PDA

View Full Version : Shakespeare Acting troupe

Admin
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
Stratford Canada has a Shakespeare Festival every summer. I don't know if thats what you're looking for or not but you could probably find out who puts on the shows there.

MortalFool
Alabama has a Shakespeare festival every year, too. I went this year and last year. It was really cool. :)

TSK BEECH
I was wondering if anyone knew any information about shakespeare in an acting troupe, or any acting troupe of that era.If anyone know anything that would be of use. Also, if anyone knows a site that would answer my question, please post it here. Or, you cold give me an E-mail at: [email protected]

Vronaqueen
09-14-2002, 06:45 PM
If you're looking for parodies, find any renaissance faire what offers a troupe called "Sound and Fury" Totally hilarious, offering the family version of Romeo and Juliet the first draft, and the not so family versions of others plays and topics of the day, such as "Testacles and the Sack of Rome"

Eric, son of Chuck
09-16-2002, 03:55 PM
I'm going to the Stratford festival next summer. -) I'm already excited, it's 10 months away!

Vronaqueen
09-19-2002, 06:52 PM
I just reread your post, and Shakespeare was associated with an acting troupe in his lifetime. It was either the Chamberlain's Men, or the Queen's Men, I always get them confused.