this is very personal to me. its about a friend of mine

the loneliest corner in a bedroom

so far gone.
so not the type for sympathetic eyes.
but she finds solace there.
she finds empty silence there.

she is too small in her oversized room.
but one corner is hers.
ripped wallpaper and a poor attempt at fixing it.
yeah it is all hers.

she is a ball.
see how far she can squeeze her knees to her chest.
much practice for a girl who cant get out.
he wont bother her anymore.

too much freedom given to her elders.
too many liberties to take a life.
their liberties.
her life.

who would have thought.
so many beautiful things.
but her favorite spot.
the loneliest corner in a bedroom.

right and gone

alissa
10-13-2003, 01:08 AM
wow, thats amazing. i see the connection with what i wrote. something so beautiful that is so easily lost, silently living where no one sees it for what it is. i don't know if you follow.....but i think you might know what i'm talking about. i think i might print this one out. *alissa*

Jay
10-13-2003, 04:03 AM
Great poem, right and gone. Almost felt as if I was in that room as well... and I sometimes am :rolleyes: .
I like it when you sign the poem in the end, it sometimes fits in the poem if you know what I mean... it's a nice line to end the poem.

right_and_gone
10-13-2003, 03:05 PM
thanks guys... i do like it as well, but i wish that sometimes i wish i didnt have a reason to write it... you might know what i mean... alissa, the way you have interpret it is exactly how i wrote it. for that reason being.
rightandgone

paperleaves
07-06-2009, 09:18 AM
this is trembling with sadness, the brevity of the sentences adds to that, i think, creating a beautifully heartbreaking piece. thanks for sharing.

p.s.
i love the brand new quote in your sig :)

PrinceMyshkin
07-06-2009, 10:45 AM
It's quite wonderful how you create the mood, the inner being of this friend of yours, with such objective references to the physical space she's in. On the one hand it's a deeply empathetic poem but at the same time quite respectful of her own 'space,' as if you don't want to intrude one her.

And I second paperleaves' appreciation of your signature line.