has a great steamer trunk in the corner of his room. Now and then he opens it and takes out a costume-now a world famous sleuth, now St. Georges helm and hauberk for he has a great many dragons to attend to.
Sometimes he can be seen in his long striped night gown bending his knees in prayer beside his little bed, tears spilling down his cheeks as he whispers name after name of those he cares for. He has an angel standing beside him who strokes his head and prays at the same time for him.

Riesa is an Amazon from the tribe of Superwoman, though no mortal knows it. She can diminish her appearance at will and be simply a beautiful woman. By day she watches over her loved ones, works the land, attends to the creatures that inhabit her world. Her family, her little ones lack no good thing and her heart of love bathes them at night and tucks them all into their beds. And it is then when they are dreaming their own sweet dreams that she assumes her natural shape, taller than tall and stately and unearthly beautiful. she vanishes thru the wall and walks by moonlight across the grassy land and then to the treed mountain. Standing there she whispers ancient words of the Tu'atha and low from the heavens comes galloping a wondrous black steed with blue eyes. He lands upon the earth and comes to her and they exchange words of love and admiration for one another. She leaps upon his back and he, taller than tall buildings takes her into faerie land where they gallop free and unhindered until night for mortals has ended. Then he gently deposits her back upon the earth and goes skyward once more. She comes back thru the walls, assumes her mortal shape and refreshed and happy prepares the morning meal. Only the birds and the golden sun know her secret and they smile.

Taliesin
01-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Scher is a witch on her broomstick, only stopping to drop a few words about the book club and stopping others smashing each others' heads into a pulp, fuctioning as a part-time angel of peace. At other times she just flys over the wide hills, plains, mountains, rivers, forests and marshes of the forum, her wig catching the wind.

Basil is a trickster, storyteller and a genius loci of the Literature forum. Alway slightly shapeshifting and telling stories so that one can never be sure of his real essence,but can only feel that it is witty, benevolent and always-present. And also with little exhibitionistic tendencies. But as all the authors of this forum have this quality, this can easily be forgiven.

RobinHood3000
01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
Riesa is an Amazon from the tribe of Superwoman, though no mortal knows it.
Don't you mean Wonder Woman? :p

Weeping Willow
01-26-2006, 06:45 PM
Keltic Banshee

Sometimes i think Keltic is My Soulmate. The sister i never had.. the friend i want to call just because.. she is indeed a Banshee.. never to be seen or heard.. just a glimpse here a glimpse there. as if i hallucinate.. yet every time i see her.. a warm feeling of Happieness takes over me :D.
This one is for you my Friend -

James Blunt - High

"Will you be my shoulder when I'm grey and older?
Promise me tomorrow starts with you,
Getting high; running wild among all the stars above"

Virgil
01-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Let me do Night tonight.

Nightshade

At first I thought she was a flighty little girl spreading "smiles". But then she rebuked someone in one of the religious threads for insulting other religions and she did it with firmness and charm simultaneously, as if she had delivered salt and sugar at the same time. My, I thought, what interpersonal skills. She's got the makings of a world class diplomat. And then I saw in some of her posts how intelligent (a lover of Keats' poetry) she was, and in others how fun and outgoing she was. What a ball we all had trying to guess Robin's age, and she was the one who started the fun. And then she showed us a picture of her eyes, and they just seemed so compassionate. Caring eyes, a mother's eyes. What a complex young lady she is.

Here's an image of what she might look like:
http://www.guide2womenleaders.com/womeninpower/fotos/Muslim7.jpg

rachel
01-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Don't you mean Wonder Woman? :p

I know wonder woman was, but I always preferred superwoman only not her background so I made up my own M'Lord, and hey it's my fantasy!!! :lol:

RobinHood3000
01-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Haha, fair enough, milady.

rachel
01-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Noah is a country woman, sturdy and strong standing with her feet planted firmly on the soil she loves, one hand shading her face as she gazes into the setting sunlight.
She is a gentle soul and words from her lips fall as a rain of rose petals. Her compassion is strong and sure like a three strand rope thrown to a man overboard.
Her beauty is forever because it will not fade since it permeates every cell in her body.

Emily is a Middle ages Alternative Faerie, beautiful and noble, silver with blue punked hair. Her eyes are pools of light and kindness, strength and her forehead is like flint when she comes across someone that brings a dark cloud to rain on others.
She can be found at an outdoor cafe, wings tucked in reading a good book, sipping a mortal's drink and if people passing her by are struck with amazement she merely smiles the tiniest Faerie smile and goes on reading. Across from her at the tiny table sit her cats also reading their favorite books, sipping catnip tea and eating treats. None have to say a word for their souls commune while their minds read.

Kilted Exile is a loch, the water dark and moody, strength blended with thoughtfulness.The tall sheer walls of granite spiking up into the rare atmosphere ring with happy laughterthat seems to come forth from its own self whenever a daring boat comes carefully thru. But those on board are not quite sure what the laughter means so they hurry along while the laughter gets merrier.
And from somewhere under the rippling waters can be heard the very dim low sounds of a scottish ditty followed by the splash of a long long tale.After a terrifying moment of strange silence up pops a couple of cans of beer.

Miss Darcy
01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Hmm...for starters:

Jay - a water nymph whose eternal tears do not stop her from being very caring to others, or even having a sense of humour.

Scher - I think of her as something between Queen of the Night (if you're familiar with Mozart then strike out her unamiable qualities ;) all I mean is her dignity and Queen-of-the-Nightishness) and Cheese Hazard. Maybe "very special teacher" would be a good trio of words to describe her.

Rachel - mature, thoughtful, kind, and caring (excuse the tautology)...I always picture her as a tidy housewife as well, don't know where that came from!

shortysweetp - a wonderful mother who is also intelligent and witty. Sweet peas grow in her garden. My image of her remains a lovely young lady in her wedding dress...as I saw her once, long ago in the Lit Network Photoalbum.

Night - bright and colourful, never ceasing to smile or to give other people reason to smile or even laugh. She is like a shepherd, mother, and good madonna of the Smilies. Not to mention the fact she is a lady with multicoloured hair that can be changed at will.

:)

Pensive
01-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Rachel, Caring and loving, full of advices.

Miss Darcy, Riding in the horse and Mr. Darcy chasing her. She is quick and is riding the horse very fast.

Taliesin, Jumping up and down with excitement because he is going to get a sighned copy of Harry Potter 7 (name unannounced yet)

Shortysweetp, A beautiful woman with a beautiful girl holding with her one hand and in her other hand a banner containing these words: "Stop The Women Violence"

Miss Darcy
01-26-2006, 10:19 PM
And Pensive is -
an infinite blue sky, with a single, beautiful blue bird flying through it in search of the sky's heart. She encompasses wisdom, thoughtfulness and pensivity!

BTW, I'm so glad you don't have an image of me as a schoolteacher wearing a black mini-skirt. Because others have had that picture...(I'm not a teacher - yet - and I don't wear mini-skirts!)

rachel
01-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Miss Darcy wears a red silk dress and has a trunk with the names of a hundred countries on it in stickers. She is known wherever she goes and even in shoe stores the clerks fall over themselves and ask for her autograph even if they don't know what she is famous for. She is music to the birds and they love her and follow her wherever she goes.She is beautiful.

Pensive is really a superhero bird, she is actually a tiny hummingbird of gold with diamonds for eyes. By day she drinks nectar and graces the gardens of the elderly who eagerly watch for her with still childlike eyes. By night she dons her feathers of blue and speeds to wherever another little bird is in distress. With one flap of her tiny wings she brings justice and peace to birdland and all the little birds sing her praises.

Digital is an explorer of both the artic and the antartica. He has an honorary key to the country and each city of Penguinland and he single handedly wrote up their declaration and designed their flag. They wanted him to be president by being the genius he is he also is preparing to run for president of the world and has many calls upon him. He has a special phone shaped like a penguin upon which the greatest minds of the world, mainly from this forum phone to get his advice.

Jay is a blonde blue eyed goddess who lives in an ice palace in the sky. whenever she comes down to earth she receives her visitors and holds court only on trains for she is a child of a train god. She weeps for all those who have never known the joy of riding on a train, sleeping on a train, eating on a train. She even has a train in her heaven country made entirely from ice and it is pale blue. The only person that has been invited to ride on that ice train was Admin but he was busy.

Virgil
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Riesa

My impression of Riesa is that she's the smartest person in all of Lit Net. Alas, she's shy, so she doesn't mix it up with the cerebral pugilists, but like a good mother she sets all our chaos into harmony with just a just a smart, precise word. She's the best haiku player around and I see she enjoys all the games. She's regal, has natural nobilty, and is considerate of all temperments, including my arrogant one. She reminds me of the girl in the Clapton song, "Wonderful Tonight," a beautiful lady who everyone adores. She is a super hero of sorts. Three children, donkeys, dogs, cleans the house, cooks, and has time for lit net. How does she do it? And Lord knows where she lives, a farm? Must be. I imagine her to live on some remote mountain in New Mexico, worshiping the outdoors, writing poetry, and pining away of her days in New York. But totally happy.

This could be her:

http://www.shop4fancydress.com/images/adults/hire/deluxe_lady_mariam_insert.jpg

Nightshade
01-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Ok who's next in my describe everyone as colors theme.
Humm RobinHood3000 I think:D
Robin is a spikey ball florecent green looks 3D or made of that wierd soft coushy plastic stuff. But the middle of the ball is like a marble with swirly constantly changing swirl of colours.
:D

rachel
01-28-2006, 07:02 PM
gorgeous Night. And I agree with you about Riesa Virgil.

Logos is an archeologist----of words. She keeps all her tools immaculate and carefully assembled in her brain and hands and unearths in minutes what others take years to find. She sits in a tower that overlooks the city and drinks in the atmosphere, has a cup of steaming coffee and her favorite dessert by moonlight in the absolute quiet and then with a contented sigh goes back to her dig. Joy is hers and fulfillment.

Stanislav is a teddy bear made of mohair in dark grey with smoky blue eyes. He wears a pirate's earring in his left ear and a felt pirate's hat rakishly over one of his beautiful eyes.
He wears a little belt with a nifty foil sword and when his owner puts him back on the shelf at night after a hard day's playing in the nursery 'Surly Stan' as the other dolls and stuffed toys call him waits until he hears everyone in the house call goodnight to one another and then all falls silent. When he is sure all are asleep he takes out his little sword and starts harrassing and poking all the Barbie dolls and pink teddy's. They scold him and say they will make sure he gets into trouble. 'Oh yah who are ye gonna tell with yer plastic and felt mouths that humans can't understand eh?" he says with a wink and carries on all night freaking out the toys in the nursery.
In the light of day the children come back in and always wonder how on earth the toys have fallen all over and why the Barbie dolls' hair is tangled and messed up .
they can't tell them and Surly Stan laughs inside his mohair self and counts the minutes until it is bedtime again.

Pensive
01-29-2006, 04:40 AM
Riesa, She is caring, loving and welcoming. Whenever I read about Razia Sultana from my history book, Riesa comes into my mind. In Urdu "Riesa" means a rich woman. Razia Sultana was strong, powerful and rich. (rich also means rich in manners, ethics and education)

adilyoussef
01-30-2006, 11:08 AM
mono

Lately, when brosing this forum, I came across a post posted by mono. Then the image that I usually have in mind about this dear fellow came to my mind. He is like an actor performing in a play. The background is but a tree on which mono sits. We are the spectators. In fact, hi is the one watching us from his place, always with us but usually unseen.

Riesa
01-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Pensive:
At first, I thought her name was Pensieve from Harry Potter, and somehow it's crafted my image of her from the beginning.

Lithe of body, a young girl clothed in silks sits crossed legged on a tufted pillow. Graceful bare feet are adorned with tinkling bells. Her laugh lilts as she summons her bird to her slender finger. The room she sits in alone, has alabaster walls 20 feet high. It's a round room with windows on all sides, draped in sheer hyacinth blue silk curtains. There is no glass in these windows, they are open to the elements. The curving windows behind her are full of stars, and the ones in front of her let in a jasmine breeze and sunlight. The room is full of dappled light, her hair is raven black, ornately arranged, twisted with gold, silver and rubies. Her youth distracts until you look into her beautiful ancient eyes and see the gentleness and wisdom there. She is like a Child Buddha, privy to nature's secrets, communing with the wind, sea and stars. She has an intellect and capacity for wonder that surpasses all who approach her for guidance.

Riesa
01-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Virgil
Perhaps the dearest person to me on this forum, my world has been enriched since the first post of his I read. Smart, driven, a lover of the finest life has to offer: Scotch, leather chairs, art, animals, music and poetry. :D My image of him is this: distinguished gentleman, yet always ready with hugs and a smile for his dear wife, as she provides him with sustenance. I see him dressed in tweeds, a spring in his step as he again goes off to work; where he is at once removed from and an integral part of his occupation. I see him doodling on scratch paper poems and drawings; cracking jokes when everyone else is stressed from deadlines. On the subway, he reads while young girls attempt to catch his eye; he notices, feels gratified, but ignores them completely. ;) At the corner market, the workers there all know his name, the old women can count on him to open doors or carry packages for them up a seven floor walk-up. Arrogant? Perhaps at times but he is a natural teacher, his arrogant mission is to bring deeper enjoyment to those who might have trouble seeing it for themselves, since he has already pondered many things that some of us have yet to even dream of.

Riesa
01-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Rachel

My favorite writer on the forum, her words drench my heart with poetry and beauty. She has compassion that is truly saintlike; beauty of form and action. All of her emotions are as they should be, humor that always brings laughter, never wounds. Romance, seeing the gorgeousness in love, mysticism in admiration, and has a word for it; a way of putting it that seals many a romantics doom. My image of her is up on a pedestal, a living statue of light and goodness, with many hearts admiring and reaching for her charity.
Giving to the extreme, but complete and whole in herself, so that the giving doesn't drain her. Her magical, admirable way of always creating more love in this world; unearthly in it's ability to reach us all. Washing away our vulnerabilities in peace and a shoulder to lean on, infusing us with healing and strength. Truly an amazing person, my heart is hers.

Riesa
01-30-2006, 04:37 PM
The Unnamable

The great green wizard in the Wizard of Oz, only this time there is no mere man behind the curtain, this wizard IS who he claims to be.

Riesa
01-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Xamonas Chegwé

My image of Xamonas is this: He looks like James Spader and is just as dangerous to women; a man girls run to and mothers abhor. Full of poetry, intelligence and ruthless when it comes to getting his way. He's a powerful person in whatever he undertakes, excels at sports, but prefers chess. He has a soft side, though, which comes out in his love for felines, he has one named 'ickle roseberry' that is his constant companion and is allowed to drink out of his tea cup. ;) His cleverness knows no bounds, and he delights in shocking the most prudish of us. A true asset to this forum, and one that will be sorely missed when he gets wind of something more fascinating that will claim his attentions. :cool:

RobinHood3000
01-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Not to mention humility ;).

rachel
02-01-2006, 02:28 PM
mother Theresa of Calcutta is a real heroine to me, a person who gave everything and asked nothing of life except that others would give to those in despair along side her.

BASIL'

Basil is a chameleon that lives inside an enchanted garden.No one is welcome into that garden besides him for he is the champion, the healer, the one and only mortal dear to the hearts of the trees and flowers, butterflies, dragonflies and bubbling fountains and brooks.
He has such wit that by day he tells jokes, clean as crystal water, imaginative as a rainbow sunset.
He is so funny the grass waves back and forth in sheer joy of his words, the roses laugh until tears of liquid sunlight fall down their petal soft cheeks. The trees have to hold their sides with laughter and even the weeping willows shriek with mirth and drop soft clouds of happy mist.
Everything is greener and more beautiful because Basil is there, breathing in and out and smiling with eyes of love at his very own enchanted garden.
By night when all is quiet and asleep Basil sits upon a bench, pen and paper in hand and thinks out more jokes to bring joy and healing to his beloved garden.
The moon comes out and sends beams of silver straight down into his garden so the m an in the moon can read the jokes. Basil doesn't mind sharing, after all stars need to smile and be glad too. The man in the moon chuckles as he reads and th en howls out loud.
Basil smiles at that and the night goes on as his pen flies over the paper.

Riesa- I don't know who that is that you wrote about under my name but I shall treasure those words and try hard with God's help to be just like that. And if anyone should ask why I am trying so hard I shall answer" A beautiful amazon that rides a midnight colored steed from heaven blessed me and I shall never be the same again.

Riesa
02-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Samercury:

An enchanted tapestry of woven silk and unicorn wool, always shifting and changing so you can't quite grasp it's glorious picture, and if you could you would blinded by the truth and beauty there; much like looking upon the contents of the infamous Ark of the Covenant. I imagine her as a beautiful young girl, dressed in yellow, green, blacks and browns; hiding behind glasses the most perfect eyes, luminous with wisdom and sparkling with humor. When she sings, the flowers grow stronger, the sun comes out and the mists clear from inside everyone who is lucky enough to hear her. When she plays the violin, her soul is expelled through her music. A soft voice, guiding her family on the path of honour. Strength and clarity of purpose unusual in one so young; a person who will change the world as we know it, creating peace and finding a way to bring harmony to distraught masses. :nod:

Rachel: I believe it's all true.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Riesa

Riesa has double-jointed elbows and races mushrooms. She loves the colour transparent and drinks exclusively from a chalice made of teeth. All of her 7 heads are unbearably beautiful to behold and glow with inner fire. When backed into a corner, Riesa fits perfectly, having a right-angled behind.

Her hobbies include perspicacity and building models of the soul in lego.

Not many people know, but Riesa has one of the world's largest collections of elms.

(If you think this is a little inaccurate, you should see what she wrote about me a few posts back - :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Virgil
02-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Unnamable

My arch nemisis. ;) Why do I like the fellow so? Is it because opposites attract? Is it because he argues with me like my brother? Is it because I understand the curmudgeon heart? And he is a curmudgeon, a strict disciplinarian as teacher (ready to rave at mediocrity) until a student shows a certain vulnerabilty, and then his curmudgeon heart just melts and helps the student out. He reminds me a little of T.S Eliot; dresses very respectfully; a little uptight; a sharp wit. He knows it all, knows all aspects of literature, philosophy, sociology, and has come to conclusions. Conclusions, I tell you, are what he's confident about. He has such a high level of idealism, and he sees every fault that the world displays, and so becomes discontent. And the discontent is real. The world, society, human nature, just don't reach his ideal. It tinges his personality with melancholy. That's when I want to wrap my arm around his shoulders and say, "Come on old buddy, it's not that bad. Really. It's not that bad." And so we take out some cheese and pineapple and wine (at least for me) and we'll sit down and argue about this or that.

rachel
02-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Riesa,
you are a wonderful artist with words. Publish publish, you are definitely my favorite word painter here.

The Unnameable'
When I close my eyes and think of him I think of two things:
The first is heart-torn and bleeding from caring so deeply and continually being hit in the chest by adversaries who have never really heard a word that comes from that heart. They are too absorbed by his words and angered by them.
The second thing I think of is a rollercoaster- much larger and scarier than the world's biggest now boasts itself to be. It is made of material not known to this earth and shines a most unearthly black shot thru with electric bursts of gold and dark brooding midnight blue.
People are compelled to leave the other rides for a little and inching slowly they come to the base of this monster big rollercoaster. They pause and then slowly their heads lift up and up and up and they cannot see the top for it rests above the clouds.
"What a stupid idea" someone says and the others murmurr in angry agreement.
Ridiculous, way over the top, not worth even spending a penny on" says another and again the heads bob up and down collectively.
"Well I suppose we should at least go on it so that we can speak with authority when we warn others to stay away" says a wise looking man and there are whispers and then hands move to their pockets to bring out the money. Tickets are purchased and solemnly with heads shaking in disapproval they get into position on the monster ride.
It starts slowly and in just a breath or a prayer's time begins to climb and undulate and growl with such speed that many of the riders are quite positive they have suffered heart attacks and are now in rollercoaster hell for their sins.
Shrieks of terror, moans of repentance rise to heaven and others on the tamer rides look upward and are afraid.
Finally after what seems forever the ride has ended. All is silent and then the sound of still alive bodies can be heard flopping over the side and feet trudge dizzily over to the fence.
"Just as we thought, a nightmare, worthless, hateful" they all cry.
But half an hour later under the cover of inky darkness they sneak back again. They can't help themselves and a guilty smile of pleasure creeps across their still ashen faces as they seat themselves once more.

Riesa
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Riesa

Riesa has double-jointed elbows and races mushrooms. She loves the colour transparent and drinks exclusively from a chalice made of teeth. All of her 7 heads are unbearably beautiful to behold and glow with inner fire. When backed into a corner, Riesa fits perfectly, having a right-angled behind.

Her hobbies include perspicacity and building models of the soul in lego.

Not many people know, but Riesa has one of the world's largest collections of elms.

(If you think this is a little inaccurate, you should see what she wrote about me a few posts back - :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Oh, Nobody has ever summed me up so well; thank you, Xamonas, for your image of me. It's just absolutely darling. :goof:

rachel
02-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Are you imbibing at the moment Riesa? right angled bottom? You are perfect.
That was however hilarious. Sounds like a flower child gone bad wrong wrote that.An atheistic vegetarian, muffin loving cat eating flower child. how romantic....sigh :D

Riesa
02-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Once again, I repeat, he's a clever sod. god love him. (how come there is no smiley for sticking your tongue out!?)

RobinHood3000
02-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Why, :p Riesa, :p whatever :p do :p you :p mean?

RobinHood3000
02-01-2006, 11:05 PM
Scher: Former crew-woman aboard the H.M.S. Bounty.

Riesa
02-02-2006, 12:51 AM
I mean sticking your tongue out with thumbs in your ears and fingers wiggling too, or putting your hand on your bicep with your other fist in the air .... like clouseau....do you know?

Pendragon
02-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Looking for this one, Riesa? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-030.gif

Xamonas Chegwe
02-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Rachel

Since resigning from her post as secretary general of the UN, Riesa has dropped out of the public eye. She now makes a modest living renting her dreams to psychiatrists. Rachel was traumatised by being accidentally mailed to Burma as a child and still has a terror of stamps. She is a fussy eater and spends hours picking the seeds out of strawberries.

Her hair is dyed mother-of-pearl. She has ingrowing eyebrows and a detachable tail. People think she's Italian because of her marble facade.

Rachel won't let her friends down; won't even say why she hung them up in the first place. She is kind, considerate and 407 years old (in woodlouse years).

Hobbies include growing her own denim and fog sculpture. She is a great drummer and has played with artists as diverse as Marilyn Manson.

rachel
02-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Xamona,

HOW DARE YOU READ MY DIARY.!!!(Good thing I ripped out the pages about seeing Xamonas as model at the Crossdressers convention last year. he lost because he wore two different types of silk stockings. He looked good though I must confess)

RobinHood3000
02-02-2006, 07:13 PM
~tugs on rachel's tail~

Wow, cool! It really IS detachable!

rachel
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
M'LORD!!!! ET TU BRUTE!

