PDA

View Full Version : No doubt in my mind...

MyAngelOfMusic2
11-17-2005, 12:27 PM
I saw the movie before I read the book but totally fell in love with the story. It was absolutely captivating and just....so beautiful and passionate. I had heard that the book was just as good and I honestly cannot put it down. And I agree with most everyone here....Christine does love the Phantom, no matter what she says. She is in love with him. And Raoul annoys me. I can't stand him. Hehe. But, Raoul can never give Christine what the Phantom gives her. I haven't seen the Broadway play, but honestly, I heard the music from the original Broadway casting and was dissapointed...I didn't care for the people playing the characters: Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman. I don't deny that they have talent....I just don't believe they fully understood their characters. And I'm a Broadway freak, so that's saying something. Hehe. The book made my cry, anxious, at the edge of my seat....everything that makes me love a book. I plan on reading it over again several times. I hope some people are on my side. Ciao!

angelgirl
11-18-2005, 03:57 PM
You go for it! I totally agree with you! Christine loved the Phantom! I mean they just clicked so well together! I have heard of the story for years, I didn't know what happened at the end until recently, but I have always thought she was supposed to have loved him. While I heard the book doesn't have the same passion, there are other signs that she loved him. You go for it!
angelgirl

IrishCanadian
12-12-2005, 01:38 AM
I'm going to audition for a small town theatre's poduction of the Phantom. Wish me luck. And hopefully (if I get ANY part) i wont butchar the character as much as you say the original cast did.

emilysweety
12-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I saw the theater before I read the book. It was so enchanting! Their potentials are gifted, you noe.

jstone
12-18-2006, 10:24 PM
which phantom book did you read? the one written by gaston? i've seen the movie and loved it, the music, the story, were awsome...i'm phantomized, why did christine want to go with raoul, when eric loved her so much.....what charm did raoul have? he diden't impress me, now the phantom, that's another story.......hehe. i'm going to the stage show sat. can't wait.. hoping there's a phantom loose at the majestic............just kidding.....or not.......

Phangirl7
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
This book is awesome! People should totally read it! I saw the musical myself for the first time on June 19, 2008, a date that will live forever in my memory!
P.G.7.