PDA

View Full Version : A little game, just for fun!

Reichenbach
10-22-2005, 03:22 PM
I will write an event or situation. You will have to imagine you are Holmes himself and tell me what you would do, you will have multiple choice. Every fortnight or so (bonus points if you can tell me which book it came from), I will post the answers and a new riddle! Here's and easy one to start . . .

You are trying to retrieve a photograph from someone elses possesion so as to avoid scandal. You must first get into the house and then get everyone out of the house. After getting in through a fake injury, you decide you have to find the pictures place of hiding. What do you do?

1) Set fire to one room of the house and hope the picture isn't there

2) Position lots of men inside the house and make it look like armed robbery so that the hiding place will be revealed

3) Fake a fire and discover where the hidden place is

Answer 1, 2 or 3!

Pendragon
10-31-2005, 11:34 AM
I will write an event or situation. You will have to imagine you are Holmes himself and tell me what you would do, you will have multiple choice. Every fortnight or so (bonus points if you can tell me which book it came from), I will post the answers and a new riddle! Here's and easy one to start . . .

You are trying to retrieve a photograph from someone elses possesion so as to avoid scandal. You must first get into the house and then get everyone out of the house. After getting in through a fake injury, you decide you have to find the pictures place of hiding. What do you do?

1) Set fire to one room of the house and hope the picture isn't there

2) Position lots of men inside the house and make it look like armed robbery so that the hiding place will be revealed

3) Fake a fire and discover where the hidden place is

Answer 1, 2 or 3!3 A Scandal in Bohemia :nod:

Bluebiird
10-31-2005, 12:07 PM
3. I knew what happened, but I couldn't remember the title.

Reichenbach
11-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Well done!
Next one . . .

You are told, by a worried land-lady, that a man is paying rent on a room, but has never, but once come out of it exept for food and even then, no one has seen him. What do you do?

1. Break down the door to see who is in there.

2. Position yourself in a hidden place and try to catch a glimpse of him when he comes out for food.

3. Scale the wall and try to climb through a window undetected.

Pendragon
12-06-2005, 08:36 AM
2, The Adventure of the Red Circlehttp://www.smileyville.net/mellow/mf_sherlock.gif

Pendragon
01-26-2006, 08:30 AM
If you aren't going to keep up with your game, why post it? http://www.smileyville.net/mellow/mf_sherlock.gif

Reichenbach
02-12-2006, 09:35 AM
I am really sorry it has been a while, we haven't had a computer in our house for several months now! I nearly died! ;)

Well, lets try again . . .

You are examining a walking stick, left at your house when you were out early thismorning. Watson has told you that he believed that the man was elderly, upper class and the stick had been given to the owner by his local hunt due to the letters C.C.H. You believe that what Watson has dedueced from the stick is wrong. You tell him that it is a youngish man who is absent minded. What else do you deduce?

1. That the man has a small dog that chews on the stick and that he was given the stick by a hospital.

2. That the man is over six foot and walks with a limp.

3. The man is a professional beggar that used to be a distinguished sportsman.

Once again, sorry for the delay. 1, 2 or 3?

Bullpup
02-20-2006, 09:11 PM
1. Hound of the Baskervilles :nod:

pan_is_dead
03-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I say '**** it' and go home.