PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite games on Lit Net?

Virgil
01-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I thought this might be an intersting question. My favorite is the haiku game. In a matter of 2-3 minutes, it forces me to be creative and formulate a thought which I've never though before, all in a fixed poetic form. And part of the subject is constrained by having to use the last line of the person above you. The paradoxical combination of free creativity and forced constraint makes it interesting.

The other game I've really gotten into lately is the Google image game. It's not challenging, but the fun is in the visual surprise of your search and the surprise of what others come up.

Eva Marina
01-04-2006, 06:22 PM
I like the haiku game, too, despite the fact that I've only played it once now. The word and name association games are fun as well. It's neat to see what words and names other people will think of and the connections they'll make. One of my personal favorites is Name That Book! because of how it's sort of like a puzzle, trying to figure out which titles fit the clues given.

Riesa
01-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Haiku. I'm addicted. I also like the PAM game because I feel it helps me get to know the other people around here.

Logos
01-04-2006, 06:41 PM
My favorite game is

"Ok, spot who's been a naughty boy/girl today in the fora"

:lol:

RobinHood3000
01-04-2006, 07:24 PM
I agree with Eva Marina, Name That Book! and Questions Only are two of my favorites.

emily655321
01-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Mine are "Story Continuation," "Google Image Game," "Would You?," and "Ask the person below you."

I have also been tempted to revive the "Tanka poem" thread, but I haven't been very good at thinking up poetry lately (hence my absence on the Haiku thread). The Limerick thread was fun, too, while it lasted, though I fear I pushed the rules a little too far.

Nightshade
01-05-2006, 06:10 AM
errrr I like alsorts of them but havent visited any in ages
"writing together"
"would you"
"Pam"
"stories wih holes"
Time game
things like that

Kaltrina
01-05-2006, 07:00 AM
well I like almost all of them... lol
ok here : Word assosiation, PAM, Questions only, Another creative game, Google image...

smilingtearz
01-05-2006, 07:07 AM
I like almost all the games in here!
:banana: :banana:

Pendragon
01-05-2006, 08:29 AM
If I go with Name that Book, I toot my own horn, so I really like the Questions Only and Another Creative Game in which I need knocking off again... :lol: :lol:

Riesa
01-05-2006, 09:02 AM
I have also been tempted to revive the "Tanka poem" thread, but I haven't been very good at thinking up poetry lately (hence my absence on the Haiku thread).

OH, Please do!

Pensive
01-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Word Association Game

dramasnot6
11-17-2006, 04:42 AM
I love the haiga and haiku threads! but i gotta chek out these other ones too. ooo suggestion: have a section on Lit Network for specifically games since there are sooo many now.

B-Mental
11-17-2006, 04:56 AM
Pants game, of course....

Pensive
11-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Oops, now it is King of the Hill, Another Creative Game About How The Person Above You Died, and Predice Who Will Post After You.

I am really addicted to these games! :D

OZEED
11-17-2006, 05:24 AM
I've recently got addicted to haiku and haiga games.
I enjoyed the complete the thought game for a while.
word association game is good for a bit.

also word-for-word poem, but nobody wants to play anymore:bawling:

miss tenderness
11-17-2006, 11:03 AM
My favorite game is

"Ok, spot who's been a naughty boy/girl today in the fora"

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

my favorite is Word association game, I like also name association game and this or that:)

ktd222
11-17-2006, 11:06 AM
I also love Predict Who is Next. I'm always checking back to see if the right person responds. Oh what joy Anticipation can be!

miss tenderness
11-17-2006, 12:00 PM
:D tell you a tip,Ktdd( maybe you already knew it)>>>check the list of the names who are online,then see if they are in general chat section,if they are,predict someone who is frequent in the predicyion game,this way you'll always win!

RobinHood3000
11-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I like the Compliment thread. Makes me feel special. :D

Riesa
11-17-2006, 09:28 PM
you are special. :p

I like the PAM game, when I can think up good insults I giggle for minutes.

Idril
11-18-2006, 12:11 PM
I like the Song Title Thread and I really liked the Bands thread but it seems to have slipped down a few pages. This or That, Word Association and Name Association are games I waste a lot of time participating in as well. I like the Compliment the PAM when I can compliment someone I know at least a wee bit and I'm in a certain mood because I'm not, by nature a particularly effusive person. :p

Shalot
11-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I like This or That, Word Association, Would You? Ask the Person Below You, Make a Wish and The Acronym Game (although I am not very good at it --- I always like to see what ShoutGrace is going to put).

I wish I had more to contribute the serious part of the forum but I don't. I think there is a thread over there about the LitNet member of the Year and it seems like someone posted something about not nominating anyone who spends all their time posting in chat and games (I guess that would be me!).

But Games are good. I like them (obviously!)

toni
11-19-2006, 04:14 AM
Now that I'm finally getting the hang of it, The HAIKU game, and The Acronym Game, Compliment the PAM (Giving compliments makes you feel good as much as receiving them!)and all of the Association games..The predict who will post after you too! It is such a waste of time sometimes, always checking, but it Is Really a lot of fun.