PDA

View Full Version : omg..

randi06
10-17-2005, 08:20 PM
this book is definately the worst book i have ever attempted to read. i swear i could not read three pages without falling asleep. it was a complete waste of time and money. this conrad guy should seriously be shunned. wow..i hate that man. and now i have to do a dumbass project for it...anyone know what the hell kurtz would never relinquish, one thing he learned, one thing he would like to accomplish, something his family valued, something he excels in and something he would like to exel in, and three words that should be on his tombstone? cuz i have no fing clue. :flare:

yellowfeverlime
10-17-2005, 08:24 PM
I hate bad books, look at the Worst Books in the World, and make sure you avoid those books listed too. GOOD LUCK!

Darlin
10-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Nice to see you, Yellow! :)

yellowfeverlime
10-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I know, nice to see me too!
lol

priyu4you
01-04-2006, 03:14 PM
does anyone have ready answers to conrad's heart of darkness. i have an exam in a few days................................

Virgil
01-04-2006, 04:28 PM
Sure. I'll meet you at the corner of your street tonight at 8PM and give them to you. See you later.

Virgil
01-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Hey I was there at 8 PM, and you weren't. Now you're out of luck. You'll have to study.

chmpman
01-05-2006, 02:30 AM
I read a bit of H of D online (I still hope to finish it in book form), but liked it quite a bit. What didnt you like about it? One suggestion I have: Watch the movie Apocalypse Now, and do your report from that, but maybe that's a bad idea.

Virgil
01-06-2006, 03:15 AM
Apocalypse Now, the movie was kind of based on H of D, but just the general structure of the work. Too many differences I think to help.

rainbow_kitkat
04-06-2006, 06:34 AM
anyone know what the hell kurtz would never relinquish, one thing he learned, one thing he would like to accomplish, something his family valued, something he excels in and something he would like to exel in, and three words that should be on his tombstone? cuz i have no fing clue. :flare:
If you're still looking for some help... this is just my opinion, mind, and I'm not pretending to be an expert or anything...

Kurtz excelled in gaining power, like when Marlow is talking with the brickmaker in part 1 the brickmaker is saying 'He is a prodigy...He is an emissary of pity and science and progress, and devil knows what else...he comes here, a special being... Today he is chief of the best station, next year he will be assistant-manager, two years more and . . . but I dare-say you know what he will be in two years' time.' He goes on some more about him.
He also excelled in getting ivory for the Company, so you could put that as well.. I think Kurtz wanted to have power, like many of the other people in the book.

The words on his tombstone is really up to you, you could put something like 'cheated on fiancee' ;) but something like 'power, fame and money' could work.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help any more..