PDA

View Full Version : Spiritual Moments

Jannah
01-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello everyone,

In this thread, I thought it would be thoughtful of us to share together our spiritual moments with God. Although these moments may be very few, but they're very precious to all of us.

Some may question, what kind of spiritual moments are you talking about? I'd tell you any moment of closeness with Allah, or a beautiful dream or anything... I hope sending it here would help strengthen the Faith of many people who are in search of the Truth. To those who found the Truth, these moments would strengthen and support them too.

I'll start with myself. a few months ago, I dreamt of my best friend- who is Christian. The dream was about her Father. I woke up to hear the news of the Sharm Sheikh bombing. Knowing that her father worked and lived in Sharm elSheikh, I got alarmed! I tried reaching her, her phones were busy. I was going crazy! Did her dad get injured? I tried and tried till she answered, and asked her if her Dad was alright. She told me that he left 3 minutes before the bombing, and saw everything when he heard the aweful noise and looked back to see all the fire. When I told her about the dream, we both cried. I thanked Allah that her father's alright. but I didn't know how to thank Him for this dream when I know, with my aweful sins, I don't deserve it.

Stanislaw
01-20-2006, 06:25 PM
sometimes God grants the undeservers a moment of peace to show us that he is there.

I am probably the least deserving of any grace, but in the late evening (following the funeral of a friend of my family, I was a palbearer) while I was about to fall asleep, I saw what I thought was a young woman who touched my shoulder, I then had the distinct feeling of peace and balance, and the feeling that it was the old woman whose funeral I had attended. I truly believe that she was an angel, and in a time of grief and anger brought solice to myself.
It was an amazing experience, and one that I was not worthy of recieving.

Ancestor
01-20-2006, 06:48 PM
I do not want this to sound awfully rude because it is not my intention. Why do you think you received the dream if you did not deserve it due to your sins? Perhaps you were more worthy then you realized otherwise why would you have been given the dream. I believe everything has a purpose good or bad. We have a harder time forgiving ourselves then others do and perhaps you have been forgiven for some of your sins. I think that you showed how good your heart is by being there for her. Well all have done things we are not proud but they can be forgiven.

Jannah
01-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Stanislow, thank you for sharing such a lovely spiritual moment.
Ancestor, what you said was not rude at all. Yes, God forgives all sins, not only some. the thing is, we'll only know on Judgement day. But as you said, we need signs on our way to let us go on. This may be one of them.