PDA

View Full Version : Onion

Vince
09-23-2005, 02:10 PM
I am Vince. Not being computer lit., it has been an ordeal trying to figure out how to say hello. Received an e mail from my daughter with poem about prayer in schools, etc...I responded in an unpassionate way simply disagreeing with the poem. Received a quick e mail response from a " Brian", who was very passionate about the issues. The process led me to look up the novel 1984. I stumbled on this website. I became interested in the responses to questions regarding the Proles. Anyhow it has been enjoyable, and I may use this website again. The onion reference is to the discovery upon peeling the layers. Similar to the idea of the Thread.

mono
09-24-2005, 12:36 PM
Hello, Vince, welcome to the forum. The story of how you found this forum, and the onion analogy, sound very interesting. For better or worse, it seems a lot of debate has surrounded religious practices in public schools, and I hardly know what to think of it, but at least it brought you to the genius of George Orwell's 1984.
Hopefully you will come visit us more, Vince. ;)

amuse
09-24-2005, 05:22 PM
what a fascinating way to discover the forums; thank you for sharing and welcome. you might not be computer lit, but sound very focused and interested in new ideas, which is much more important. really enjoyed the "onion" analogy, btw. :nod:

Stanislaw
09-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Wicked, I came to the forums back in '03 for 1984 as well, 'twould appear a comminality.

Welcome!

subterranean
09-25-2005, 08:27 PM
As always...warm welcome from Subterranean to all new comers :nod:

:wave: