PDA

View Full Version : Quietly sneaks in.

~Maude~
09-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Hello,
My name is Maude and I've been lurking around for awhile and plan on doing the same more often :) I love to read and I'm always looking for new books. I'm not quite as comfortable writing so may not post much but I did think I should at least introduce myself.

shortysweetp
09-26-2005, 02:24 PM
welcome to the forum. i like your avatar. What kind of books do you like??

~Maude~
09-26-2005, 02:31 PM
I like a bit of everything, this year some of my favorite reads have been Devil in the White City by Erik Larson, Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber, Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, the Handmaid's Tale by Magaret Atwood and a Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson :)

Logos
09-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Hello Maude welcome to the Literature Network :)

Darlin
09-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Hi and welcome! I love your avatar, it's adorable.

mono
09-27-2005, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the forum, Maude! :wave:
It sounds like you have a very decent, respectable taste in literature, and, do not worry, no one should push you to post your own writing (I feel very shy myself ;)).
Hopefully you will have a wonderful time on the forums!

~Maude~
09-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome,

I'm looking forward to finding some great books and getting to know you all a bit better, Thanks again :)

Koa
09-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Hey, welcome...good idea to introduce yourself even if you dont feel like posting much but dont be too quiet, we enjoy people posting (I mean anything, not posting your stuff etc...) :):):) We're a talkative bunch...some of us at least...*points at those junkies with more than 1000 posts* :D:D:D

subterranean
09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
and a Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

I ask a friend (who is travelling abroad at the moment) to buy me a copy of that book..I read the excerpt and it sounds interesting.

Welcome :wave:

~Maude~
09-28-2005, 12:40 AM
I ask a friend (who is travelling abroad at the moment) to buy me a copy of that book..I read the excerpt and it sounds interesting.

Welcome :wave:

I thought it was very interesting and I don't often read nonfiction, this year I've read 3 very good nonfiction books, the 2 listed prior and the Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester. I was pleasantly surprised by all 3. They gave a lot of information and were entertaining enough not to hurt my brain in the process :)

Aurora Ariel
09-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Hello, Maude:)
I also send my welcome to you!I'm from Australia and hope you enjoy the forum.Great to see another Bill Bryson fan!You haven't happened to go on one of his European tours have you?Anyway, I hope to read many more posts from you.Best Wishes-Bye!

amuse
09-28-2005, 04:52 PM
mm, i like your location, and the title of this thread. Welcome! :)