PDA

View Full Version : ISO Poe Short Plays

marymac
09-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Hello All,

I'm new here and am seeking short plays by Victorian writers, specifically in the horror genre, a la Poe and others right for the evening.

This is for my staged reading company's October presentation, "Quoth the Raven," a collection of Victorian era scary stories. For more on my company, visit www.readerstheatrerep.org.

I hope to find plays rather than short stories that need adapting... and as long as I'm making a wish list, I hope to find the play published online!

Anything from 5 minutes to 30 minutes would be great.

Thanks for any help you can provide -- please feel free to email me directly if you have any suggestions!

Mary McDonald-Lewis
[email protected]
www.marymac.com

mono
09-22-2005, 01:31 PM
I do not think that Edgar Allan Poe wrote any plays, but one could, no doubt, easily turn several of his short stories or narrative poems into short plays (I could especially see "The Cask Of Amontillado"), or you could try a few adaptions from H.P. Lovecraft or Horace Walpole works, or from Robert Louis Stevenson's Markheim, and maybe Gaston Leroux's The Phantom Of The Opera.
Unfortunately, I apologize, I do not really know of any specific plays that classify as horror from the era, but I will report back if I find any more.
Good luck! :D