PDA

View Full Version : Which Little Woman do you dislike?

Kyuyi
11-30-2005, 08:22 AM
I was just thinking of my favourite characters in the 'Little Woman' book, and decided to make a new thred of 'Which Little Woman character do you dislike?'
I only do this out of my curiosity, and hope that i didn't offend anyone. Turrah!

Nightshade
11-30-2005, 08:34 AM
havent read it in soooo long but as I rember I didnt like amy I think.

Kyuyi
11-30-2005, 02:11 PM
havent read it in soooo long but as I rember I didnt like amy I think.

That is soo toh-tah-lly right. I dislike Amy too. Yak.
:banana:

Jekaterina
11-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah. She's so superficial!
I like Jo most of all (probably because I am a lot like her...)

Darlin
12-04-2005, 04:25 AM
I actually liked Amy but out of all the sister's she'd be my least favorite with Jo and Beth my first and second favorites. But from the list of names you've provided I'd say Aunt March was my least favorite.

Pensive
12-04-2005, 04:41 AM
I, a kind of disliked everyone of them. I think that Amy's character building was better.

I don't know that why I was not able to get into that book much. I disliked Alcott's character building.

Beth's character was not bad...

Darlin
12-04-2005, 04:58 AM
I truly don't know how anyone could dislike Beth even if they didn't care for the other characters. Every time I've read Little Women I've cried and cried when she dies. Too bad you didn't care for the book much, Pensive.

Nightshade
12-04-2005, 07:45 AM
Yes but thats sort of a pattern in all of Alcotts stories isnt it ? a device she makes tis charcter who the main charcters adore and then he/she dies which moves the story on.

rhei_27
12-05-2005, 03:05 AM
I like Jo and her boyish ways...she reminds me of myself. I really can't remember the rest..It was a long time ago when I read the book and watched its cartoon show in one of our local tv stations. Amy is the youngest, right? Jo was the second and Beth is the eldest...Who's the other sister who plays the piano? I really couldn't remember her...

Snow Falcon
12-05-2005, 03:49 AM
:yawnb: Meg is the oldest, then Jo, then Beth and then Amy. Beth is the one who plays the piano. I like Jo best because she has most of the fun and i love her boyish character. I don't like Aunt March because i reckon she is a grump. :lol:

Kyuyi
12-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Amy, in my opinion, is a very spoilt girl, tries to do things she couldn't, a starical young woman, and pronounced vamphire as samphire . *Swt.
But that was in the first book.
In the second book, she's still a snot. Likewise in the third and last book. Felt like strangling her. But in real life, Mrs. May is a good person.

Anyway, thank you for voting~ :goof: :banana:

Kiwi Shelf
12-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I liked all the girls in this novel, they all brought different aspects to the story. Sisters are not supposed to be alike. I choose Aunt March because there were many thing she did I did not like. I really need to read more Alcott novels.

jtoland
12-19-2005, 01:00 AM
I disliked Amy the most. She was spoiled, bratty, and always antagonized Jo. It was funny how she had a flat nose that she tried to lift with a clothespin.

Kyuyi
12-24-2005, 03:02 AM
I disliked Amy the most. She was spoiled, bratty, and always antagonized Jo. It was funny how she had a flat nose that she tried to lift with a clothespin.

That is so funny! And she blames Jo for it. Ta ha ha ha.

Mary Sue
09-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Of all the sisters, I found Meg the least interesting. She's not a bad girl at all, just rather ordinary. She marries young, has a family, does all the traditional and "normal" domestic stuff. But compared to the other girls, Meg just isn't very engrossing as a character.

The other three sisters I liked much better. Jo, of course, is everybody's favorite: she's funny, clever, lively and unconventional. Amy's bratty but also interesting, with her various silly pretensions and her tangled love life. I adored little Beth, who was an absolute sweetie. So if I had to pick a sister to dislike----though, really, I don't dislike any of them---my least favorite would have to be Meg.

bookmama
09-17-2006, 11:22 PM
Certainly Aunt March is the only unlikeable character in the book. I feel Jo's annoyance at Amy sometimes as well, but she gets better as she matures, so she's tolerable.

Bhadra
01-08-2007, 07:16 AM
:yawnb: I agree with Mary Sue. Meg isn't [B]very intrresting

Bhadra
01-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Meg isn't intresting..........

Virgrin
03-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Well, I agree with what Meg said in the first book. I thought because of Amy's young age in Little Women she managed to be kind of funny, even if she was superficial and spoiled. She made me laugh when she said the sleeves were bluer than the rest of her dress xD.

However, I hated her Miss Priss ways in Good Wives. At times I almost felt like stabbing her. She only got mildly OK till the end.

So in the first book Amy's alright. In the sequel she's a snot :sick: .

Adudaewen
03-02-2007, 02:09 PM
I have to agree with you Virgrin, I hated Amy!

BroadwayBaby
07-06-2007, 12:47 PM
I liked all of them, but I found Jo was my favorite, and I'd have to say when I first read it, I loved Meg, but I recently reread it and found her to be the least interesting of the bunch, I've always adored Beth, and I thought Amy was amusing... I haven't read any further in the series so I can't say anything about the other books

Debrah Grace
08-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Well, for that matter, I don't like Amy. She wants to be all "Lady like". Really, I think I like Jo's want of freedom and independence more flattering.

eyemaker
01-04-2008, 11:00 PM
..amy

lw<3
03-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow alot of people don't like Amy...but many people seem to like Jo.

The truth is that the sister who is most like Jo is Amy. I'm not saying this just because Amy is my favorite of the sisters. The reason Amy and Jo fight so much is because of how similar they really are. They are both trying to balance what they want with what society expects of them.

I was in the play once and we explored the relationships of all the characters alot and one of the most important things I learned that most people don't realize from reading the book is that Amy truly admires Jo and wants to be just like her, but cannot figure out how to do that.