PDA

View Full Version : Changes

Admin
11-30-2005, 02:05 PM
All the authors added over the summer (about 155) have their own forums now. Because this more than doubled the existing list of author forums I made it it's own section so that you can click those little blue arrows on the side to minimize it. Please remember to use these forums though, I added the minimize feature to allow you to remove it from your homepage screen scroll if you so desire, but I do not want these forums to be ignored. So remember to use them if you have a comment on a specific author or book.

Additionally, I think one of the best ways to use them is to subscribe to them in your control panel. For instance if you're reading a certain book or want to know about all new threads on a certain author you can subscribe to that subforum and then the new threads/posts will be listed in your control panel.

The book forums for all the new authors have not yet been added, I plan to do that either tonight or tommorow.

Nightshade
11-30-2005, 02:15 PM
gosh chris you have your work cut out for you havent you how long will that take....wait does this mean I can soon blather on aboyut Roe to my hearts delight ?
oh wow
:D:D:D :banana: thanks!!

Admin
11-30-2005, 05:37 PM
Actually it doesn't take that long.

When faced with that much work its far far easier to write a program that automates it for you, rather than doing it all yourself. Luckily, I know how to write just such a program.

rachel
12-09-2005, 05:31 PM
you are Bill Gates, i knew it.

RobinHood3000
12-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Cool! If he is, I've got his book!!

rachel
12-11-2005, 01:56 PM
yup i am quite certain. try emailing him. he answers in short clipped sentences just like Bill and doesn't want to share much of himself, short and sweet and to the point.
i wonder if he gives out student loans to the devotees of this forum.
Robinhood do you give lessons in ruber duckese. i am trying to me more multilingual

Nightshade
12-11-2005, 02:27 PM
I could always turn tyou into a duckt too rachel its how he learned :D

Admin
12-11-2005, 06:05 PM
I am definitely not Bill Gates. If I had that much money I'd no longer work and just retire an fly my private jet around to my various residences.

RobinHood3000
12-11-2005, 06:09 PM
But you'd like to be, wouldn'tcha?

rachel
12-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Aha, my ploy worked. I KNEW you would have to say something. Like the great Greta Garbo "He speaks!!!"
I have a sneaking suspicion that you Admin are the most interesting passionate person who could add just buckets of magic to this forum if you would just share. But you remain so silent. We would all love to get to know the real you, wouldn't we guys?
So please, pleeeeeez contribute something of your own soul once in a while, after all we are sort of your 'children' if you will. Or perhaps like Frankenstein we are.....the point is we wouldn't be here if it were not for you. So what do you say......"papa"

Admin
12-12-2005, 02:15 PM
There simply aren't enough hours in the day for that. I have a business to run, a wife to please, et.

rachel
12-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Ah yes those minor little things like sustenance and wow you actually want to please your wife. Are you out there Starr, here now is a role model I heartily endorse for you.
He is definitely a role model in just about everything.
Thank you for your honesty Admin. I appreciate it.

starrwriter
12-13-2005, 01:19 AM
Ah yes those minor little things like sustenance and wow you actually want to please your wife. Are you out there Starr, here now is a role model I heartily endorse for you.
Role model for me? Surely, you jest. I am THE role model for all married men (meaning I got divorced years ago.)

Why are divorces so expensive?
Because they're worth it.

RobinHood3000
12-13-2005, 06:55 AM
Only for some.

Nightshade
12-13-2005, 11:39 AM
sorry admin but I hope you nebver have that much money if it means you *gasp* abandon us.
Then what will happen, this lovley world will crumble :bawling:
:lol: ;)

rachel
12-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Then we would have to look up to you little woman of the Smilies to start a new home for all of us homeless forum people.
And just who If I may be so bold to enquire dear Starr appointed you as THE DEFINITIVE ROLE MODEL for all married men? NIMH or MAD MAGAZINE?
Just curious is all.(gives quick hug and pat on his fevered head)

Nightshade
12-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Then we would have to look up to you little woman of the Smilies to start a new home for all of us homeless forum people.
Err somehow I dont think so, my natural lazy streak would cause havoc.

And just who If I may be so bold to enquire dear Starr appointed you as THE DEFINITIVE ROLE MODEL for all married men? NIMH or MAD MAGAZINE?
Just curious is all.(gives quick hug and pat on his fevered head)

he did of course didnt he say he was playing God? Oh and rachel I think hes going to need a bigger towel and a bucket.

rachel
12-16-2005, 02:42 PM
bigger towel and bucket coming up. Well then what about Robinhood or Mono or perhaps Virgil starting up if our Admin leaves us weeping and abandoned?
I am greatly disappointed Night but how can you say you are lazy when you got an award for reading EVERY BOOK in the library. HOW UNBELIVABLY AWESOME !!!!!(does cartwheels and handstands for sheer joy)