PDA

View Full Version : hi there

book_worm
09-24-2005, 05:40 AM
hi there :wave:
Salam
i'm a person who's so in luv with literature and i spend most of my daylife reading literature
i like d.h. lawarance , milton , pope, wordsworth, chaucer, shakespeare, but my favourite is hawthorne
i also love mythology so i read the iliad , the odyssey, the aenid ,and oedipus rex
i also like translated literature like russian , spanish, french, and arabic , so i read don quixote(spanish) , war and peace (russian) madam bovary (french), and the arabian nights (arabic) and so on and so forth

i'm so determined to read at least one thousand books in my lifetime
bye

Logos
09-24-2005, 08:04 AM
book_worm, you've got a really wide range of reading interests! welcome to the Literature Network :)

shortysweetp
09-24-2005, 11:03 AM
wow nice list of literature. I am currently somewhere in Madame Bovary its one of a few that I am in the middle of. I really like Homer's work. Well Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy it here

mono
09-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Obviously you have quite a diversity of tastes in literature, book_worm, and we share many favorite authors, too, though I have not read a lot of Alexander Pope, only a few works.
I think you will fit in the forum very well, and I really hope you enjoy it. Take care! :)

B-Mental
09-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Welcome, can you recommend any other arabic literature to me. I liked the Arabian Nights, but anything you think I couldn't do without?

subterranean
09-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Great books/authors you have there. Welcome :wave: