PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Worlds/ Mirror Universes

Admin
01-17-2002, 06:16 PM
The Chronicles of Narnia.

Also perhaps C.S. Lewis' "Space Trilogy." Though it has been a long time since I read it.

Michael Crichton's "Timeline" I think deals with parallel worlds, of course it justifies their existence with quantum physics.

This one is a movie, but "The Neverending Story" had a parallel world, and I think it was based on a book.

Though technically we're supposed to believe that they are on the same planet, books such as "Gulliver's Travels" or "The Lost World" could be viewed as being about travels to another world.

The Death Gate Cycle, a 7 book fantasy series by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (better known for creating Dragonlance) for the most part deals with travels among four parallel worlds.

MortalFool
There's a series of books by Philip Pullman that's really good. The first is The Golden Compass. I'd recommend it!

weirdoe
I am creating an anthology about parallel worlds (or call it 'mirror universes'), just about as in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" (Lewis Carroll) or "The Wonderful Wizard of OZ" (L. Frank Baum).
I'm also interested in SciFi- or Fantasy novels and short stories dealing with such, e.g. like "The other side of here" (Murray Leinster).

Thanks a lot for your help!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: weirdoe on 2002-01-18 09:15 ]</font>

Toose
I just read Dean Koontz's &quot;From the corner of his eye.&quot; While the book was disappointing some of the plot deals with parallel universes and the quantum connection between...

Not bad if you've nothing better to read...

Alphawolfjason
Try &quot;Men Like Gods&quot; by H.G. Wells. It involves a group of people being 'shifted' into a Utopian world. It is an excellent book and I cannot do it justice with this limited description!

Irrylath
01-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Three great book series that deals with parallel universes are A Wizard in Rhyme by Christopher Stasheff, The Dark Tower by Stephen King, and of course His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. I recommend them all very highly.

PeterL
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM
"The Wheels of If" by L. Sprague de Camp is one of the best. H. Beam Piper's books are mostly parellel universe storie, especially the Lord Kalvan stories.

ThePianoMan
01-04-2008, 10:20 AM
C.S. Lewis's Narnia series.