PDA

View Full Version : The Count of Monte Cristo

Nycki
11-25-2005, 04:14 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=Navy]Hi All...

I found this site when I did a search for information on the real Edmond Dontes. Apart form finding this place with Alexandre Dumas' novel, there isnt much to find on the real man. (Or was this not based on a true story after all?) lol. Anyways...I plan to source the book and enjoy before my next study semester.

I'm a Psychology Student of 37 yrs. I have two boys aged 10 and 6 years and we live in New Zealand. I dont get much chance to do reading for pleasure, so that goes to show how highly I enjoyed this movie and how keen I am to get to know the whole/real story.

Anyways...thats enuf from me for now. Its good to be here!

Cheers
Nycki

Logos
11-25-2005, 04:31 PM
Hello Nycki

I can't help you in your quest other than to suggest google.

I've also moved this topic to the specific Dumas area of the forums, there are some topics here already, maybe some of them can help you :)

jakobin
11-25-2005, 06:18 PM
hey nycki, where in new zealand do you live?? im a new zealander, and it seems that im the only one here!!

Nycki
11-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi there!

I'm currenty in Blenheim, but I plan to move to CHCH over the xmas break!

How's it all going in WELL?

I'm hoping to get a hold of the book TCMC in the next two days coz I ordered it from the local library and it was due back about now so they tell me! I am keen to get a hold of it prior to having to get back into study!

I hope all is well with u!

:-)

Stephanie B.
12-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey yeah I though he was real too until a did a paper on the book. Actually I was quite disapponited that such an amazing character wasn't bases on something real. But still The Count of Monte Cristo is forever a favorite of mine!

Stephanie B.

closedbyrequest
05-20-2007, 06:58 AM
It was based on a true story. The person was named Pierre Picaud, not Edmond Dantes.

http://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/rschwart/hist255-s01/thenardier/renee/pierrepicaud.htm

Also, perhaps the Moderators should move this to the The Count of Monte Cristo subforum?