PDA

View Full Version : hey

kiara
01-07-2006, 09:37 AM
hey im new here. this is my first day :nod:
can any one tell me what is the significance of the title "A Midsummer's Night Dream"

Nightshade
01-07-2006, 03:24 PM
:wave: sorry cant help try the shakespear sub forums :D

shortysweetp
01-07-2006, 05:09 PM
welcome to the forum i hope you find it helpful

Darlin
01-08-2006, 02:34 AM
Hi, kiara can't help but welcome. :wave:

sxcshrimp
05-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I hope this message is not to late. At the mement I am doing "A midsummer nights dream" for the school production.

I think that it was called that because of where shakspare set the play. it took place over a period of one night, it was also the middle of summer, Also if you look into the script, when Oberon and Titana meet in the forest. her words to him were as follows... "And never since the middle summers spring, met we on hill, in dale, forest or mead..." Suggesting that it was middle of summer again and they had come back to renegotiate the possession of the indian child. The reason I think shakespare called it a midsummer nights DREAM. was because of the love potion that Oberon and Puck used. It worked only when people were sleeping (or dreaming) and they would awake, and love the first living being they saw until such a time as it was broken with another flower, again only used when the person was asleep (or dreaming) When a person awaoke for the flower and was normal again. or in Bottoms case awoke all togther... without the *** head on. There thoughts were that all that had happened that night was a dream. they remebered their steps but did not recall it as reality. the name also suggests that the play was not just set in the courtyard but in the forest where in those days people were suspisious of the mystical beings. therefore you have the name and the reasons behind it with backup from the script and setting itself...

I hope that what is written here has helped. If you have any other questions I would be happy to help.
Good luck and God bless

julesville87
06-09-2006, 12:59 PM
well if you didnt help them you helped me! lol ive got an exam on it on monday and while im pretty sure of ive got the just of it, that post really helped me out, cheers!

ash_of_lee
11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
hey im new here. this is my first day :nod:
can any one tell me what is the significance of the title "A Midsummer's Night Dream"

Its about the fantasy and the reality we hold with it, as We wish for something to be true eventhought we know its a case of 'too good to be true' we therefore still hold the possibillity that distracts us from the reality of it. Which is a 'mid summer nights dream'.