PDA

View Full Version : scamed again

sadpoet
09-29-2005, 01:31 AM
I have been writing poetry for over eight years, somewhere along the line I ended up on poetry.com my passion right just to write and be seen. I found out today after typing in google to find internation library of poetry to find that this whole thing was a scam something that is too good to be true always in i won editor awards and even today i submitted another poem today because i was reconized for "poem of the year of 2005" i was so tempted to finally buy a book to show my family im so glad i waited i found out that many people who put there money into this never got a book. I am so dissapointed but not only that i am truly hurt emotionallly these people should be stoped the thing is this place is only an half an hour away from here one poetry plaze in owing mills I dont think that really exists at all. Im just at a point where i poured my heart into this to think that i was actully going to be rewarded with somthing to be proud of instead i recieved paper upon paper email upon email that i was just a good writer I am and they thought they could take that passion away from me there the ones at wrong they just happen to open my eyes to a brighter future im so use to going to that site can anyone tell me if my poems will be safe? Thankyou Heather Hersh

Aurora Ariel
09-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Hello sadpoet,
I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate entanglement with the poetry scam.I have previously been wary of posting my own poems at some sites which I was a bit wary of, but, then I found, almost by a sudden accident, this site which, thankfully, is safe to post your work!It's good you have also discovered this site and may start to feel a little better now.I would love to read some of your poems if you are comfortable about sharing any.Good luck with your poetry!:)

Logos
09-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Hello Heather, welcome to the Literature Network :)

I'm very sorry to read that you are yet another who's been scammed! I'm not sure about how you mean `if my poems will be safe'?

I hope it hasn't totally made you lose your interest in sharing your poetry with others. We have a section of this website, linked below, that is for people like you to post your own poems and get ratings and comments on them, and a little contest of monthly prizes.

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13231

mono
09-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Greetings, sadpoet.
Unfortunately we hear of many, many poets falling to the joke of Poetry.com (and I stand among them :(), yet hopefully you will find much more satisfaction, virtue, and honesty in this site, as I have. Who knows - perhaps the scam of Poetry.com only motivates the creativity in the excited emotions of poets to write more. :D

sadpoet
09-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Hello sadpoet,
I'm sorry to hear of your unfortunate entanglement with the poetry scam.I have previously been wary of posting my own poems at some sites which I was a bit wary of, but, then I found, almost by a sudden accident, this site which, thankfully, is safe to post your work!It's good you have also discovered this site and may start to feel a little better now.I would love to read some of your poems if you are comfortable about sharing any.Good luck with your poetry!:)
title perfections are limited
Everyday's perfection comes as a matter of choice, everyday can't be a happy finish.What comes will always come,what is will always be;unless you change the obvious, unless you change yourself, everyday could just slip by no
matter who you try to please no matter
what you think you will succeed,
everyday can't be perfect.Because perfections are limited
in this world and only a few can
come by
them.Everyday could be perfect but
nobody is perfect; yeah we all
have our dreams and talents to
become somthing great within this world.
But only you can make the
differnce and change; "change is the one thing that will always remain constant"
the law of science knows that one thing
will always be: Perfections are
limited so take a stand and BE!
copyright Heather Hersh

sadpoet
09-30-2005, 10:14 AM
This is the last poem i have written before i found out about the scam of poetry.com its not my best but maybe ill have a chance to post them later or go to of course poetry.com and type in burgess burgess or heathre burgess and i have two poems located there for now called where this world turns and love. you can feel free to read them at the time they were my best. Heather Hesh sad poet for Aurora Ariel

sadpoet
09-30-2005, 10:19 AM
I wanted to know if my poems will be safe still on poetry.com or is there a way to take them down? I know they will be safe here this looks of a whole lot better site to trust. Thankyou for responding sad poet.

Hello Heather, welcome to the Literature Network :)

I'm very sorry to read that you are yet another who's been scammed! I'm not sure about how you mean `if my poems will be safe'?

I hope it hasn't totally made you lose your interest in sharing your poetry with others. We have a section of this website, linked below, that is for people like you to post your own poems and get ratings and comments on them, and a little contest of monthly prizes.

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13231

sadpoet
09-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Thankyou for replying to me you gave me motivation where i feel i almost had none to motivate. I have found honestly within this site and feel quite at ease to post my poems here. Maybe you can tell me on one poem if i am actully a good writer. thanks for you time and comfort. sad poet

Everyday's perfection comes as a matter of choice, everyday can't be a happy finish.What comes will always come,what is will always be;unless you change the obvious, unless you change yourself, everyday could just slip by no
matter who you try to please no matter
what you think you will succeed,
everyday can't be perfect.Because perfections are limited
in this world and only a few can
come by
them.Everyday could be perfect but
nobody is perfect; yeah we all
have our dreams and talents to
become somthing great within this world.
But only you can make the
differnce and change; "change is the one thing that will always remain constant"
the law of science knows that one thing
will always be: Perfections are
limited so take a stand and BE!
Copyright Heather Hersh
Where This World Turns
Dedicated To Andrew Hersh

every leaf is unfurled
every momentis captured,
every candle burns
eternal. Where this world
turns everyone is loved and no one
has to question. Every clock is
on hour, and every minute
together with you lasts a lifetime.
Every smile and every heartbeat
I hear keeps me moving for better and happier
times to spend. Where this
world turns Im the
only one who matters and nothing
in this world could
part us.Where this world
turns its only you and me. Where
this world turns life awaits us. My worldturns cause of you.

Heather Nicole Burgess (hersh)

QUOTE=mono]Greetings, sadpoet.
Unfortunately we hear of many, many poets falling to the joke of Poetry.com (and I stand among them :(), yet hopefully you will find much more satisfaction, virtue, and honesty in this site, as I have. Who knows - perhaps the scam of Poetry.com only motivates the creativity in the excited emotions of poets to write more. :D[/QUOTE]

Logos
09-30-2005, 10:58 AM
I wanted to know if my poems will be safe still on poetry.com or is there a way to take them down? I know they will be safe here this looks of a whole lot better site to trust. Thankyou for responding sad poet.

I'm not sure how you get poems posted there in the first place?
did the website owners post them or did you?
(like here you can edit your own posts)
Do they claim ownership of your poems?

If not I'd email them a polite request to immediately remove them, and cc the letter to my lawyer :)