PDA

View Full Version : The Purpose of the Title

Anon22
12-02-2005, 11:36 PM
I finally thought up a neat game. For some reason I get the feeling it's been done before, but whatever. Anyhow, you know how when you read a title you predict what a story/book/poem is going to be about? like how the title "Sky-blue" can get you thinking about the color sky blue and gets you wondering what its going to be about, is it the sky? is it eyes? is it love? well here's a game for this type of thing. Here's how it works: the person above you gives you a title, and you have to write what you think the story/book/poem can be about and give a title of your own for the next person. So if I were to write "Love" you could write whatever you think a story/book/poem titled "Love" can be about.

Alright, lets begin, I'll just think one up randomly:

"Friendship by the Sidewalk"

RobinHood3000
12-03-2005, 12:08 AM
A random stranger taking the time to sit down and befriend a homeless man on the street.

"Binder Clips and Apple Turnovers"

Pendragon
12-03-2005, 12:01 PM
A love triangle in an office setting, specifically during meetings where refreshments are served.

"Backwoods Genius"

Anon22
12-03-2005, 08:01 PM
A boy lives in a small area, considered to be genius, that is until another comes along.

"Generosity to its Max"

emily655321
12-03-2005, 08:30 PM
A boy named Max risks his life to donate an organ to the one he loves. (In my book, the operation would be fatal, but then my stories all end badly.)

"Crêpe Trousers -or- How I Learned to Play the Banjo"

Pendragon
12-05-2005, 09:14 AM
A young man who is a bit of a fop when it comes to dressing is taking banjo lessons in an effort to win the heart of the love of his life but finds that the banjo ruining his nice crêpe trousers a bitter pill to swallow. http://www.smileyville.net/user/alucard.gif

"Shadow of a Shadow"

RobinHood3000
12-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Peter Pan's shadow goes off to have an adventure of its own, in which a Shadow-version of Never-Never-Land exists in a parallel dimension.

"The Level 99 Paladin"

Pendragon
12-06-2005, 10:19 AM
In a video-gamelike universe, a dark Paladin rules on level 99. Only the most brave dare to even risk the journey to that level, and so far, none have returned. But Robin, a young Archer of renowned skill, sets off on an epic journey to challange the Dark Paladin, and finally clear level 99.

"Inside, Ouside, Upside Down" :lol:

Anon22
12-23-2009, 11:05 PM
What an interesting idea. :) Man, this is like taking a walk in the past. I feel such a different person these days. I've definitely grown, I suppose... but... anyhow... continuing along the game.

A kid enters a world which is much like a labyrinth. The many roads within that world tend to go off on many directions, even up, and down. The rules of physics are often defied.

Umm...

"Wherever the Wind Blows"

Lokasenna
12-24-2009, 09:11 AM
A novel entirely without speech about an elderly man who sails a limitless ocean pursuing the ghostly image of his long-dead wife.

"Seven Stones"