Well I was going to leave off the great one and only Xamonas until this thread was quite worn because I don't know him that well. Although an image that is positively one of a kind is beginning to emerge. So I shall just recall the thoughts that have come to mind and go from there.
Xamonas is an important man that other important men call when they want him to locate down in the earth an oil well that will bring untold wealth to them.
He is a perfectionist and he grills his prospective workers on the rig relentlessly. He seems to them to be an ogre and only the strongest of the strong survive his interview.
On site he stands and thinks and calculates and then like a cheetah he moves into action and everyone is galvanized into a frenzy of movement.
Xamonas has a leonine head with masses of wild straw colored hair-sort of Einstein if he was electrocuted=that sort of look. He yells and curses and even trees and flowers miles away faint from fear. Beads of sweat fall from the faces of his workers as he presses them on and on and silently they curse him..
Until the moment a rumbling can be heard beneath their feet. In seconds a tower of rich black oil spurts lavishly into a surprised blue sky and his workers finish up and then the cheering begins.
The important men who have hired him laugh and clap one another on the back and praise Xamonas. They call him wonderful and later that night they and all the workers now dressed in suits and ties raise their glasses to him, the genius who never gave in to their doubts and anger at being pushed to their limits.
"To Xamonas the wonderful" they shout "the argumentative sod we love to hate. He is the greatest"
Xamonas's place at the long table in the exclusive restaurant is empty, he has not bothered to show up.
He sits at home with his cat, reassuring her she will live on as he reaches for banana free beer. Life is good he thinks. Very good.

rachel
02-02-2006, 08:56 PM
Irish Canadian is a lily among thorns. He is clear water that has not a spot of dirt or impurity to mar it's lifegiving properties.
Because he feels so intensely this lily is often bent with sorrow or fatigue for his heart is worn out trying to please everyone but himself.
yet when he is at his lowest a faerie comes , tall and queenly, sent straight from the Faerie Queen herself who knows and loves this lily. The faerie opens a tiny locket of silver and extracts a single heart shaped diamond. this she places upon the lily who then straightens up and glows from the inside out.
The lily does not wait a minute but goes straight back out into the cold unfriendly world and pours himself out like water just as he has all the days before.
Not many notice except the gods who smile down at him and whisper to one another"he is one of us. " And each one of the gods,appointed by the ONe takes something precious from their person and places it upon lily when he is sleeping.
And he knows it not.But somehow from then on he does not droop, no not even in the scorching sun or parched ground.

RobinHood3000
02-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Sorry! Sorry!

~changing into Bill Nye, delicately reattaches rachel's tail with copious quantities of duct tape~

rachel
02-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Ouch,
that just may hurt in the mornin! But thank you from the depth of my heart.(I am so freaked out by the thought of wood louse or louses or whatever)

kilted exile
02-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Kilted Exile is a loch, the water dark and moody, strength blended with thoughtfulness.The tall sheer walls of granite spiking up into the rare atmosphere ring with happy laughterthat seems to come forth from its own self whenever a daring boat comes carefully thru. But those on board are not quite sure what the laughter means so they hurry along while the laughter gets merrier.
And from somewhere under the rippling waters can be heard the very dim low sounds of a scottish ditty followed by the splash of a long long tale.After a terrifying moment of strange silence up pops a couple of cans of beer.

hahaha, I like this. However, I am sure I am liable to get annoyed enough to probably try and sink them!

Ok, I am going to attempt to give my descriptions of some of you lot:

Scher: Sits at her desk perhaps reading a book, but continuously peering over the top of her horn-rimmed glasses at the students in her class.

Jay: Is a guy (I know you're female, but with the name Jay a guy always comes to mind) he is constantly sitting in front of the computer giggling.

Koa: Sitting reading some russian novel in a dark room, Depeche Mode are playing in the background.

Night: Just one big Smilie bouncing through a library replacing books on shelves.

Virgil: Sat at a desk, blueprints sprawled out in front of him calculator in hand, and an unfinished essay on the problems with philosophy is the open window on his computer screen.

Willow:Willow is the character from Full Metal Jacket who wore a CND pin along with his Army uniform (name escapes me currently).

Rachel: Wanders around in poor tattered clothes as she has given everything she owns away to people "who need it more"

Others will be added when I can be a) bothered & b) think of them.

IrishCanadian
02-03-2006, 02:03 AM
Rachel
She is tall and beautiful. The queen of all those that feel lonely or sad. She comes to them like a faerie and plants tiny seeds of love, sparkling little clear seeds without blemish or cloud. She helps the people in her kingdom by planting these seeds and letting them be watered by the faeries of her ancesters. She gets these seeds from the tears that she catches from heaven, tears for her people. She gives them freely and keeps little for herself.

rachel
02-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Kilted, your versions sound like the real truth. great
Irish, you made me cry.

Riesa
02-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Looking for this one, Riesa? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-030.gif
Yes!! THANK YOU!
Now If I can only figure out how to save this to my smilie collection. ;)

Xamonas Chegwe
02-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Rachel. That was uncanny. You are right on about me all but one minor point. I don't mine for oil, nasty, smelly, polluting, filthy, corrupting stuff that it is. My miners dig for Guinness. :nod:

Xamonas Chegwe
02-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Virgil

Virgil has spent half of his life in prison and the other half in a hurry. His rendition of "Under Milk Wood" in Klingon is world renowned but was not well received when first performed at his arraignment for conducting a seance while driving. He is Antarctica's most successful golfer.

Virgil's favourite bands are English anarcho-punks, "Crass" and Canadian folk-nutters, "The arrogant worms". He himself plays the bass compendium when asked. His love of poetry is only matched by his love of pyjamas, having over 600 sets in his private collection - many in the original wrappings.

He is reliable, trustworthy and will always stand by his friends (though this has led to unpleasant scenes in ladies toilets.) When pressed, Virgil will regain his shape in a few hours, possessing remarkable elasticity.

Hobbies include naming parts of his body after obscure fish and lemon balancing.

RobinHood3000
02-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Xamonas Chegwe

One has an image that is a strange composite of a golf divot, a professor with a mortarboard, a pagan (how one is supposed to picture a pagan is another debate altogether...), and most importantly, a massive green OGRE.

Riesa
02-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Is he Shrek?

RobinHood3000
02-03-2006, 04:29 PM
Great big onion--close enough for me!

rachel
02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Virgil

Virgil has spent half of his life in prison and the other half in a hurry. His rendition of "Under Milk Wood" in Klingon is world renowned but was not well received when first performed at his arraignment for conducting a seance while driving. He is Antarctica's most successful golfer.

Virgil's favourite bands are English anarcho-punks, "Crass" and Canadian folk-nutters, "The arrogant worms". He himself plays the bass compendium when asked. His love of poetry is only matched by his love of pyjamas, having over 600 sets in his private collection - many in the original wrappings.

He is reliable, trustworthy and will always stand by his friends (though this has led to unpleasant scenes in ladies toilets.) When pressed, Virgil will regain his shape in a few hours, possessing remarkable elasticity.

Hobbies include naming parts of his body after obscure fish and lemon balancing.

hahahahahahahahahah! Oh I do believe you and your men mine for Guiness, it shows. NO ONE except someone under that golden haze could ever come up with something like that in a million years. And I all along have thought of him as a Tom Hanks with more intelligence. How different we all think. :lol: :lol:

Pendragon
02-04-2006, 08:46 AM
Yes!! THANK YOU!
Now If I can only figure out how to save this to my smilie collection. ;)
You can find it at http://www.clicksmilies.com/ Look under smilie catigories large 3, I think. Anyway it's under large. And you're quite welcome. http://www.smileyville.net/mellow/mf_bluesbrother.gif

Virgil
02-04-2006, 10:48 AM
hahahahahahahahahah! Oh I do believe you and your men mine for Guiness, it shows. NO ONE except someone under that golden haze could ever come up with something like that in a million years. And I all along have thought of him as a Tom Hanks with more intelligence. How different we all think. :lol: :lol:
Are you all having fun at my expense. :D If so, glad to be of help. :nod:
Thanks Xanonas. I'm not sure I understand it, but it sounds nice.

Virgil
02-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Samercury

Same, as I call her is an amazing sixteen year old. A chameleon with her avatar and signatures, she subtly shows her moods and passions. Her daddy must think the world of her, with all her accomplishments: singing, violin, French, Latin, books, drawing, haiku and word games. I used to think when I first came to lit net that she was a sad kid, but just the opposite is true--she loves life. She goes to school, works, takes care of her younger siblings, and still has time to ask, "how are you feeling today?" And listens. Her mind must be incredilble; she thinks five or six moves ahead; I can only muster two at best. And best of all, she's a baseball fan. Lord how she got upset when the Red Sox lost Johnny Damon to the Yankees. And that's another thing we have in common: we both HATE the Yankees. Her drive, her talent, her mind, her passion, if she doesn't become a musician, she's going to be President and CEO of a major corporation if the not the whole of the USA.

rachel
02-07-2006, 11:31 PM
my image of Mono is one of such genteel sweetness and kindness it is almost not mortal. like the character of Adam in blast from the past Mon puts everyone first, is always polite and puts the needs of others first. he loves to learn and sometimes gets headaches because his passion for reading knows no limits.
He is part playwrite and artist, part florence nightingale. To be around him is like standing in a field of the most aromatic beautiful flowers one could imagine.
to know mono is to absolutely be in awe of him, to love him, to want to emulate that human kindness.

Sub is a real life porcelain doll, exquisite, every detail perfect. She is a perfectionist and has no regard for slackers in any area of her aquaintance. She has a vision and nothing will deter her.
When she loves someone it is such a deep,loyal passionate love, that it lifts the other high above the clouds and shows them wondrous things they have never seen before because they were not regarding those things thru her wide eyes.

adilyoussef
02-08-2006, 07:29 AM
Scheherazade

I don't know why, but whenever Scheherazade posts in the forum, I have that feeling of ancient times, those times of warship and farytales where beauty prevales, coming back. She always stands in my mind like a protagonist of a farytale that always ends happily. Sometimes tall, sometimes slim, sometimes with dark hair, and sometimes with another shape, she has no speciffic physical shape in my mind. Still, I'd recognize her whenever she would be for that in my thoughts she is, representing the beauty of the mind.

rachel
02-08-2006, 10:26 PM
well said dear Adil. beautiful words by a beautiful man about a beautiful woman.

The Unnamable
02-11-2006, 11:15 AM
The Unnameable'
When I close my eyes and think of him I think of two things:
The first is heart-torn and bleeding from caring so deeply and continually being hit in the chest by adversaries who have never really heard a word that comes from that heart. They are too absorbed by his words and angered by them.
As much as I enjoyed reading something about me (it’s about time we discussed something interesting), you are overestimating both me and my detractors. The reality is far more prosaic. I ask awkward questions and most wish I didn’t.

The second thing I think of is a rollercoaster- much larger and scarier than the world's biggest now boasts itself to be. It is made of material not known to this earth and shines a most unearthly black shot thru with electric bursts of gold and dark brooding midnight blue.
People are compelled to leave the other rides for a little and inching slowly they come to the base of this monster big rollercoaster. They pause and then slowly their heads lift up and up and up and they cannot see the top for it rests above the clouds.
"What a stupid idea" someone says and the others murmurr in angry agreement.
Ridiculous, way over the top, not worth even spending a penny on" says another and again the heads bob up and down collectively.
"Well I suppose we should at least go on it so that we can speak with authority when we warn others to stay away" says a wise looking man and there are whispers and then hands move to their pockets to bring out the money. Tickets are purchased and solemnly with heads shaking in disapproval they get into position on the monster ride.
It starts slowly and in just a breath or a prayer's time begins to climb and undulate and growl with such speed that many of the riders are quite positive they have suffered heart attacks and are now in rollercoaster hell for their sins.
Shrieks of terror, moans of repentance rise to heaven and others on the tamer rides look upward and are afraid.
Finally after what seems forever the ride has ended. All is silent and then the sound of still alive bodies can be heard flopping over the side and feet trudge dizzily over to the fence.
"Just as we thought, a nightmare, worthless, hateful" they all cry.
But half an hour later under the cover of inky darkness they sneak back again. They can't help themselves and a guilty smile of pleasure creeps across their still ashen faces as they seat themselves once more.
I’d quite like to believe that but I think most people are as bored by me as I am by them. Now, if I was a character in a novel considered Literature, you’d be reading gushing praise. Here’s a thought – Virgil and The Unnamable – Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy:

“Bingley was sure of being liked wherever he appeared; Darcy was continually giving offence.”

Chapter 4

RobinHood3000
02-11-2006, 03:14 PM
No wonder you two seem to get along so well--I can see the parallel.

Virgil
02-15-2006, 05:11 PM
I’d quite like to believe that but I think most people are as bored by me as I am by them. Now, if I was a character in a novel considered Literature, you’d be reading gushing praise. Here’s a thought – Virgil and The Unnamable – Mr. Bingley and Mr. Darcy:

“Bingley was sure of being liked wherever he appeared; Darcy was continually giving offence.”

