PDA

View Full Version : Magnificent, there's no other word for it.

Opaleye
10-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Quite so, quite so. I've read it thrice now. First when I was still a wee lass on the brink of adolescence; next when I was in in the middle of it and in a very moody, Byronic state; and now, when I am on the edge of its end, about to be catapulted into adulthood and all its (supposed) joys and sorrows.

This time, I cried. I was quietly sobbing my heart out by the very last line of Chapter 47; something had moved me so deeply this time that I couldn't restrain myself. Perhaps it was the fun of it, the warmth and beauty of domestic life, or simply the great and bountiful felicity that the March family, etc had cultivated in and around them(selves) - something that I have yet to achieve.

I adore this book with all my heart. It is one of my favourites and I am quite, quite sure that I will read it again, for I am certain that I shall cherish it for as long as I shall live and most definitely will encourage my own children to familiarise themselves with it. It is such a book that should and has been passed down from generation to generation, beloved by many, and I, for one, will continue the tradition.