PDA

View Full Version : Reset-1st poem.

Dyrwen
09-15-2003, 12:45 AM
Howdeh.. sort of a "first post" here, more of a Third, but my first on my own. To set up a little, I've had many many Windows problems with reboots randomly as of late. It's been taking a toll on my computerized life, and I've been doing many similar poems like these. I'll give this one a shot here...enjoy, I suppose.

Reset
The source of yourself, lost in a crash;
trapped in lost space, of a heaving breathing gash.
Looking for a meaning, with poetic reprecussions;
losing the point, with all this heartfelt confusion.

I sought the purpose through an artistic decision,
lost my joy in a career spent without living.
Seeking forever, a way to just be;
without life interferring, disallowing the real me.

Wanting and waiting, for a chance to try;
to give up an attempt, at not wanting to die.
Hoping and wishing, for that day to come;
when I want to just survive, instead of seeking a gun.

right_and_gone
09-17-2003, 08:21 PM
wow, deep. 8) , i love it, i have a couple of poems that i print out from this forum, and this one is definately one that i will be printing out

Dyrwen
09-18-2003, 03:28 PM
Thanks. I tend to print out my own poems, since few can really read my handwriting when I first do it. heh..

Koa
09-21-2003, 11:02 AM
I really like the subject... such a 'silly' thing as a damn computer crashing can inspire not-silly thoughts...
It's a nice change from all the usual themes... it's great to be able to write like this. :)

Dyrwen
09-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Well, when you live on the computer as much as I do. Things get pretty powerful with your anger and despair towards a machine that supposedly is effective in it's actions.

den
09-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Ah, but there's the rub, not to allow machines and crap to take over the quality of your life, a vicarious existence.

Dyrwen
09-22-2003, 09:11 PM
What if all one enjoys, is the disillusionment of a computing life?

Hehe..

den
09-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Then digital is your drug. ;)

den
09-23-2003, 10:06 AM
C'mon Dyrwen, you're a creative guy! try out the haiku thread! please??

Dyrwen
09-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Try out the Haiku thread (http://home.triad.rr.com/dyrwen/photoaweek_2003.htm). Spose I can give it a shot... *snickers..*