PDA

View Full Version : The South Park Version

staygreentoday
09-25-2005, 12:37 AM
Having not read the book...this version was short, to the point, and quite amusing. After reading a few of the summaries on site here it looks like I've saved myself a few weeks of reading. The english actor lead from Clockwork Orange was narrator for this version. Did I miss much? :confused:

mono
09-25-2005, 12:18 PM
Hello, staygreentoday.
Whether 'you missed much' or not in Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, I think, really depends on your taste of literature. This novel, I would have to call my favorite by Dickens (and he wrote several novels), but others may disagree.
In a very short summary, Great Expectations regards tragedy, infatuation, longing for love, fixations in childhood, nostalgia, some fairly dark, mysterious themes with a few characters (particularly Miss Havisham), and unforgettable characters.
Hopefully, if you intend on reading it, you enjoy it. :)

Kluna
10-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Hello, staygreentoday.
Whether 'you missed much' or not in Charles Dickens' Great Expectations, I think, really depends on your taste of literature. This novel, I would have to call my favorite by Dickens (and he wrote several novels), but others may disagree.
In a very short summary, Great Expectations regards tragedy, infatuation, longing for love, fixations in childhood, nostalgia, some fairly dark, mysterious themes with a few characters (particularly Miss Havisham), and unforgettable characters.

Signing this!

~Maude~
11-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Hello, staygreentoday.

This is my favorite by Dickens as well and Miss Havisham has always been one of my favorite characters. I know that there are many Dickens critics and it appears not many here liked Great Expectations but I really, really liked it.