PDA

View Full Version : A new message

suvarna nalapat
09-17-2005, 08:07 PM
Goodday to everyone.
Poetry is akin to music.Both comes to one quite suddenly and without our knowing that it is coming.May be it is the quest for a hidden truth in us which fills us with ecstacy,or the pain of life or the beauty of nature which makes an outburst from our inner depths.A call from our hearts.The words just pour out of us with no restraint,sometimes in a trancelike state.We feel like a bird or a child singing just for the pleasure of singing.Not for any other reason.
When a genuine voice of poetry and music is heard ,the nature listens because it is mirroring her own beauty.Her own pristine purity and that is what we call divinity in human nature.One cannot make poetry like manufacturing nuts and bolts.It has to flow from within like a stream,a raincloud or an ocean of delight.
This message comes to all of you from India ,the land of iyal(literature),isai(music)and nataka(drama)and of the veda and advaitha(oneness of all living and nonliving things in God).May God bless you.

Satine
09-17-2005, 08:15 PM
What a beautiful introduction. Welcome!

mono
09-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Wow, never has anyone introduced himself/herself so eloquently. I send many warm welcomes to the forum, suvarna nalapat, and I hope you enjoy it here with your obvious passion for literature.
Much of what you say reminds me of Immanuel Kant's and Ralph Waldo Emerson's proclamation that "art imitates nature," which I cannot but agree. The idea of inspiration has always intrigued me - what inspires other people, how we get inspired, and the art/idea/theory that comes from it.
Hopefully we will see you around more on the forum. :)

subterranean
09-18-2005, 07:43 AM
Totally agree with what you said (though I'm not an Indian :)). Besides India, IMO, China is also a land of great literatures, music, and drama. Welcome on board and hope you visit this place often

:wave:

This message comes to all of you from India ,the land of iyal(literature),isai(music)and nataka(drama)and of the veda and advaitha(oneness of all living and nonliving things in God).May God bless you.

Logos
09-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Hello suvarna nalapat, I bet you've got some great poetry to share with us! Welcome to the Lit Network :)

suvarna nalapat
06-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Thanks to all of you for the comments.
Infact I have read a little bit of Emerson and Thoreu from my great grand uncle's library during childhood.And I do write poetry in Malayalam which is a regional language spoken in Kerala,God's own country.But occasionally I do write in English as well.Which I will share with you.
This is one of my Krishna Poems..
You and I is the title of the poem.Only when the difference of You and I merge and no difference exist between creation and created ,the ultimate oneness of Advaitha happens .This is the idea behind Indian philosophy.Please do read the poem and internalise the love and compassion behind the ideal .In this poem ,Meera,the devotee speaks intimately with Krishna,the God of Vrindavan.
YOU AND I
I am a blue pearl decorating a blue body
A peacock feather in a soft crown
Starry garland in a shining hair.
I am soft music within a lovely flute
Awakened into a golden wavy ocean
A golden yellow silky garment
Waving in breeze in a raasa dance.

My throat and heart pains,stifled
Remembering a lost familiar song
And a lost face through thousands of births
I have known the essence of art
From a smiling face of a cowherd
Hey,Giridhar Krishna,
The one who stole Meera’s mind,
You are everything
You are me
And I you,
Aham Brahmasmi is just a word
When we are one
In a split second of ecstacy.

A golden star beyond,
A waveless ocean within
A thousand petalled lotus blooms
Blissful moments passby,unending.
I wait patiently forever
To offer the timeless garland of yugaas
At your feet when you come!
Listening only to Thy music
I have become a star to merge in your blue expanse.
The music,the flower,the bliss personified,
The earth and heaven

And the meghmalhar
Awakened in your flute
The knowledge beyond all knowledge
The aesthetics of anesthesia
The consciousness within you
Which has lost its consciousness
Of you and me
In a final laya!!!