Chapter 4
I just came across this. Let me just say, and it's from the heart, despite our differences and quibbles, I think very highly of Unnamable as a thinker and a person.

Ryduce
02-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Someone say something cool about me.
I know I'm relatively new to the forum,but it would be cool to hear someone say something interesting about me.

Virgil
02-15-2006, 09:30 PM
OK Ryduce. I don't know you from a hole in the wall, but I bet you're cool.

No seriously. You remind me of Ursula from D.H. Lawrence's The Rainbow. A young lady in search of knowledge and experience..

RobinHood3000
02-15-2006, 09:41 PM
RyDuce is unusually specific about his location.

Ryduce
02-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeh I'm a dude

Virgil
02-16-2006, 12:44 PM
Yeh I'm a dude
Oh my God, I'm sorry. For some reason I got the impression you were a girl.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Ryduce is inconsolably sad. This melancholia began when his favourite avatar was stolen by colobus monkeys during a trip to Ecuatorial Guinea. Although friends have pleaded with him to get over it and find a new avy, he continues to wallow in misery, claiming that it was unique and can never be replaced.

A UN negotiating party has yet to make any headway in persuading the monkeys to return it.

Ryduce, our thoughts are with you in this trying time.

Will that do, dude? ;)

Basil
02-16-2006, 05:05 PM
A UN negotiating party has yet to make any headway in persuading the monkeys to return it.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall during that negotiation:

U.N. OFFICIAL: Okay, so in return for the avatar we are willing to give you ten bushels of bananas, a special screening of King Kong, and an original Donkey Kong video arcade game. That's our final offer.

MONKEY: oo oo oo AH! AH! AH!

U.N. OFFICIAL: DAMN IT! WHY WON'T YOU MONKEYS LISTEN TO REASON??

Jay
02-16-2006, 05:18 PM
*smack*

Did you get the fly? :p

Basil
02-16-2006, 05:50 PM
U.N. OFFICIAL: Okay, we'll throw in this dead fly as well.

MONKEY: oo oo oo AH! AH! AH!

U.N. OFFICIAL: Great! It's settled then! Let us celebrate . . . garçon, a round of banana daiquiris!!

Jay
02-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Garçon: We're out of bananas, a herd of monkeys plundered us a few minutes ago.

Monkey eyes the U.N. Official: oo oo oo AH! AH! AH!

RobinHood3000
02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
Methinks I'll go hunting. Excuse me for a moment...

~starts hunting down banana thieves~

Ryduce
02-16-2006, 06:21 PM
You guys are too funny

IrishCanadian
02-17-2006, 01:58 AM
... and that was some of the most fun reading I'v done all day!

RobinHood3000
02-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Naturally, we aim to please...troupe, take a bow!

Xamonas Chegwe
02-17-2006, 12:53 PM
You guys are too funny

Sorry about that. How much less funny would you like me to be?

Glad to see you got your avatar back. ;)

Ryduce
02-17-2006, 01:51 PM
It was a most troublesome search,but in the end I prevailed.

Basil
02-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Was it encrusted with monkey feces?

Ryduce
02-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Oddly enough it was encrusted with the imprint of the face of Richard Dreyfuss.

This is shaping up to be a most unusual day.

Basil
02-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Oddly enough it was encrusted with the imprint of the face of Richard Dreyfuss.

Same thing.

rachel
02-20-2006, 04:06 PM
to get back on track:( I like Richard Dreyfus)

This is for Ryduce as I promised:

Ryduce is a time traveller and dresses in faded jeans, a black t and a long white shirt made of Egyptian cotton. He wears a backpack that can speak and breathe and they are constantly aruguing what books, phrases or autographs from favorite authors or thier works will go into the backsack.
Once after travelling back in time and getting an awesome signature from Fyodor D. who had just written the brothers Karmazov Ryduces' back pack became offended by Ryduce for telling him he smelled peculiar and perhaps it was time to invest in a new one. Bakki waited until his master was deep in thought about new uses for haiku and then quickly he threw out the new aquired piece of paper with the signature as well as sixteen others and a painting of Ryduce done by Picasso.
Ryduce fell into a faint when he was told that not only were these things not there anymore but had been burned by a troop of dancing gypsies that were gathering firewood for the night.Ryduce did the only thing he could in that moment. He sat on the road and kicked and screamed like a baby needing his nappy changed. That is until nabakov came into his view, handed him a rather questionably clean hankie and asked for Ryduce's autograph.
"What, why on earth would you want my autograph?" sniffed Ryduce using the hankie in a gingerly fashion. I am not a writer, I am only a kid..."
"Ah but I can see into the future my boy and I know you will be great, one of the greatest of your day." He handed a small book to the boy and he in turned signed it with a flourish, feeling rather better about things now.
"Er uh why did you come to me, how did you find me?"
"Oh I followed a trail of paper and was filled with curiousity as to why someone would throw away all those writers signatures. And it led me to you"
Much later when Ryduce arose from the dusty road his mind in a whirl Bakki turned to him and gave h im a withering look. "Well" he said fixing his little metal eyes upon the swollen ones of his master. "What have you to say for yourself. Obviously if it were not for my actions you would never had met so illustrious a person nor found out your future. What words do you have for me now?" Bakki gloated and puffed with pride.
"You are right and I shall pin a note to you saying as much when I throw you into the bin" said Ryduce absentmindly before making his way down the road to where he knew not.

Ryduce
02-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks Rachel,that was awesome.You get two thumbs up and a dancing banana :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :banana:

Virgil
02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Glad to see you happy, Ry. Rachel made up for my screw-up.

Samantha21
02-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Adil:::i think she is a young lady that admires the work of her felow friends. she likes to read books?? (just guessin!) and she is a wonderful rolemodel!! and is a helpful person

Pensive
02-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Adil:::i think she is a young lady that admires the work of her felow friends. she likes to read books?? (just guessin!) and she is a wonderful rolemodel!! and is a helpful person

She??? Hi Samantha, you have got quite a perfect picture of Adil but "he" is a male. :p

rachel
02-22-2006, 01:17 PM
and he is absolutely gorgeous, and that is an understatement.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Scheherazade

Scher was hatched from an egg in the Andes in the 14th century - it is not known what manner of creature laid it but rumours of a large, flightless cat are rife. Native peoples adopted the hatchling, calling her "Chuatxatocxsca-ptatl-ptatl", which roughly translates as "Sofas and chairs - half price!"; the significance of this is unknown. Her present name was given to her by Spanish settlers beguiled by her gift for never finishing a sentence.

Her prehensile, water-coloured hair and rainbow-hued freckles have brought her numerous modelling offers; but she spurns these, preferring to eke out a living by pre-chewing ice for the toothless (which she claims is a far more morally satsfying profession). She also made a large fortune in the 1950s by successfully suing soft-drink firms for using half of her name without permission.

Scheherazade has drawn many interesting conclusions, the best of which can be seen in Florence's Galleria degli Uffizi. Her hobbies include: Japanese Scrabble, miniature hang-gliding, smiling in an ambiguous manner, and metaphor-stretching. She currently lives in High-Dudgeon and has 14 half-sisters (or seven whole ones if you prefer).

rachel
02-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Jon1jt:

He is nine feet tall and only wears fubu. He is leader of a literary gang, a gansta literary gang that rides thru the streets of the city on an suv they have altered so much that other suv's shriek when they see him and his home boys coming.
the J's voice is awesome, he can sing or shout four octaves and has been known to stop jet planes and turn them around with the sheer power of his voice.
The J keeps a book with all the words that everyone that he ever listened to said.
And he raps poetic about his 'victims'. those that are sheisters , those that are liars, those that are just plain jerks, they are all within his cool vocal magic.
Once the J saw a brand spanking new high rise, in the heart of corporate down town that he wanted to buy with his kazillions, just for the sake of taking it and making it into something else so all the white collared dudes would tear their hair out. He bought it and then rapped about his victory. And it fell down.
Then he gave most of his money away to the saving of classic books and moved to a tiny island with his girlfriend. one side of the island is spotless and one side is super dirty. But I won't tell who keeps which how.

Xamonas Chegwe
02-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Rachel,

You are a priceless prize! Those are just about the most perfect words I have ever encountered on an intoxicant-heavy, Friday night in front of the monitor.

How you have the nerve to consider yourself inferior to any animate thing that has ever cast a shadow on this planet is as inexplicable as love itself.

Keep it up forever, you perfect treasure.

XC

Whifflingpin
02-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Now there, Xamonas, we can agree.

RobinHood3000
02-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Indeed, we make a band of three. Virgil, we need a fourth!

All Hail The Angel Rachel!

Pendragon
02-25-2006, 09:57 AM
You need a fourth, Robin, deal me in. Rachel is a rare gem that shines in the darkness of this world. :nod: :angel:

rachel
02-25-2006, 03:55 PM
honestly this is not so and you all must not think that. It makes my nerves bad.

In a perfect world no one would ever have to use a phone.

IrishCanadian
02-25-2006, 10:54 PM
Did you have a long night Rachel?
In a perfect world our conversations would not be dictated by threadds because we would be talking in person.
I mean ...
My image of Chegwe:
Young and emotional. Chegwe is very attractive but is entirely unaware of it because (oh shoot this is where I embarrass myself because I don't know your gender) ... because s/he is too preoccupied with the joys of living and the stresses of loving. Very well dressed, wise but doesn't care, and finally, Chegwe, you are always learning and enjoy it!
Sorry about the gender thing, I feel stupid.

chmpman
02-25-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm totally convinced Chegwe is a British gentelman. So don't prove me wrong, please.

rachel
02-25-2006, 11:18 PM
he is totally an english gentleman, a genius and much more.

Riesa
02-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Yes, Doesn't anyone read these threads from the beginning anymore?

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 08:58 AM
My image of Chegwe:
Young and emotional. Chegwe is very attractive but is entirely unaware of it because (oh shoot this is where I embarrass myself because I don't know your gender) ... because s/he is too preoccupied with the joys of living and the stresses of loving. Very well dressed, wise but doesn't care, and finally, Chegwe, you are always learning and enjoy it!
Sorry about the gender thing, I feel stupid.

'Young', 'attractive' & 'well-dressed'! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 'always learninig and enjoy it' part was spot on though. :nod:

And I'm a boy Chegwé - the female form is Chegwïas. (I just made that up, but I made up the name in the first place so...)

rachel
02-26-2006, 02:42 PM
oh and I think MR. chegwe is MORE than aware that he is beautiful :D

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Rachel,

I am afraid that even your dogged persistence and faith in my good looks can't persuade me to deny the evidence of my senses. ;)

I love you for it though.

rachel
02-26-2006, 03:33 PM
by good looks sir I mean the ALL of you and that is more beautiful than words can say.

Whifflingpin
02-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Perhaps Xamonas, you might identify yourself with these words from Henry David Thingy "The intellect is a cleaver; it discerns and rifts its way into the secret of things...My instinct tells me that my head is an organ for burrowing, as some creatures use their snout and forepaws, and with it I would mine and burrow my way through these hills."

RobinHood3000
02-26-2006, 04:41 PM
"Henry David THINGY??"

