PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a literary criticism paper please! due today!

chansey
01-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey everybody,

I am writing a paper which has to consist of four paragraphs. The four paragraphs each have to focus on one of the four different criticism we have been told to use. They are Formal, Social, Archetypal, Psychological. They have to include quotes and be about a page each. I did a little skeleton really fast and here it is:

Formal(Narrative Structure): Huxley makes use of a high level of satire in this book to get his message across. Every piece of this book is ironic in the sense that it reflects everything that is bad in the real world, mirroring it and taking it to the extreme. Bokovnskys process, quote etc. After Ford, the religion etc.

Social(Social elements that influenced the novel): This book was published in 1932 and commenting on all the things going on in the world at that point. Like nazism the society in his book is corrupted and just wrong. I think he wanted to make sure that this would not happen in the future. To warn us.

Archetypal(the woman as a seductress): Lenina and how she is a piece of meat, the orgies etc. Stuff that focuses on the woman as a seductress. When she seduces John and he whips her because he doesnt want it.

Pshycological(This paragraph should focus on an unconscious elemen of a character): Help me out here please.

Those are just some thoughts of mine, please help me out with stuff to add and examples and quotes.

Thanks so much,
Michael