PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for those hit by Rita and Katrina

Ancestor
09-25-2005, 06:18 AM
I know there are some whom do not believe in prayer but I am asking those whom do to say a prayer to those whom have been hit by Rita and Katrina. If you do not believe in prayers I am sure you have helped those in need another way. I for one am sending healing thoughts to those whom were killed and whom are left behind. I hope that there will not be another one to hit us anytime soon. Thank you. :)

Pendragon
09-25-2005, 07:33 AM
Unfortunately, since my disability would make me part of the problem, not part of the solution, prayer and a donation of money is all I am able to do. I would like to donate my time to help in a more personal way, but they have enough problems dealing with the devestation on hand. My nephew, who is a paramedic, is down there now, doing his part to help those in need. I'd be right there with him if I could...

rachel
10-02-2005, 05:31 PM
I did pray and especially for the little children who cannot possibly understand. I believe in the miraculous and divine nature of prayer and have seen more true and astonishing things, to my mind miracles than I could recount in a week. And sometimes when i have been my worst, someone I don't even like, I have cried out to God in my distress and the answer has been swift, decisive and overwhelming. which tells me He answers and loves to bless us regardless of our mistakes. But we must not quit praying for them for the anguish is really just starting. at first people are numb and busy trying to do things in an emergency mode. but then little by little thoughts come and then the tears, the pain, the anger and the hopelessness. that is when our prayers are like pure gold, tried and tested in the fires and they will do a powerful lot of good.
'for the prayer of a righteous man achieves much.'