Xamonas Chegwe
02-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Come on Robin, surely you've heard of Thingy. I've got all his records. Great banjo player.

rachel
02-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Perhaps Xamonas, you might identify yourself with these words from Henry David Thingy "The intellect is a cleaver; it discerns and rifts its way into the secret of things...My instinct tells me that my head is an organ for burrowing, as some creatures use their snout and forepaws, and with it I would mine and burrow my way through these hills."

hahaha, thingy,
whiffling if you could be bottled and sold I would have no worries for eternity about taking care of my little ones out there crying for help
you are such a dear.(tell your wife to embroider that on your pillow case) :D

rachel
03-02-2006, 07:33 PM
This is my version of the Todster. Todhackett:

Tod is made of marble and lives in a penthouse in Manhatten. He got it for rent for a fraction of what it cost the previous tenant. The landlady who looks like Barbara Streisand although unfortunately sounds like Mickey Rooney, dropped the price from two thousand a month plus utilities to only a mere seven hundred and fifty, including everything.
Mrs.Fractos doesn't really think muchof renovations so when the private elevator for the penthouse quit working she rented it as it and Tod, being the practical fellow he is, grabbed it.
It is pure luxury and the only thing that could be considered a bit of a downer is the fact that Tod has to climb the fire escape from the first floor up to the eightieth each night after work.
The upside of this exertion is that Tod is totally buff and has amazing lungs, the downside of course is that he is very tired when he reaches the top and always has to spend about ten minutes collapsed on a chair in his teahouse.
A really wonderful bonus makes it all worth his while.
Because Tod has a voice like a choir of angels and perfect rock bands all mixed together he of course practices every chance he gets.All the other tenants are so enthralled with his voice as he sings and climbs ever higher, that they hand him money from their windows as he passes them by.
So very soon Todhackett will not only have the money to repair his private elevator but he in fact is purchasing the whole building as well as Byblos restaurant and hopes soon to make it hit five stars. :D

Anon22
03-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Digital is an explorer of both the artic and the antartica. He has an honorary key to the country and each city of Penguinland and he single handedly wrote up their declaration and designed their flag. They wanted him to be president by being the genius he is he also is preparing to run for president of the world and has many calls upon him. He has a special phone shaped like a penguin upon which the greatest minds of the world, mainly from this forum phone to get his advice.

Oh wow, why didn't I see this before? Thanks Rach ^_^ sorry for the delayed thanks... I really wish I saw this before...

RobinHood3000
03-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Mil: a Crusader on a high horse with a cruciform sword raised--still, he has a squirting flower on his shoulder that shows that he can be fun-loving when he wants to be.

SleepyWitch
03-27-2006, 10:26 AM
wow, your characterizations are so imaginative and full of detail...
I've "only" been on this forum for something like a year, plus things like what you folks mentioned usually escape me, but I'll give it a try. hehe, feel free to do this to me: :smash:

Scher: can be extremely witty, especially in her ironic exchanges with Jay. she must be a really good and patient teacher, because she always comes up with questions and points for fruitful discussion in the book club. she is able to see details but doesn't get lost in them. her questions are neither too trivial nor too theoretical --> she's the perfect Lit teacher :)

Xamonas Chegwe: from his posts in this thread it is clear that he's a genius... so far i haven't tried to pick a fight with him, so I haven't really got to know his "argumentative sod" side yet... somehow I'm under the impression that he's doing 1000 different things at a time but manages to juggle them gracefully and can't be bothered to get stressed out... heheh, I imagine he looks like Che Guevara, although I couldn't say why that is and he probably doesn't look like that at all. (no offense, I think Che Guevara was quite good-looking). i think he manages to explain his views in such a way that also those who are .... intelligent in a different way ;) are able to follow him

The Unnamable: he's Saul Bellow...no wait, Saul Bellow is dead.. he's an incarnation of Saul Bellow but with a 'courtly romance gone wrong' touch, trying to attain the unattainable and deliberately tripping himself over in the process. after he's tripped himself over, he looks for somebody or something to blame it on, preferrably the deplorable loss of values in modern society :confused: :D

Taliesin although he's only 17 (???) he must be at least 700 years old on the inside :) he's modest about his wisdom though

Ryduce
03-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Xamonas is terribly funny.I try to outdo him,but his wit is far more sharper than mine.

rachel
03-28-2006, 05:12 PM
you are most welcome Digi, I think the world of you.

JACKYYY

The Jackster, I shall just call him Jackyyy was made in a dark dank castle by an embittered ex runway model called Shelly. She had a face that launched a thousand ships but her guy ran around on her so much she began drinking tequila day and night and in three years resembled a huge raisen that had been left in the mud.
To avenge herself she went back to school and studied biology and a few other strange things like witchraft 101.
After graduating she took the remainder of her inheritance from her great uncle Bob and bought a castle in the perpetually misty part of the Himalayas where she got busy with silly putty, wire, surgical tubing, grapes and straw. The result was a devestatingly perfect imitation of her jiggalo Joey. He had straw colored hair that he wore long in that intoxicating Rohirran way and he was tall and slender and could rhumba like nobody's business. He had a bit of a problem with his teeth though and every now and then they would rattle together and make a jack jack eeee sort of noise which Shelly found very beautiful.
"Jackyyy" you shall be, my beautiful and perfect Jackyy.
Because the creator had fashioned her lover's knees from ball bearings and leather and stuffed the cavaties with newspaper Jackyyy learned to do fantastic tricks with them and would entertain Ms. Shelly for hours on end.
LIfe was perfect in that cold grey castle for the pair, the once gorgeous and still very swelte Miss Shelley and her perfect man Jackyyy.
Until the day she made the grave error of turning on her computer and playing music from one of the trendy sites.
Jackyyy having entered the room still bouncing large armchairs on both his knees stopped short and stared...and listened.
"Wha..what is that?" he stammered his silly putty heart beginning to pound in his fashionable body.
"Oh that, that is just a computer darling and it is playing modern music. That which we have danced to is traditional but this stuff is modern and trashy and ...I only listen to it every now and then.
Jackyyy was not listening.
He stopped juggling armchairs and went over to the yellow pages where he found information on beginners computer classes and another page on modern dance.
The last Shelly saw of her lover, the perfect clone of the first one was him hailing a taxi at the road below the castle and off he went.
She heard years later he had become a computer genius and worked to his hearts' content by day at his beloved computers.
By night he became the talk of nightclubs. He danced better than the best of them and the tricks he did with his knees made women adore him and men wish he would just go away.

jackyyyy
03-28-2006, 05:32 PM
That be 4 x Y, Dear !!!!

hehehe.... you realize, I have to return the favour...and so, this is what you do on your days off, eh! You could have written up parking tickets or recipes for the tacked up grandma hangin' off your larder door, but instead you're writing nice things about me,, awwww.

And... you have to guess what Y Y Y Y stands for.

rachel
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
well....on the very off chance that I should guess it correctly what exactly do I get as a reward, er if there is one I mean.
And I would have written one much funnier but I am too shy. sorry.

jackyyyy
03-28-2006, 07:11 PM
You'll receive, courtesy of MGM, Fox Kids and Forums Unlimited, your very own replica (Private Edition) 4 x Y vehicle - to drive over people obstacles seemlessly on your way to work. Incidently, the roof is sun sensitive, automatically opens when there is sunshine, closes for any other reason. So there you go.. well worth the guess... I guess.

I am working on a story that I will postumously post, where Raqueleleleleyeenya (can ya say that?) of the Salty SaltSprings (high up in the Bumpalayas) is attempting to save the World from a mountain animal that takes to a city, alas the city does not take to it. Its got a larder in it, so we'll have popcorn in the intermission, no worry.

Adelheid
03-29-2006, 05:00 AM
Miss Darcy

She's a tall graceful image of womanly accomplishments,
With a gentle and somewhat shy demeanor,
Not at all proud like what some may say
She's a friend any austen fan would like to have!

Mililalil XXIV
03-29-2006, 05:04 AM
I am working on a story that I will postumously post, where Raqueleleleleyeenya (can ya say that?) of the Salty SaltSprings (high up in the Bumpalayas) is attempting to save the World from a mountain animal that takes to a city, alas the city does not take to it. Its got a larder in it, so we'll have popcorn in the intermission, no worry.
Eh? I mean, wonderfull. ;)

Mil: a Crusader on a high horse with a cruciform sword raised--still, he has a squirting flower on his shoulder that shows that he can be fun-loving when he wants to be.
Eh? I mean, hmmm.... :cool:

Mililalil XXIV
03-29-2006, 05:44 AM
And I'm a boy Chegwé - the female form is Chegwïas. (I just made that up, but I made up the name in the first place so...)
I agree you're a guy there, guy, but hear me now:
whatever "Chegwé" be, "Chegwïas" is masculine! 'Tis "Chegwïa" that is feminine. Perhaps "Chegwé" is neuter. Are you related to Additional? [Say, how come Conditional ate Additional, but she alone is a ghost? Did he forget his manners at death? That alphabetical story needs some TLC.]

Now, after an incomparable introduction of the one member called Xamonas Chegwe, let me say that his humor is like gold with a little ore in it.

He is a star and doesn't even know it.

His hair looks like a garden without a gnome. His ears guard the entrance like lions without manes. His orange guitar is always at hand, but never in the way of his way to his black orchids. He can often be seen holding a million dollars to his heart, to make the currency rich enough to finance the comedy that he gives away as a free door prize to his guests. He answers the door in every outfit one might see a dressed salad in, and he leads you to his room of encoded fifths and makes you to hear dolphins spouting notes of random perplexity, in the shapes of his repeating youth.

[Adapted from the book, Xamonas Chegwe For Dummies.]

Xamonas Chegwe
03-29-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree you're a guy there, guy, but hear me now:
whatever "Chegwé" be, "Chegwïas" is masculine! 'Tis "Chegwïa" that is feminine. Perhaps "Chegwé" is neuter. Are you related to Additional?

You are clearly unfamiliar with the languages of the Catanna-Lemulan Comex, especially that of Hlele. Chegwé is actually an honorific, roughly translating as 'Scholar' or 'Learned one' and is derived from the verb Chegaw ('to have completed study' - verbs having built in tenses in this language) via contraction and the addition of the masculine adjectival ending '-é'. The equivalent female ending is '-ïas'; the hybrid ending is '-ïasé'; the intermediate ending is '-ïi'. These are necessitated by the complex, 4-gender sexuality of the natives of Hlele.

There are actually four neuter endings, corresponding to the juvenile, sex-not-specified, animal and inanimate forms; these are '-ooso', '-ïoso', '-onono' & '-aff' respectively.

The '-ïa' ending which you used is, interestingly enough, an archaic, female, diminutive form, which was once used to refer to young females, or hybrids that were becoming but had not yet fully become female. It has not been used since before the Air Wars though; you'd be the laughing stock if you referred to any Hlelïas in that manner - they'd think you'd lost your sibillant tongue - which would ruin your chance of getting a date! :lol:

You really should brush up on your exo-grammatical skills. :nod:

rachel
03-29-2006, 08:09 PM
do you two ever just speak you know like normal humans or are you actually androids created by Bill Gates that have been sent to this forum to torment those of us, okay just me then,a person who cannot even put together a six piece winnie the pooh puzzle. it is majorally depressing. All this time I thought Xamonas Chegue was just a sweet guy who keeps the pubs running and makes the world a more interesting place to live. who knew he was every person's gender and all that jazz. :confused: :bawling:

RobinHood3000
03-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated (by Microsoft).

Mililalil XXIV
03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
You are clearly unfamiliar with the languages of the Catanna-Lemulan Comex, especially that of Hlele.

Me axaff sesti ongonono - me?
[Please correct this humble offering.]

Anon22
03-29-2006, 09:11 PM
Hmmm... alright... my turn I guess... I'll miss a couple though (or perhaps many):

Rachel- That delicate rose of kindness
Samercury- That wonderful gift of friendship
Robin- That dazzling arrow of adventure
Pendragon- That poetic mind of humor

Ryduce
03-29-2006, 09:14 PM
LoL.Every time yall post I just scratch my head and say, if only I knew what they were talking about.Too much smarts for my obsolete mortal intellect.

Anon22
03-29-2006, 09:44 PM
I say your signature says so otherwise... it might've been something someone else said but all that matters is that you believe the same, otherwise... why would you have put it in your signature?

Mililalil XXIV
03-30-2006, 02:40 AM
Digital Crash loves, speaks, owns, dreams, and is birds! He can tame a woodpecker, using carrot shavings and pine bark, to man (I mean, bird) a large college library. He looks at every bird to see whether or not he knows it. He likes any kind of muffin with seeds in it, be it poppy, sesame, pumpkin, or bird. He refuses to chase cats - but he is genuine about his affection for the birds.

Mililalil XXIV
03-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Adelheid is a person I greatly respect. She takes stands that are for Faithfulness to GOD, rather than acceptance among humans she wishes she could share her Faith in common with. A more genuine heart I doubt any one will find among the youth of today.

