PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for 2006

subterranean
11-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Hi Chris,

Please change the skin for year 2006. I've been joining this forum for almost 2 years and I'd love to see a new look for this forum (blue, mauve, green, any color you like). If we can't have skin options, least we can have new skin look.

Hope that's not a very big request...

Sub

Admin
11-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Its not too big of a request, we'll see.

starrwriter
11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Its not too big of a request, we'll see.
When I was a boy, we'll see is what my mother always said when she meant no way but didn't want to argue about it.

(Just kidding, Chris. Personally, I'm satisfied with the present skin.)

Jay
11-11-2005, 03:58 PM
I'm a bit of a dark background, light foreground junkie. I suppose it'll be nice to get the forum in dark with colorful text... but then there's nothing wrong with the current skin.

Logos
11-11-2005, 04:37 PM
:cry: I like the current scheme, I like the tones of orange because to me they're quite UNcommon on the net and to me they're easy on the eyes.. (variations of) black, blue and red schemes are more common and I find them boring.

So, hopefully if there's any change it will be optional and peeps can keep things as is if they wish. :nod:

Nightshade
11-11-2005, 04:53 PM
yupp I agree with logos anyway tyhe colours make me think of books and choclate its a good combination why mess with it
but if we had differrant options then the people who wanted it to change could change it forthemselves
or doesnt it work that way??
:D

samercury
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
:cry: I like the current scheme, I like the tones of orange because to me they're quite UNcommon on the net and to me they're easy on the eyes..
So, hopefully if there's any change it will be optional and peeps can keep things as is if they wish. :nod:

:nod: I agree :nod:.....

Admin
11-11-2005, 05:48 PM
yup, far too much blue on the net, everything is blue and cold.

Anyways, if I did add a new skin, it wouldn't be the default one, but rather an option.

Darlin
11-11-2005, 05:50 PM
I like the present colors personally - matches my avatar! But seriously it's a very nice even calming color scheme I think. Now, if you can make individual skins for a person to choose from that's always nice but if you must change the colors please, please don't go dark. Dark colors are particularly hard on the eyes especially when you look away from the monitor, or at least it is for me. No offense to those who like dark colors. Could be my ancient eyes just can't handle the dark. :D

Nightshade
11-11-2005, 05:53 PM
wait do these options mean we all see thes peoples post as differant or thatthey see all the posts in their chosen scheme?

:D

Darlin
11-11-2005, 06:06 PM
It usually means what ever skin you choose is what you'll see when you log in - everyone's post will be in your chosen color. They'll see whatever they choose.

Nightshade
11-11-2005, 06:21 PM
oh good i was having visions of tartn like mess of colours :S :sick:
id be really dizzy

Koa
11-11-2005, 09:01 PM
Uhm I just like this cos I'm used to this...
otherwise...let's have PURPLE! :D

subterranean
11-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, I prefer more cheerfull colors ;)

By the way, I created this thread to cover all suggestions for the improvement of our beloved forum for the coming years. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/1273.gif
So, anyone wants to give suggestions other than colors, please do so ;)

rachel
12-18-2005, 11:11 AM
I will be happy with whatever, especially if it makes our little Sub happy. (hello, miss you and so does Mono)
I will tell you why I love it the way it is. When I log on the colors are so ancient if you will and put me in mind immediately of an ancient library or Victorian even, calm and soothing and quiet. The shades evoke pictures of the Masters hanging about the room and that awesome heavy quiet that comes from the libraries of old old universities. It reminds me of Tolkien and brownstone buildings in England. .....
I can be totally stressed and worn out and the minute I see the page I feel at peace.
Okay I know I am probably not going to get my way, but please nothing like purple and orange -together with STICKY I know I will run screaming down the street and never be heard of again. come to think of it maybe that is not such a good thing. Perhaps there will be a world wide party if that happens and i am not prepared to give everyone such satisfaction.
oh well..

SleepyWitch
03-16-2006, 12:32 PM
hehe, I like this skin, too.. although it does remind me of sixties furniture :lol:
i like the warm colours though (could be a bit more reddish but never mind).. and it surely is a very unusual colour scheme.. most forums' colours look rather creepy (greenish), harsh (white plus some blue). this colour scheme is really cozy :) (but not cozy enough to make SleepyWitch doze :) )

Stanislaw
03-16-2006, 04:33 PM
The colour scheme kinda fits in an odd fashion...though a pirate themed skin would be so damn awesome! :thumbs_up

Pensive
03-16-2006, 09:14 PM
It is a very good colour scheme. I like it very much and it is also very cozy for me.

Virgil
03-18-2006, 09:02 PM
When I was a boy, we'll see is what my mother always said when she meant no way but didn't want to argue about it.

(Just kidding, Chris. Personally, I'm satisfied with the present skin.)
Funny I should be quoting Star, but here we are in March and no change to the color scheme. I guess his mother was right. ;)

rachel
03-19-2006, 01:50 PM
and if I have to I will beg him on bended knees to leave it just as it is. It speaks to my heart and inspires me. I think our Admin is far wiser than we know...

Anon22
03-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Funny I should be quoting Star, but here we are in March and no change to the color scheme. I guess his mother was right. ;)

yes she was indeed... yes she was indeed...