PDA

View Full Version : Where did Holmes and Watson meet?

Kluna
10-30-2005, 03:49 PM
The question is where did H&W meet and by whome?

tnx

novellover
10-30-2005, 04:39 PM
I believe they met through a friend of Watson who introduced him to Holmes when the former expressed a desire to find affordable accomodation in London following his return from Afganistan. I don't remember the name of the story/book that mentions this but I clearly recall having read it.
Hope that help, a bit!!

crisaor
10-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Watson & Holmes met in the chemical laboratory of a hospital where Holmes was conducting some of his experiments. They were introduced by Stamford, a mutual aquaintance, on the grounds that both were looking for affordable accomodation, as novellover said. Later on they'd both settle in the famous residence of Baker Street.

The encounter takes place in the very first book of Sherlock Holmes, A Study in Scarlet, which can be found in this site here (http://www.online-literature.com/doyle/study_scarlet/).

Kluna
10-31-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanx a lot :)

Pendragon
10-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Further, the hospital was St. Bart's...... :wave:

Reichenbach
04-02-2006, 10:06 AM
It is all explained in "A Study in Scarlet" a book that I highly recomend! It is the first of Holmes' cases that Watson chronicled and is, in my opinion, one of the best. It starts when Holmes and watson club together to buy affordable rooms in Baker Street, Watson is intrigued with his new roommate and goes out of his way to find out anything and everything about him, Holmes finds that Watson's gift of silence makes him a perfect companion and a friendship is formed!