Mililalil XXIV
03-30-2006, 03:06 AM
I think Robinhood hates mistreatment of ladies as much as I do, so I think he is a real man (if somewhat a Tiny Toon).
This guy once saw his father talking with an otter at Walmart. Suddenly someone that looked like the prince of Wales grabbed him and threw a shirt over his face, and shouted out, "Change the scenery - make it like Baker's Street!" But when he got his face out of the shirt, he found himself deep in Dire Wood. The fleeing shadow of the man that had nabbed him said, "This is dress rehearsal, lad!"

Am I getting somewhere here? It feels like something's missing. Is there an arrow that can point the way for me (preferably out of this awkward post)?

RobinHood3000
03-30-2006, 06:35 AM
Ebbuda-ebbuda-ebbuda-ebbuda-th-tha-tha-th-That's All, Folks!!

Green Arrow points the way!

Pensive
03-30-2006, 07:26 AM
Robinhood is a person who makes me laugh. He is caring and fight against evil.

Themis
03-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Pensive - a whirlwind of laughter, songs and cuteness. :cool:

Xamonas Chegwe
03-30-2006, 01:28 PM
Mililalil XXIV was found wandering in the black forest, muttering something about his trousers being too slow for his legs. As he was only 3 years old at the time, he was given to a group of travelling accountants that raised him as their own for 18 months, before selling him on to a large, multi-national, venture capitalism firm for tax reasons. 3 years later, he was used as a sweetener in a corporate merger and was not seen for several years, before finally reappearing in Johnny Depp's swimming pool during a Hollywood party in 1998; nobody has the slightest idea how long he had been living there, breathing through a snorkel and trapping passing z-list celebrities for food.

By the time he was 14, Mililalil could recite. It was to be 3 years more before he finally remembered anything to recite however. There is a rumour that Mililalil is unsubstantiated - but so is the rumour. In appearance, Mililalil is unremarkable except for his 37 foot stature, his bright, canary-yellow eyes and his total lack of other facial features.

Mililalil's surname XXIV (pronounced 'z'ziv') is not, as many believe,24 in roman numerals but is in fact an old Latvian word meaning 'The heart-rending sound made by ants as they are deep-fried'. Apparantly, this is the noise he makes while snoring.

Hobbies include stamp collecting, bird watching and hang-gliding (not Mililalil's hobbies, just hobbies in general.) Mililalil works as a cheese avoidance counsellor with under-privileged chief executives and spends the evenings making hearth-rugs out of other hearth-rugs.

Mililalil XXIV
03-31-2006, 03:32 AM
Xamonas Chegwe is the words beneath my wings! (Did Unnamable ever tell you you're his hero?)

It is also my duty to inform all that Xamonas mistook his own breathing and eating as a private detective for Mililalil's sleeping soundtrack. I in fact have never snored - except I may have faked it to make spies think I was fast asleep while lulling them to sleep with the inclosing sounds of burning firewood. One of my secret identities, which involves extraterrestrial getup, only works with the added touch of the fake snore. It is actually the only time I have to practice the speech of Hlele, and I must whisper.

Pendragon
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
MIL and XC as I call them, now begin to remind me of Tweedle-dee amd Tweedle-dum, those bold brothers who argued over trifles but stood together when it counted.

The Lady Liz as I called Elizibeth Seawall, has become by mutual decree Arrowette, the new sidekick to The Archer(as I call Robin.)

Pensy is our bluebird of happiness

The Great Unnameable is not yet named by me, for I have yet to find something to fit our mysterious man of wisdom.

NNoah3 Our lady ark-builder and song specialist, to judge from her posts in those areas. She probably gets tired of seeing me put up Eagles songs...

Ryduce is a relative "neubie", but we click somehow. I'm not certain to shorten the name to "Ry-man" or "Duce".

Chef will remain the "Chef", although she may get "Sweedish" tacked on to the front of her title. (I'll bet she can really cook, though!)

Chaps as chmpman will now be known is a riot, and a very good sport.

Riesa What's to change, m'lady? A fellow hat lover. :thumbs_up

DC is the best dang riddle maker on the forum! He gets my logic tangled in knots sometimes!

Sam Even knowing your real name, Princess, you'll always be Sam to me.

Sleepy The little witch nicknamed after my grandfather. Fun word games. Wonderful sense of humor. An assest to the forum, and that's the bottom line!

Willow is an Israelite in whom there is no guile.

Virgil I have a brother-in-law with your name. I think you and I will get along a lot better! We are WAY more alike!

Stan the Lawman You like that one, Stanislaw? We've crossed paths a time or two and always stopped to say hello.

Miss Darcy The reagal violinist. My only regret is that your photo with you playing the violin was not in color. You look as if you had stepped from the pages of a book into this world for a look-see.

Emily You are the wind beneath my wings at times with your tact and knowledge of how to say the right thing at the right time.

Scher A lady of gentle breeding who takes the time to listen to me gripe sometimes about nothing and no one, just life in general! You have a heart as big as the Ocean.

Kilted Takes a jest well and dinnae forget it!

Talisen is the Crow Boy, but far from a bird of ill omen.

Amuse I'll call you that, oh, sage one, for you have a knack for lifting my spirits when I am low.

And Rachel I shall miss you, dearest daughter of the lion...

Others I have paid hommage to elsewhere on this thread. And if I overlook you, it is not intentional. I will try to remember you all.

Mililalil XXIV
04-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Pen Dragon is all the classic comic actors rolled into one, but as though they combined their wallets to splurge on one gigantic heart.

Samercury is an angel disguised as an angel.

Smilingtears is an undisguised dear that this hard world is unworthy of.

Virgil is a constant encouragement to others whose personality attracts the goodwill of others.

The Unnamable is a solid personality - his face may be invisible, but not the decency he bears amidst concerns for all humanity.

Adil is human in suffering, but like an angel in response to it, and his hand is one Hope will not move on without taking firmly. His essence is like precious metal - even in scorching heat, his shine remains untarnished, and reflects light and a cool breeze back to one fortunate enough to be surprised with meeting him.

Pensive is a constant example of the rich quality in a child (sorry, but you are). Her wit seems beyond her years, and it cheers those who love children (once again, you are young enough to warrant this age classification).

Virgil
04-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Virgil is a constant encouragement to others whose personality attracts the goodwill of others.

Virgil I have a brother-in-law with your name. I think you and I will get along a lot better! We are WAY more alike!

Thank you to both of you. Compliments warm the heart. That is why I often post on the Compliment The Person Above You thread. You both are dear people.

Pensive
04-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Virgil is right. Most people love compliments. (I am also one of those. *blushing*)

Mililalil is clever and funny.

Pensive
04-05-2006, 06:50 AM
Themis: She is very sweet and considerate.

Kaltrina
04-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Well I don't know everyone too good, but I will describe everyone the way I imagine them...
Pensive: A cute little girl who is very brave and very proud...deep down inside she is soft and sensitive... she is like a cute little bird who you want to always keep in your arms in order to protect it from all the world... :)

Adil: Adil is a person you can always rely on, he is a very smart guy whom I imagine as someone who is very silent, watching everything around and talking only after everyone has spoken, and of course always saying the right thing.

Pen: Pen is someone whom I admire... a great poet... I am always amazed by his way of putting words together and the ideas he has. always having sweet words to say to everyone... I imagine Pen as a sweet Dragon who looks innocent and vulnerable but who is able to look after himself and only show the dangerous side of him only when really needed... :D

Robin: Robin is like a model friend that everyone likes to have... WHen you meet people like Robin at first you're not too attracted to them, but after you had a single conversation with him you want to be his friend immediately, he is funny and always surprises you with his wits...in my country when someone is like this we say that they have a sweet blood...meaning that they attract people wherever they go..

Rachel: I imagine her as a person who works all day long and at the end of the day picks up the phone and calls all the people she knows to make sure they are all ok... you guys were right describing her as an angel because she truly is one.

Willow: Willow is a guy that always makes me laugh and I could never get bored when he's around. he is smart and gives me an impresson that he never gets tired of making his friends feel good by always being there for them...

Riesa: Whenever I think of Riesa I see my older sister... Riesa is someone that could fit with anyone no matter what age they are... she is smart, a person who can give you advices and always put a smile on my face by adding a small joke... :D

Sam: I see Sam as a very attractive young lady who has a very unique style and a person with a dangerous appearance. people would probably think she is weird and when they meet her see that she is one sensitive, cute, funny and beautiful girl... I think we are very much alike...

Adelheid: She is a very sweet and tender person who could never say anything bad to anyone. she is smart and bold who fears nothing... :)

Virgil: Virgil is a smart, kind person. He always has great compliments for everyone, and the way he talks about his dog only makes me think of him as a very very sweet person.. ;)

Miss Darcy: I see Miss Darcy as a rebel girl who is very sincere and hates bad and unfair people, and in case that someone attack an innocent person she would always be there to defend them. :)

Scher: Scher is someone I would always be afraid of, but not because she is evil but because she seems so perfect and I would fear that if I said or did something wrong I would dissapoint her... people like Scher make you always fight to become a better person...

Smilingtears: Eva is someone whom I imagine as a person with a big smile on her face that never gets off...she is so nice and cute that you would always want to hug her... :D

Stan: Stan is someone I imagine as always having a frown in his face, but whenever he would look at a friends face he would lose the frown immediately and a sweet guy with a big smile, would appear which would make people breathe freely and love beings his friend... :D

Pendragon
04-05-2006, 09:26 AM
My sincere thanks to all for your kind comments. Even a Dragon can :blush: One day, I hope to live up to them! God bless. :angel:

adilyoussef
04-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Kaltrina my beautiful Kaltrina is a girl made of icecream. Her company is such a comfort that hearts crying with sorrow play joyfully. Kind and dutiful, lovely and beautiful, I imagine that people will fight one day to win her heart. Her eyes are like the moon peeping at us from her magical place.

Pensive
04-05-2006, 11:20 AM
Pen: Pen is really a very nice person who write beautiful sonnets.

Jay
04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm not too good with words sooo...

Scher:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/crazy_ftcopy.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/granny.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/granny.gif
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/words_wisdom.png http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/kohlhair_dreadsblueaqua.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/food-eggplant.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/homer.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/houmr.jpg

Last but not least...
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/jayellen/Scher/0694009628.jpg !!! :D

RobinHood3000
04-05-2006, 03:25 PM
To Kaltrina: ...whaddya mean, "not too attracted to them at first"??

I'm flattered, nonetheless ;).

Kaltrina
04-06-2006, 10:00 AM
thank you Adil that was so sweet...

@Robin I did not mean that you are not attractive, but people do not look at you closely to see the handsome guy that stands before them, only after you talk to them, that is the moment they turn their heads at you and see this amazing person...

and please guys don't misunderstand me because I wanted to write good sincere things about you, maybe sometimes I did not express myself too good... :rolleyes:

Night: Night is funny, clever, witty and a beatiful girl who is able to make all the people adore her... she is sensitive and caring, and I would really kick the a**** of the people who annoy her... :D

Themis: Themis is a sweet friend, a beautiful girl who is always calm and happy and spreads a very positive energy among people around her... :D

Pendragon
04-06-2006, 10:08 AM
I remembered a few I left out:

Themis Change your atvar all you wish, but to me, the haunting image of the blue fairy playing the flute will always be the true Themis. Perhaps you and Miss Darcy could give us a duet! ;)

Jay What do you say to the Poster of the Year? I name you eldest (not in age, in forum time) and wisest of us all! All hail Jay, the Queen of the Elves! Old Fashioned, With a Twist! ;)

KoaVery sweet and thoughtful, full of insight and a touch of mischeif! ;)

Dixie ChickSweet Home Alabama! A Southern Belle with a gleam in her eye and a "don't take life too seriously, have fun along the way" attitude. I can almost hear that Southern Lady accent in her posts. ;)

Logos Hee-hee, for the longest time in communicating with Logos, I thought she was a guy! Logos is like a great detective, weighing the facts, seeing what others do not, and keeping the peace, even if it means she has to pull out the old six-gun and delete a post. It's adios, YOYO. But I find her even handed, partial to no body. ;)

rachel
04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
This is my new image of Riesa:

I see you right now as a crystal chrysalis, small and crowded inside its dull damp rice paper cocoon. Cannot move, breathing is laboured and emotion filled and all around is mere dark-not even a pretty dark.
But wait-a new day dawns for you little butterfly for that is what you are and you tear with purposed slashings your confinement. At first nothing seems changed for those crystal wings, are stuck to your sides with old dried tears of sorrow.
And then...it happens.
A miniscule movement- a whish of fresh air and a feeling of life like you never knew fills your veins like a wild rebellious I.V.
You are alive and you take your first winged flight, at first inch by trembling inch.Then a foot and a yard an Finally an undercurrent of humid exotic air carries you up into the heavens.
You are free and you can see so much your heart feels faint with intoxication of information and wonder.
Fly little butterfly fly and seek your heart's desire.
You have the wings, now use them to touch the sun and come back without even the smell of smoke.

