PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Heights

EmmyB
10-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Wuthering heights is only to be appreciated by the artist,one who can capture every word, holding the image of almost what the author wrote, through her amazing talent in literature. What she created, carries the reader to wonderful heights,each word draws in the reader, they hang on to each and every word, each sentence. The ones that can truly understand the character Heathcliffe and his obsession over his soul friend, his breathe of life, "The Catherine," and who can feel the hunger he felt, needing "his life,"by just reading this fantasic love story, is complimented by the author as an artist themselves who appreciates what she intended to achieve through her creative talent as a writer. The book is truly far more sophisticated than any of shakespeare's and her poetry made much more sense.
Looking forward to the sequel to Wuthering Heights....Now that is spooky! :)

Skyler
10-07-2005, 07:03 AM
Remove this post.

Skyler
10-07-2005, 07:08 AM
Wuthering Heights has been my favorite book since I read it for the first time when I was about 13. I have read it so many times that I lost count. The love that Heathcliff has for Catherine is pure and is the love of a complete soul mate. His love is not basrd upon her status or lack thereof or of what anyone else thinks. Catherine too has that love for Heathcliff. She says "I am Heathcliff. However she is affected by what someone will think, and finds out too late what she has done to herself and Heathcliff. I think I am still waiting for my Heathcliff to come along and sweep me off my feet.
There has been a book written about Heathcliff's life during the years he disappeared. I do not like the book because the character of Heacliff is not the Heathcliff in my heart. However, the book is interesting in that it ties the other Bronte sister books into the plot. The title is H. The Story of Heacliff's Journey Back to Wuthering Heights[/U];the author is Lin Haire-Sargent.