PDA

View Full Version : Is she?

Kyuyi
11-30-2005, 10:53 AM
"Oy! What the bloody hell are you looking at?" asked Drake, throwing his book at me. I dodged, and saved the book from going out the window.
"Honestly," I said, with a frown, "can you stop doing that? You know i won't get hit."
Drake 'humpph-ed' and snatched his book from me. "Doesn't mean you're a taekwando student you can be safe from flying objects. You'll get hit someday by somebody. Just wait."
I focused on the board, with my eyes glued in my textbook. "Yeah, but not by you. What were you talking about by the way?"
Drake shot me a glare. "I was wasting my saliva and energy talking to a hallucinating lad. And, what were you looking at?" He pushed me away and looked out the window.
"Hey stop it! You're -" I began to protest but was ended with Drake's laughter. "What?!" I asked, turning my face away to avoid Drake's grinning face.
"So," he started, with that annoying 'Ah-I-see' voice, "I see why you were hallucinating. That Smith girl really got you, didn't she?"
I ignored, and i looked out the window. At the basketball field a goup of girls are giggling and smiling sheepishly at me. And only Maya didn't bother to look. She took the ball and laid up, with the same bored expression on her face.
" -and you really shouldn't waste your time on her. It would make you look bad. Sure, she's cute, but she's really NOT your type." Drake paused, and grabbed my shoulders. "Listen to me Christopher Andrew Townsend. You will not give a damn about the girl who dumped you. Or rejected you, to be precise. There's tons of hot girls out there waiting for you to **** them."
"I never ****ed anyone."
Drake tilted his head to think for a minute. "Yes..er..you didn't. But you will one day. Under my tutoring." He added, patting his chest proudly.
"You look like a gorilla when you do that."
Drake made a face and sat at his place. "That's it. I won't help you anymore. And don't bother talking to me."
"Uhm...Drake."
Drake closed his eyes and pointed his finger at my face. "I told you don't -"
Wham! The duster hits Drake's head. "When I'm teaching, i would like you to concentrate," said Mr. George.
"Why didn't you tell me, you arse!" Drake said, rubbing his head painfully.
"I was about to. You wouldn't let me talk." Then i laughed.

Before going back i saw Maya again. This time she was surrounded with her friends, who are smiling and giggling at me - again. I ignored them and talked to Maya. "Hey Maya, wanna watch Harry Potter GOF with me?"
Maya looked at me with her bored eyes and stared. "Yeah sure."
"Really?" i asked, surprised.
"If you're inviting my friends too," was her unexpected answer.
I brushed my bangs away and agreed. "It's a promise then," i said, ignoring the happy gasped from her friends.
Without answering Maya continued walking. I watched her long dark hair bouncing and short skirt trailing after her. One of her friend approached me and apologised.
"Why did you apologized for?"
"Maya, she doesn't act like this before. Maybe she's nervous."
I lifted my brow. "What do you mean?"
"Well, whenever we talk about you to her, she will smile softly and blushed slightly. I don't know why she is acting weird," her friend said, shaking her head.
"Oh. I'll see you then. Thank you." Then i walked away. That is a useful information, i told myself. When i reached home, i tossed my bag, on the radio, and slumped onto my bed. I closed my eyes, and relaxed my muscle. Why am I so interested at Maya? I don't know. Maybe because she was the first girl who dumped me. I never get dumped by anyone before. Except for her.

"Oh, sorry, i can't," she said, her green eyes expressionless, when I asked her out last summer.
"Why not?" i asked her, brushing my blonde hair away from my eyes.
"Because it's you. You." She repeated.

I opened my eyes, and stared at the ceiling. At that time i didn't say anything - because she walked off. Drake was pissed at her babbling about 'who does she think she is' and 'she'll regret it'. But i wasn't angry at all. I was confused. I didn't do anything wrong to her, did I? Why in a sudden she hates me? There is only one way to find out, i decided, but i have to wait till the movie. Now, i have to find something to wear.

I chose to wear a black suit. Other than clothes, i didn't bother much about my appearence. I met the girls there, and smiled at Maya, who looked stunningly beautiful. "Thought you weren't coming."
"I don't break promises," she said, not looking at me. I smiled wider and went in the cinema. In the middle of movie, Maya, who sat 5 seats away from me, stood up and went out. I rose, took out a lollipop and followed her.
I met her at the benches outside, so i sat beside her. She looked at me, then looked in front. We didn't talk for 5 minutes, when she said, "Stop it."
"Stop what?"
"Stop licking the lollipop. You're grossing me out."
"You mean like this?" and i licked all over the lollipop, making noise.
Maya blushed and walked towards the exit. I catched up and started kissing her. "Do you like peppermint?"
"No i don't."
"Well, too bad. This lollipop tastes like peppermint." Then i kissed her again. And she kissed me back.

rachel
12-18-2005, 03:32 PM
a sweet slice of young life. never has to make sense it just is.
you need to watch your tenses and a few of the words you chose you probably mean to say differently. I like reading things thru a guy's eyes. it is fascinating.
thank you for your contribution

Kyuyi
12-24-2005, 03:11 AM
It was no problem! Thank you so much, I'll do my best next time! Thank you, Thank you.