Riesa, I love ,honor and greatly admire everything about you.

:wave:

Chinaski
04-24-2006, 03:49 PM
I've not been here long, but I'd be interested to read first impressions! I'll have a go meself soon.

Logos
04-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Logos Hee-hee, for the longest time in communicating with Logos, I thought she was a guy! Logos is like a great detective, weighing the facts, seeing what others do not, and keeping the peace, even if it means she has to pull out the old six-gun and delete a post. It's adios, YOYO. But I find her even handed, partial to no body. ;)

Well thank you Pen.. I do try :)
/humbled

TBtheG
04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
The picture Logos as she appears In her avatar, a young Girl probably about 19-20, with long blondish hair and glasses. Her avatar reminds me of a librarian.

rachel
04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
She actually looks to me like a faerie princess who is working gently , patiently undercover, helping others to learn and grow and see other worlds with new eyes
I can barely wait until the second.

Petrarch's Love
04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Hi Rachel! :wave: I saw you had posted here and thought I'd come by to wave hello in hopes of caching you while you make a brief appearance. My image of you is with soft white angel wings. You swoop down with them to visit us every now and again, bringing with you warm and loving smiles that root and grow and blossom from your kind words.

Bandini
04-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Rachel- I'm channeling now! OK - caring to a fault, been hurt by men - undeservedly (well Ok we all been hurt - but you know!) Yearns for a softer world. Wishing someone would just take her there.

Bandini
04-25-2006, 06:34 PM
sorry if that was a bit heavy. You know, I just can't switch off the gift!

rachel
04-25-2006, 08:39 PM
well hullo and welcome. funnily I just pm'd you because I fell over laughing about the koolaid thing.
Okay I am really hoping I am hearing you right and you are a girl(else boy George comes to mind_do you really want to hurt me! :lol:-just kidding, some of my dearest friends who I love best are gay )
So here is what I will do. I am leaving for faerie land in about half an hour and I personally know oh half a dozen knights in shining armour. I will tell them about you and I know that one will come this very night(in your case a little later!) and will woo and pursue you. And he will never hurt or deceive you dear , because I well I have to admit I removed that part of his thinking, he is still able to disagree and have his own strong opinion, but once he falls for you -that is all she wrote.
Oh and do invite me to the castle for a visit, I promise to bring lots of lovely gifts and I am very good at doing hair for others and sewing, yes I can whip you up a happily ever after gown any day you say.
there, is that alright? I wish I could channel but it tends to give me ringing ears and really bad sinuses. Plus I forget who I am and go to strange people's house and eat their cereal. And I despise cereal.
love, hugs,

Bandini
04-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Heh - thanks for the dream guy - but I'm straight! I'm English though and the two are often confused!

Scheherazade
04-26-2006, 05:31 PM
Heh - thanks for the dream guy - but I'm straight! I'm English though and the two are often confused!I am glad you said it!

:p

rachel
04-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Rachel- I'm channeling now! OK - caring to a fault, been hurt by men -

BUT WHY THEN DID YOU WRITE THAT (imagine an arrow pointing to the word MEN) :blush: :redface:

And I am starting to wonder about English men, well some of them. sigh-and that Knight was so excited. And you already have a girlfriend so I suppose I could just give you a ticket for two on my favorite unicorn Fred-but he might be a bit peevish. He thought he was taking a princess ...life can get so complicated. :confused:

Hahahahahah Scher- you haven't lost that awesome humour I loved from the beginning. :lol:

Virgil
04-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Heh - thanks for the dream guy - but I'm straight! I'm English though and the two are often confused!
:lol: Come on now, I've known men from England, and I wouldn't call them effeminate.

You're quite a character, Bandini. :thumbs_up

TBtheG
04-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Theres no way your real wolf, Virgil. I'm willing to bet your human.

Bandini
04-27-2006, 05:17 AM
:lol: Come on now, I've known men from England, and I wouldn't call them effeminate.

Didn't say I was effeminate - 'arty' is more fitting!

Virgil
04-27-2006, 07:14 AM
Theres no way your real wolf, Virgil. I'm willing to bet your human.
Yes, I'm human. ;)

shinigami
04-27-2006, 09:58 AM
rachel

is friendly and is a wonderful person... she is cheery and abides by the law of karma... She is blessed as she blesses people with her kindness, holding close events to her heart that she now openly lets the world embrace as she herself has now embraced it.

rachel
04-29-2006, 11:19 AM
How kind,
and I will reciprocate and do you:

SHINIGAMI:

Shinigami is a chrysolite star with a small, pretty anime character enshrined in its' depths.
The shinigami star is so bright that the very vast reaches of black space can be seen in glorious color when it is around.
Shinigami is not like other stars, for it shines and moves according to its' own thought,according to the stars' own integrity.It dances and twirls and moves about the heavens like a prima ballet dancer who is doing the most glorious performance of a lifelong career.
The other stars and the planets and asteroids shout with joy when it comes into their space and they call it friend and helper.
AT night if you stand very still under the cool pale moonlight when the evening has settled and the streets are quiet for a while you can, if you close your eyes and concentrate, hear an unearthly exquisitely beautiful song being sung with a voice high and tinkling like wind chimes made from icesicles.
It is shinagami, the beautiful star and after you have heard it you know that there still is beauty to be found and you go on your way with a happy heart.

Pendragon
04-30-2006, 02:21 PM
TBtheG TB is Morpheus from The Maxtrix. He is a highly intelligent person who would love to be the One, but if he cannot be the One, he is not stingy in giving accolades to others. His only fear seems to be that something out there may arise that would attempt to prevent him from accepting a person for who they are and not on any other basis. He wishes barriers to be destroyed that would divide people, or cause them to feel unaccepted. For these reasons, I salute TB, and call him truly GREAT! http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/figuren/a135.gif

kilted exile
04-30-2006, 06:12 PM
I am getting a image of Robin as Maude Flanders.

Bandini
04-30-2006, 06:22 PM
Kilted excile - likes McEwan's export, fried Mars Bars, and Iggy Pop; not that I'm stereotyping or anything!

kilted exile
04-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Such a perfect description, you only missed the Irn-Bru, Simmit vest and rolled up copy the Daily Record. ;)

Bandini - Enjoys watching cricket, actually knows what a "googly" is, refers to Ian Botham as "beefy" and can often be heard to exclaim things along the lines of "I say old chap" "jolly good show" and "capital"

Bandini
04-30-2006, 07:17 PM
But I'm a Northerner! Flat cap, whippet and 'Ay Up Lad'!

kilted exile
04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
But I'm a Northerner! Flat cap, whippet and 'Ay Up Lad'!

Would that be Coronation Street Northern of Auf Wiedersen Pet Northern? It is easier to stereotype the Southern England/Londoner (the mother is from there for her sins)

Bandini
04-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Yorkshire lad - Emmerdale Farm Northerner!

blondeatheart
05-01-2006, 03:24 AM
oh wot do u think of me!?

adilyoussef
05-01-2006, 08:31 AM
oh wot do u think of me!?
You...! *lightening my pipe and puffing* hmmm...you! Well, you remind me of a dear friend I used to know when I was a child. She has deep blue eyes like the sky reflecting its beauty on the see. Her red hair and soft white cheeks like snow falling and caressing me, making my heart full of hope which once was lost and which I don't even remenber what was it, make me feel alive. I used to know her as did any child of my age. Pain and suffering we knew nothing of at that time, there was only she with me acting in a movie or rather a cartoon in my wonderland. That's how I picture you now. ;)

blondeatheart
05-02-2006, 05:20 AM
wow how poetic i love it thanks!

well i imagine everyone as people in my little wonderland - ur the friend who always listens and writes poems, thoughts and sweet little nothings in the sand

RobinHood3000
05-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Hehe, Adil is one of the most talented poets on this site, such that he can toss out a near-perfect sonnet at will, for any occasion.

blondeatheart
05-02-2006, 05:59 AM
yea seems like it well i absolutely love his description im going to make segments my msn name...nah that won't work oh well point is it's great i wish that rlly was me altho i suppose deep down inside the real me would be sometihng like that :P and btw adil ur avatar gives the impression ur an old guy lol altho i always say age is a state of mind when it comes down to it how old r u rlly?

Pendragon
05-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Blondeatheart While her atvar shows what appears to be the Little Mermaid, I think our Beauty from Down Under much deeper than any childhood character. I think I will describe her as Irene Adler who was always THE WOMAN to Sherlock Holmes because she was not only beautiful, but smart enough to beat Holmes at his own game.

RJbibliophil
05-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Pendragon has shown himself to be an evil penguin wracking havoc among members in this forum and inticing ninja cats and ninja penguins to do his work.

adilyoussef
05-02-2006, 11:32 AM
yea seems like it well i absolutely love his description im going to make segments my msn name...nah that won't work oh well point is it's great i wish that rlly was me altho i suppose deep down inside the real me would be sometihng like that :P and btw adil ur avatar gives the impression ur an old guy lol altho i always say age is a state of mind when it comes down to it how old r u rlly?

I believe in the beauty of the mind and the way we see things beautiful which, in fact, makes them so.
I'm 25 years old dearest and most people tell me I look like more than that.

By the way Thank you Robin for the compliment.

ElizabethSewall
05-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Her avatar shows what appears to be the Little MermaidI thought it was Belle from Beauty and the Beast... :confused:

I like it, btw. :nod:

RobinHood3000
05-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I do believe Elizabeth is right, I think...

rachel
05-02-2006, 07:06 PM
Pen,
you would have to mean a little girl version of Irene Adler, adorable and cute but not much older than our Pensive.(trust me on this)
M'Lord you are so right about sweet Adil and his amazing ability to think poetically anytime he chooses.

MISS TENDERNESS;

SHE IS AN ANGEL,PERFECT IN FACE AND FORM. NOBLE AND LOFTY MINDED-SHE COMES TO US INVISIBLY ON A GENTLE SWEET WIND AND BREATHES BEAUTY INTO OUR MINDS,HOPE INTO OUR SPIRITS. SHE CHANGES SHAPE FROM ONE ANGELIC FORM TO ANOTHER AND NO ONE CAN EVER TRULY KNOW HER . SHE IS BEAUTY AND MYSTERIOUS, INTELLIGENCE AND LIGHT.

Pendragon
05-02-2006, 07:42 PM
I thought it was Belle from Beauty and the Beast... :confused:

I like it, btw. :nod:I thought Belle was a Brunette? :confused: Of couse The Little Mermaid in the end become human... ;) Hey I'm 45 and my kids are all teenagers! I am sooooooo lost on Disney! :lol: I like the Atvar anyway.

Pendragon
05-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Pendragon has shown himself to be an evil penguin wracking havoc among members in this forum and inticing ninja cats and ninja penguins to do his work.RJ I played the Penguin at the direct request of Nightshade for the forum newsletter because I write mysteries. I play a skeleton ghost for fun in the newsletter now. Seperate the man from the character please.

RobinHood3000
05-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Aye, she is, and the avatar does look red, but if you take a closer look, it's more like auburn...

