PDA

View Full Version : I salute Humanity ...

Opaleye
10-24-2005, 07:23 AM
... and march gaily into the throng, halting in the middle of a brimming room, hands on dauntless hips, and exclaim loudly, "Well, what ho!" and flail my arms in a comical manner.

Humanity does smile and widen its eyes with avid interest at this poignant little spectacle of invincible enthusiasm, jaunty wit and quixotic spirit, propagated by a character so abundant in determination and amiability alike.

And as Humanity comes to inquire of myself, the presently reclined heroine, (volatile and disagreeable by turns), how for myself I supposes the future may evolve, it is with a jerk of the head, shrug of the shoulders and a raising of the brows that I clap a small, flighty hand on rounded knee and, like a modern Alcibiades, declare, "By the gods, Socrates, I cannot tell!"

:rolleyes:

Miss Melodrama, if you will. :)

Logos
10-24-2005, 08:27 AM
Hello Miss Melodrama :) welcome to the Literature Network.

Say, are you a playwright? I think you'd do a good job of it if you were!

Opaleye
10-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Logos, thank you for your kind welcome and appreciative comments! :banana:

At present I am not a playwright, though I have entertained the thought of such a career. If I were to become one, I would certainly take great inspiration from Oscar Wilde's marvellous comedy, "The Importance of Being Earnest". (If you've not read/seen it yet, what are you waiting for?!) I thank you sincerely for your encouragement.

See you around! :)

Darlin
10-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Welcome, Opaleye. :wave: I think you'll fit right in! I quite enjoyed your post!

Darlin
10-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Welcome, Opaleye. :wave: I think you'll fit right in! :) I quite enjoyed your post!