PDA

View Full Version : right order of his books

Taelia
11-25-2005, 03:21 PM
i know more people have probably already asked this before but since i'm new to this forum i was wondering if anybody could please give me the correct list to all his books. i just want to read them in the right order. if they could be sorted on their catogories like i know some people gave them it would be highly appreciated.

thank you all in advance.

Aramis
03-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Scroll down about halfway on this topic:
http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13079

You'll find a list with explainations there.

Taelia
03-03-2006, 05:34 PM
thank you ever so much. i am sure to check out your fanfiction stories too as i always like to read fanfiction :)

Aramis
03-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Thank you; that's very sweet. Any particular type of fanfics?

Taelia
03-03-2006, 05:55 PM
well when i started reading fanfic it was mostly harry potter fanfiction. now i just love to read them from my favourite autors. i mean that as in fanfictions based on the work of Alexandre Dumas and Francess Hodgson Burnett. I love older stories that take place in the middle ages. i wonder actually if somebody ever wrote more on Philippe or Louis for that matter. but stories on what happends to the musketeers also highly intrest me

Darlin
03-03-2006, 05:57 PM
They do have an Alexandre Dumas section at www.fanfiction.net where Aramis' stories are. You can look under author's I believe. Btw, welcome to the forum, Taelia! :wave: It's always good to have more Dumas fan's onboard! :)

dfloyd
08-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Of Dumas' Romances, I have read the D'artagnan Romances twice and last year I completed all of the Marie Antoinette Romances. Now I am going back further in time to read the Romances of Henry II, the first two volumes of which are the Two Dianas, which is really the story of Gabriel Montgommery who accidentally killed the King of France in a jousting accident.

These first two volumes number about a thousand pages, but the story moves rapidly. The two Dianas refers to Diane de Poitoirs, the mistress of Henry II, and Diane de Castro, Diane de Poitoirs daughter purportedly by Henry II. There are three volumes after these two so I'll be reading the Romances of Henry II for sometime yet.

All in all, Dumas wrote 48 volumes of his Romances, not counting his Celebrated Crimes series or his travel books. For the complete Dumas' Romances, see my post entitled 'Attention Dumas' Fans' where I have given all the Romance titles as in the English translations of circa 1890 and published by Little, Brown.