Virgil
05-02-2006, 09:47 PM
My image of Robin is that he's an incredibly bright young man with tremndous character and integrity, especially for his age.

rachel
05-04-2006, 01:06 PM
KATHY:
I just love her avy, those little black bangs, (fringe if you like)

To me, this woman is fiercely loyal to those she loves, extremely sacrificing and kind. she loves to do things to make others smile and she has a great sense of beauty.
She is honest and forthright and yet tender and considerate.
I look foward to knowing more about her in the time to come.

blondeatheart
05-05-2006, 10:26 AM
I think my avatar is a mixture of both Belle and Ariel
Thanks everyone I really like it too!
Rachel you do need an avatar lol glad they started that game to find u a nice one :P

Ryduce
05-05-2006, 10:56 AM
Robinhood-Definitely that guy in class who you love because he has that dry wit about him,but at the same time you hate because he is so much smarter than you.

Rachel-A bright star who stands out against the blackness of the night sky.The most caring individual you could ever meet.

Virgil-At one moment he could be talking to you about T.S Eliot,and the next he is downing a beer and shouting an obscenity because the Mets lost.

Pendragon-A great poet and wise man to which everyone around him holds dearly.Also a fellow Virginian,which makes him cooler than the rest.

Sorry it's early and I don't feel like typing anymore.I'll do the rest later.

Virgil
05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Virgil-At one moment he could be talking to you about T.S Eliot,and the next he is downing a beer and shouting an obscenity because the Mets lost.

:lol: :lol: Thanks Ry. That was great. Only thing, I don't care about the Mets. I'm an Orioles fan.

My image of Ry:

A professional musician at his young age means that he is one KOOL kid. He can be a little snotty and arragant, which means he's following in my footsteps, but he has a real fun streak in him. Loves William Faulkner and sports and poker. Wow, he really is a lot like me. Although I don't gamble. Good looking with an athletic build based on his picture. Probably shy with girls, but I bet they flock to him naturally. Some day, we'll have to drink a beer together and talk William Faulkner.

Ryduce
05-05-2006, 03:27 PM
:lol: :lol: Thanks Ry. That was great. Only thing, I don't care about the Mets. I'm an Orioles fan.

My image of Ry:

A professional musician at his young age means that he is one KOOL kid. He can be a little snotty and arragant, which means he's following in my footsteps, but he has a real fun streak in him. Loves William Faulkner and sports and poker. Wow, he really is a lot like me. Although I don't gamble. Good looking with an athletic build based on his picture. Probably shy with girls, but I bet they flock to him naturally. Some day, we'll have to drink a beer together and talk William Faulkner.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me.

Mililalil XXIV
05-12-2006, 01:11 AM
Ryduce, like his name, is simply too easy to spell out all wrong. Give me more time, and I shall give you you-know-what (or you know not what) folks. I shall deliver Ryduce to your comprehension equivalency capacitors!

smilingtearz
05-12-2006, 01:26 AM
a young warrior, who plays trics...Mililalil

Mililalil XXIV
05-12-2006, 01:45 AM
smilingtearz:
Has a quality like her sign-in name that makes you feel like her sign-in name.

rachel
05-16-2006, 05:23 PM
SHOUTGRACE:
David(I still feel faint you naughty boy)
David is a rockstar who by day dresses like a little boy and goes about school and the neighborhood doing tremendously kind and loving deeds for his fellow man. He is always accompanied by his cat Mr.George Sweetnums who can, amazingly enough, tapdance and wears teeny tiny taps and carries a tam and a bowtie in a plaid tote bag.
All the neighbors love David whom they call "Davie boy". His family however often run screaming out of the house when he keeps skipping about singing excerpts from the Wizard of Oz for their listening enjoyment.
By night as I said David is the absolute coolest rock star and has a fabulous light show that enchants everyone. He can sing four octaves without straining his voice and he is in the Guiness book of records for being the only human that can break glass fifty stories up when he hits the high notes or popping car and truck tires when he sings the lowest note. Therefore wherever he performs everything is made from silly putty which does not react to him at all.
Every girl has a crush on him and he gets over a million offers for marriage each year.

ElizabethSewall
05-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh my... I'm not sure I have seen this particular side of David yet. :D

rachel
05-16-2006, 09:08 PM
Oh yes my dear, in fact shhh(tell nobody)I have it on good authority that our David/aka Davie Boy actually cannot get insurance anymore since the parents of at least sixty girls have filed suit against him for so enchanting their daughters that all the girls are now in homes for the befuddled making baskets and drooling. And some of them were beauty queens.......very sad tsk tsk. So......do be careful out there all you beauties. I would , were I you, wear sunglasses, even at night and carry antidote.

ShoutGrace
05-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Rachel is a vigilante miracle worker who never fails to brighten anyone she comes into contact with. She soars across our troubled subconsciences looking for ways to enrich our lives and promote our happiness. She is a renagade dream-fufiller who always works the proverbial extra hours.

Rachel enjoys going out of her way to make other's lives fuller - that is, when she isn't busy saving children from all sorts of storms and pitfalls, sometimes in a literal sense. At least once a day Rachel succumbs to indulgence by taking a moment to humble herself and thank the heavens for both her incredible gifts and her majestic mission, both of which are aligned towards other people's well being.

Sometimes Rachel will receive a compliment when the subject of her calling is hit upon. Usually she tries to deflect such praise, but I do hope that as it concerns this post, she will be unable to do so.

Rachel is a wonderful person who makes all of our lives better, and I do truly think that this is the image we all have of her.

THANK YOU RACHEL!!

IrishCanadian
05-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Thats lovely and true ShoutGrace.
Heres my Image of Mililalil:
The clone of me made a few years before i was. Slightley better with time management causeing a greater dedication to the artistic side of him. This is his substitution for the spirituality of any human. In this way (now unlike me) his artwork, though entirely hidden from the world, is a perfect reflection of himslef that is only distorted by whatever medium he uses. A true artist with the directed and fasioned life of a true vocation.

Mililalil XXIV
05-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Irish and I have the inside scoop(s) on Scher. See the thread on this character.

shinigami
05-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Mil,

You remind me of my close friend- Louie, such a dear he was... So.. very.. chivalric, like a knight... hehehe... [*smiles*]

Pendragon
05-23-2006, 10:33 AM
SHOUTGRACE sounds like a character from one of my favorite books:
The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan. I could see a character like him named that in the book somewhere, I'm sure.

shinigami Is a tiny samurai, still learning the code, but ready to do battle if called upon.

IrishCanadian
05-23-2006, 03:36 PM
ElizibethSewal!
... is a flower petal, one of those ones with blending colours from tip to stem. As a petal she is what makes the big picture beautiful: sometimes looked over but always shinning bright to make those around her as lovely as she is already.

Xamonas Chegwe
05-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Elizabeth Sewall speaks in acronyms - her soft consonants and friendly vowels hide dark and lonely meanings.

But there's more!

For every word (however harsh) that is fronted by those initials, is itself an acronym, and combined they tell a tale of such exquuisite beauty and sadness that seasoned poets have fainted upon gaining the merest hint at the hidden meanings in her words.

But the layers go on.

And on.

No-one knows where they end.

There is a rumour that when she speaks in her native French, every word she utters contains the sum total of human knowledge in each syllable; nested like russian dolls of incredible delicacy and impossible fineness.

But of course, all of that may be nothing more than a rumour.

You decide.

J'ai déja.

ElizabethSewall
05-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Oooh... You both made my heart ache deeply with your beautiful words. I am not sure whether or not I deserve such praises but I cannot tell how thankful I am. :bawling:

Irish Canadian is a drama 'king', depicting the world surrounding him with such vivid words that one cannot but feel unique to have the slightest chance of watching him as he plays many parts, unaware of the beauty of his bare soul.

Xamonas Chegwe, tel un doux secret que l'on murmure à l'aube naissante, est mû de milles couleurs. La nature éprise de cet être si particulier, boude, pâle de jalousie. Car plus piquant que le houx, il n'en est pas moins doté d'un coeur plus charmant que nul lys n'en a jamais vu.

And his uniqueness deserved French words! ;)

Xamonas Chegwe
05-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Je croix que mon dictionnaire français s'est usé! :D

Merci mademoiselle pour votre mots doux.

ElizabethSewall
05-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Je vous en prie. Ils étaient amplement mérités! :)

Xamonas Chegwe
05-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Vous me flattez trop mademoiselle. Mais je l'aime beaucoup - arrêttez pas! :D

Mililalil XXIV
05-24-2006, 03:03 AM
Francais Nescafe?

ElizabethSewall
05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
Vous me flattez trop mademoiselle. Mais je l'aime beaucoup - arrêttez pas!Haha!! La flatterie... tout un art! ;) Toutefois, je réitère, les compliments étaient sincères.

Francais Nescafe?Mililalil XXIV is so witty I often end up confused while reading some of his sentences. Yet, I cannot but be enamored with one of his main interests:
believing romantic ideals and living them.Plus, he knows how to make one smile with beautiful compliments. A true knight! :nod:

Mililalil XXIV
05-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Thank you, Liz. You are a shrine of one of France's greatest priviledges.

RobinHood3000
05-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Elizabeth - the angel among roses, the deserted island beauty, a maiden of Sherwood, a teacher and chef, and above all, a lovely Frenchwoman.

AimusSage
05-24-2006, 04:31 PM
The image I have of Aimus: A freaking spam monkey who never seems to be able to shut up. All he says is rubbish anyway, and if it isn't he must have said it by mistake.

Weeping Willow
05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
funny....
Weeping willow - i see him as a lonely tree dying in the middle of the desert, as the sand cover his dead brances that left broken on the ground...

rachel
05-24-2006, 05:25 PM
AIM:

Aim is a time traveller, a magician and he writes sci fi books telepathically. He is kind, understanding and he shares his magic with all , especially the sad and the lonely.
He is loved by billions on Mars and just as many on earth.

WILLOW:
Willow is a prince that, because of his deep sensitivity and love of others, made the lesser gods jealous so that they laid in wait to capture him and take him to their castle of woe. And for a season he was despondent and lost all hope, for the windows were blackened that he might not see the light of day and of hope, all creature comforts were denied to him that he might despair of even the simplest blessing.
But his heart they could not touch, and with it he desperately hoped and wished for something to direct his way once again.
And it came in the form of a small diamond of light. Encapsulated within its clear depth were the words once upon a time. The light settled upon Willow's hand and for an entire night watch he stared at it and contemplated it.
Then he stood up and with all the strength he had left he turned into another ray of light and burst up and away and thru the window, up into the sky and to the place of his dreams. He started a new clean white page there........and lived happily ever after.

ElizabethSewall
05-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Elizabeth - the angel among roses, the deserted island beauty, a maiden of Sherwood, a teacher and chef, and above all, a lovely Frenchwoman.Heehee...

It would only be fair to reciprocate, since Robin does share many of Elizabeth's skills.

Robin - the angel among roses, the deserted island savior, the King of Sherwood, the pupil, yet the Master, quite skilled when it comes to writing, cooking and singing, but above all, a good friend of mine... somewhere (since he won't disclose his location ;) ).

rachel
05-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Elizabeth:

My baby, my friend, beautiful, intelligent, suffering, kind, sometimes er.....very french(like Georges :blush: :blush:) She is a rose among thorns, a true elf princess in faerie land.
She is a good aunty to Hasia and I hope to see her in France one day.

ElizabethSewall
05-25-2006, 04:10 AM
Rachel:

My beloved mother, my friend, my shelter after the storm, so beautiful and caring that no words will ever be enough to depict her. Not only does she live in Neverland but she actually IS Neverland. It is her who makes everything come true, her who rescues the 'lost boys' of the forum and outside.
She is a divine Queen ( ;) ) with a wondrous darling Princess, both whom I would like to meet one day.

Pendragon
05-26-2006, 12:08 PM
I see people are on a "describe myself" kick. OK

Pendragon Originally, David Pendragon was going to be a character in a series of short stories about Camelot, and was The Lost Son of Camelot. I needed a sign-on name here, and my usual two, Blade and Raven, were taken. Pendragon has changed in the time I've been here, but this is basically him:

He is an incurable romantic, obsessed with poetry, an Old Rouge who loves joking around, but has a serious side that comes out reluctantly at times to say something and vanishes as quickly. He is a tad insecure and worries about things he probably shouldn't. He doesn't like divisions, he prefers to get along with all if at all possible. And he is mysterious, loving puzzles and mystery.

C'est toutes ;) :nod: