PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere in the night

Anna Seis
10-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Hello everybody, I just have registered. Excuse me if I mistreat English, I hardly speak Spanish and a little French. I saw you have a sub-forum about John Donne. It's great! I discovered Donne in a William Faulkner's novel, The town. And Sonnet X was the first Donne's poem I had read. Sometimes I think he is, anyway, the British Gongora.
But my crazy race across Literature Forums is because I am searching for an English version of Blue Octavo Notebooks, by Kafka. You know, I get a German version, Die Oktavehefte. The text I am looking for describes the fall of a city from a soldier point of view; those who live at the city have wings, but they didn`t use them, because they dont't want leave their city, nor they dead, nor they country. Is there anybody who find it familiar and wish help? I would be very grateful. Bye

Darlin
10-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Can't help you with your search but welcome, Anna Seis. :wave:

Logos
10-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Hello Anna Seis, welcome to the Literature Network. A quick search for the Blue Notebooks comes up only with sites with excerpts from them. Maybe a used bookstore in your area would help? :)

Darlin
10-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Anna, there're quite a few fans of Donne here. We just got a new member, samanthachive. Maybe you two can discuss his works. Just a thought.

samercury
10-17-2005, 06:58 PM
Hello Anna Seis :wave:

Welcome to the Forum :D. Sorry, can't help you with the book that you're looking for :(

subterranean
10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
I guess other newbie, Samantha, also likes Donne. So maybe you two can share as well.

Welcome :wave:

yellowfeverlime
10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
I see a full p/m system

Anna Seis
11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Of course, this is not a Quick reply at all; but I had forgiven my password. Itīs for my condition (Did you see "Memento"?). I want thank you all for answering me. I thought, If I donīt find an English version of the Notebook Two, I will try to translate it by myself, and I'll send you a copy. I really enjoyed reading it, and I would like to share it.

(Far away from sea and the beauty of war...)
(It's Borges)