PDA

View Full Version : Part 1

Rachy
10-11-2005, 03:57 PM
OK I wrote this for my school magazine in like thirty seconds because they needed something quick and it's like the first part of a series that they decided that they wanted me to do after they read it. It's not great, I've written better I just wondered what you guys thought! Kind of nervous though because I only really show my friends my work!

Lauren couldn’t look at the face of the man sitting opposite her. He had been staring into her eyes for over an hour now and she felt sick every time his lips curled into a small smile. He had the power over her and she knew it.
As he sat up the man began to play with the lamp that was placed beside him and he sighed. This had been going on too long and he knew it had to end soon. Lauren was too young to be here. She needed to be got rid of. He began to slowly stroke the knife in his pocket.
“So Lauren.” She flinched as his voice hissed her name “What are we going to do with you?”
Lauren sat in silence as tears began to brim in her eyes. ‘Don’t let him see you cry’ she thought ‘That’s what he wants’.
He got up and stood behind her. She felt his hand slowly sweep the back of her hair as he bent low so his lips could reach her ear.
“I think your mummy and daddy would be very happy to see you!”
Lauren turned her head slowly to once again look in his eyes, “You’re going to let me go?”
“Finally she talks! Not as such…They will see you again, just not in the way they would hope.”
Lauren felt the incredible urge to throw up as the man smiled once again. He had been fumbling around in his pocket for a while now and she had begun to worry. What was he doing? He finally pulled his hand out, but she couldn’t see what was in it. She tried discreetly looking, but it was no use, he had already placed the item behind his back. Not that she needed to see what it was, she knew that it was something that was going to kill her.
Lauren sat up straight in her chair and held her hands delicately on her lap. She closed her eyes as he circled in on her and sat on the floor directly opposite.
“I haven’t always been like this you know!” Lauren’s eyes flicked open “I used to be a nice guy! I had a wife and everything, until she ran…”
He stopped as if realizing what he was saying. He grabbed Lauren’s hand and looked at it intently. “You have such pretty hands.”
Lauren once again closed her eyes. She didn’t want her last images of life to be that of the old, grey, dirty man sat in front of her. She thought of her mum, and her dad, and her baby brother, of the day he was born, how happy she had felt and how happy her family had felt, this was going to be the last image that she saw.
She could sense the man closing in on her as the images of her brother became ever so clearer. She felt the hand held tightly around her head. She felt the breath of the man upon her check. She felt the cold blade against her skin.

Nightshade
10-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Well Ive already said this to you rachy and Ill say it again see proof you are a story person! :nod:
loved it ! especially if its a serial its got enough suspence to make me want the next one ( so hurry up and post it:hint).
bit dark still Im hoping she will escape(big HINT)
so why did his wife leave hm?? is he a real psycho or circumstance is he even human and how did he cauch her and umm whys he gonna kill her??

:D