PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Hello?

should'veknown
09-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Hello, is this thing on? :p I was so happy to find this forum!! I found it by accident really. I was trying to check on a book I was / or am suppose to be published in, International Who's Who In Poetry but instead I find this site and WHOA!!!!!!!!!! (thought I was somebody and found out I was scammed.) Wish I'd seen this forum $57.95 ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So everyone who enters a contest at their site, Poetry.com gets acknowledged in some way for outstanding achievement of some kind, whether it's earned or not? You think you've really accomplished something and then this!! Smack to my face for sure!! Boy that sucks!!!

I know I write good poetry though!!!

Should've known!!

Koa
09-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Hey hello and I hope you'll stick around...

It's incredible how many people get here and confess they've been scammed by poetry.com, I mean it's just incredible how popular that thing seems to be!!!

Whatever...welcome and come back to post loads more! :) You can post your poetry at our personal poetry section if you think it's good ...or even if you think it's bad anyway :) That's what we all do :nod:

mono
09-17-2005, 09:38 PM
It seems that over time, more and more of us get scammed through Poetry.com. Hopefully, someday more amateur poets will realize and spread the word, allowing them to receive no more poetry for their apparent contest. With your comments, I see you may have already seen the threads devoted to Poetry.com.
Regardless, I hope you find this website much more rewarding, and welcome you, should'veknown. Perhaps this (http://www.online-poetry.com/) may interest you - a contest the forum administrator designed, where you can post your poetry for free.
Good luck!

subterranean
09-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Hi, I think Koa and Mono have said enough good things related to your post. So I just want to say welcome on board :wave:

Logos
09-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Welcome to the Literature Network should'veknown :)

Sorry to hear you got scammed.

shortysweetp
09-18-2005, 05:53 PM
welcome to the forum fellow okie. i am glad you found the forum and how that you enjoy it was much as I do.

chevy
09-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Hello, I am new here as well. I was looking up info on this book I am supposed to be published in...ect...and i accedentally foudn this place. It seems nifty enough. I happened to be check out the old poetry dot com site, and looked up my old poem, found it, and i read that is was supposed to be published in this one book that they wanted em to order, but it was also supposed to be published in this ohter book a couple of years ago...I got my hopes up, joke is me. But this place looks nifty so I thinhk I will stick around

B-Mental
09-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Thats the second warning I've seen concerning Poetry.com. Be aware!

sadface17
09-29-2005, 09:56 AM
its my first time here. i like to write peoms and i must say i'm good at it.
here's one
darkness falls over me
it kills my eyes so i can't see
wrapping around me so tight
i can barely move let alone fight
i scream for help but nobody hears
i am alone except for my fears
misery has become my best friend
and it shall stay with me till the end

tell me what you think. peace.

Logos
09-29-2005, 10:22 AM
:wave: hello to all the newbies here!

This site has an area, details and link below, where you can post your own poems, have them rated and get others to comment on them, and it has a montly contest of it's own, if you're not too discouraged to share your poetry with others :)

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13231