PDA

View Full Version : romeo and juliet personfication

prettygrlxgrave
12-10-2005, 07:43 PM
im a feshman in highschool and im taking english I honors. my teacher gave the class an assingment to identify ten instances of personification in act I of romeo and juliet. i have found 5 already and i need help finding five more. can any one help me? thanx

Basil
12-10-2005, 07:50 PM
You should list the ones you've already found, so people will know to skip them.

prettygrlxgrave
12-10-2005, 07:55 PM
1.the worshipped sun peered forth
2.greifs of my own lie heavy
3.smoke raised with a fume of sighs
4.happy masks that kiss fair ladies' brows
5.the earth hath swallowed all my hopes

remember that i only need them in act 1 so your not looking through the entire play

Scheherazade
12-10-2005, 08:08 PM
I will move this thread to Romeo and Juliet subforum, prettygrlxgrave.

Welcome to the Forum!

Basil
12-10-2005, 09:06 PM
1.5.42 "It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night

prettygrlxgrave
12-10-2005, 10:19 PM
thanx basil! and thanx for moving it for me....cuz im new and i didnt know how to

Juliee
12-11-2005, 01:02 AM
can anyone help me find an example of a pun and/or sexual humour and/or sarcasm?

the quote examples can only be from act II scene iv

thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!

Juliee
12-11-2005, 01:13 AM
SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!
The suspense is killing me! It's eating my insides!

i do believe i am a touch over-dramatic
not to mention impatient :lol:

prettygrlxgrave
12-11-2005, 09:37 PM
a pun is a play on words....for examaple mercutio is talking to romeo and he says something like...i dreamed too and dreamers often lie....meaning dreamers arent truth ful...or....dreamer lie in a bed...but i dont have the book with me at the moment...hope to help

Credhead14
01-02-2006, 09:50 PM
For each of the five acts in the play, I have to find 4 examples of metaphor or personification (5 acts x 4 examples= 20 total examples from the book).

I have to give the Metaphor OR Personification and I have to cite the specific Act and Scene

Can anyone help?

ahighschoolgirl
01-13-2006, 09:04 PM
About every line in the book is metaphors.

karkrash
02-12-2008, 11:29 AM
hey everybody.
im new...like joined 3 minutes ago
and i realllllllly need your help.
i need to find 10 pieces of personification in act 2 scene 2 - romeo and juliet...its harder than it sounds! please help me!!!!:bawling:

karkrash
02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
can anyone help me find an example of a pun and/or sexual humour and/or sarcasm?

the quote examples can only be from act II scene iv

thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!

"i will bite thee by the ear for that jest!" (line72)

Giun
03-18-2008, 08:16 AM
1.the worshipped sun peered forth
2.greifs of my own lie heavy
3.smoke raised with a fume of sighs
4.happy masks that kiss fair ladies' brows
5.the earth hath swallowed all my hopes

remember that i only need them in act 1 so your not looking through the entire play

Which acts were those from?

Plus, I found some more.

1. "Earth-treading stars that make dark heaven light", Scene 2
2. "Peer'd forth the golden window of the East", Scene 1

Maybe that'll help you.

Abraxas
03-18-2008, 09:59 AM
i need to find 10 pieces of personification in act 2 scene 2 - romeo and juliet...its harder than it sounds!

Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
Who is already sick and pale with grief [...]
Be not her maid, since she is envious;
Her vestal livery is but sick and green, (l. 4-8)

Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business, do entreat her eyes (l.15-16)
the lazy-pacing clouds (l.31)
the bosom of the air (l.32)
And what love can do that dares love attempt (l.68)
night's cloak (l.75)
Love [...] He lent me counsel, and I lent him eyes" (l.80-81)

one_time_user
05-01-2010, 02:20 PM
omg pretty u wont belive this and i wouldnt either if i were you, but im a freshman who is in english 1 honors and i need to find examples of different things like personification, oxymorons, similes,metaphors.etc. im so glad u posted the personifications u got. ty for the help:coolgleamA:

LoveofmyLear
05-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Shakespear didn't actually write this story!! hasn't anyone hear of Tristan and Isolde? he just stole the plot and his friends actually wrote the play for him because he was on a trip to Venice!

CheckItTybalt!
04-28-2011, 08:08 PM
a pun is a play on words....for examaple mercutio is talking to romeo and he says something like...i dreamed too and dreamers often lie....meaning dreamers arent truth ful...or....dreamer lie in a bed...but i dont have the book with me at the moment...hope to help

Again, totally too late on this one.... about 6 years late, but I only got "that dreamers often lie" now.... and oh my God Mercutio really knew how to make people groan.

I'm still shaking my head.... jeez he could have been a comedian.... "I'm Mercutio Escalus and I'm hosting Saturday Night Live this week..... you've been a great audience....." ....groan.... :D